Men make up more than 90 percent of the cryptocurrency space, as numerous surveys has reported. In Silicon Valley — the tech startup capital of the U.S. and a large proponent in the crypto industry — women hold only 11 percent of executive positions in companies.
Tracy Chou wants to change that.
In 2013, Chou — an engineer who has held positions at top-level tech companies — wrote a blog post that would help break the glass ceiling in Silicon Valley. “I had a lot of people flirting with me or hitting on me or giving me gifts. It was more than a year into working full-time when I first had the realization that I might be treated differently because I was a woman,” Chou says.
Her Medium blog post eventually led to changes in how companies like Google and Facebook approach diversity through publication of employee diversity data. “Now that we’re having much more discussion around diversity, people who are having less great [sic] experiences understand that’s not necessarily them,” Chou says, “and that there are bigger structural problems that need to be addressed.”
- Cryptocurrency Update from GlobalBlock - December 10, 2018
- To the blockchain and beyond: are security tokens the third wave in Fintech? - December 4, 2018
- Creating a Safer Working Environment For Freelancers With Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- Guest Post: How To Open Bank Account for Crypto Business – a Detailed Survey - October 24, 2018
- Blockchain in Africa: The next frontier - September 20, 2018
- UK’s Fastest Growing Online Pharmacy, UK Meds, to Implement Blockchain Technology with Stratis - September 5, 2018
- Will Blockchain Revive the Banner Ad? - August 28, 2018
- Blockchain Meets REIT – A New Era in Real Estate Investing - August 27, 2018
- How GXS Built the Blockcity: Own and Secure Data with 1.8 million Others - July 20, 2018
- HER Private Placement, Unlocked for the First Time - July 20, 2018
- Freelance Writer - July 16, 2018
- Artificial Intelligence System Writes and Directs Sci-Fi Film Starring Thomas Middleditch - July 13, 2018
- An Interview with Ameer Rosic, co-founder of Blockgeeks: “The Whole Point of Blockchain is to Democratize” - July 13, 2018
- Find Out How Much People Really Know About Cryptocurrency - July 13, 2018
- First Look at a Cell Phone Made Just for Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts - July 12, 2018
- How a Blog Post Can Break Silicon Valley’s Glass Ceiling - July 12, 2018
- Professional Hacker Breaks Down Scenes from “Ocean’s 8” - July 12, 2018
- Jimmy Song on Why It’s Hard to “HODL” - July 12, 2018
- Introducing Fraction/al from the Founders of CoinLaunch - July 12, 2018
- Editor-in-chief - July 10, 2018