UK based blockchain healthcare system Medicalchain, which connects patients with medical specialists worldwide, has signed a joint working agreement with the Mayo Clinic in the US, from which they aim to develop a range of blockchain related healthcare services.
According to a press release Monday, the Mayo Clinic was ranked the top hospital nationally by the US News & World Report rankings.
“We are thrilled to be working with Mayo Clinic,” said Dr Abdullah Albeyatti, CEO of Medicalchain, in the statement. “Mayo Clinic will provide their world-class healthcare and health IT expertise, while Medicalchain will provide our knowledge of blockchain and crypto. Together we will work on several use cases using blockchain based electronic health records. There’s a lot of opportunity out there, and we feel this working agreement will be of benefit to all healthcare stakeholders.”
Medicalchain launched its cross-border telemedicine platform MyClinic.com in May, which enables patients to schedule video consultations with doctors, and pay with the firm’s native MedTokens (/MTN).
The company said it aims to apply blockchain technology to the healthcare system to address some of the systemic problems providers face today, such as data security, fragmentation, high costs, and lack of patient centricity. They add that the joint working agreement between Mayo Clinic and Medicalchain is a step forward in realising this vision.
With numerous blockchain ventures being established in the medical sector, the quality and reputation of the health professionals in these networks becomes a key distinguishing factor and, on that score, Medicalchain’s alliance with the highly regarded Mayo Clinic can only be seen as a positive development.
The Mayo Clinic is ranked highly in a broad range of medical areas, including diabetes, endocrinology, gastroenterology and gynecology, in addition to nephrology, neurology, neurosurgery, pulmonology and urology.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018