Men make up more than 90 percent of the cryptocurrency space, as numerous surveys has reported. In Silicon Valley — the tech startup capital of the U.S. and a large proponent in the crypto industry — women hold only 11 percent of executive positions in companies.
Tracy Chou wants to change that.
In 2013, Chou — an engineer who has held positions at top-level tech companies — wrote a blog post that would help break the glass ceiling in Silicon Valley. “I had a lot of people flirting with me or hitting on me or giving me gifts. It was more than a year into working full-time when I first had the realization that I might be treated differently because I was a woman,” Chou says.
Her Medium blog post eventually led to changes in how companies like Google and Facebook approach diversity through publication of employee diversity data. “Now that we’re having much more discussion around diversity, people who are having less great [sic] experiences understand that’s not necessarily them,” Chou says, “and that there are bigger structural problems that need to be addressed.”
- Facebook Wants to Take on Banks, Not Bitcoin - June 18, 2019
- Consensus 2019: Opportunities and Challenges of Blockchain in China & the U.S. - June 13, 2019
- What do Banks Need to Know About Virtual Currencies Right Now? - April 4, 2019
- Why Bitcoin Surged 20% In A Day, And What This Means For Its Future Price - April 4, 2019
- Japanese USDDex – New ERC-20 Stablecoin Claims up to 45% Profit to Crypto Investors - March 19, 2019
- Will Increased Decentralization Give Bitcoin its Second Life? - March 18, 2019
- Cryptocurrencies and crowdfunding: The road from the Statue of Liberty to tokenisation - March 13, 2019
- An Overview of the Best Bitcoin Exchange Apps - March 7, 2019
- How to not get Hacked Using Cryptocurrencies - February 20, 2019
- Ethereum Constantinople Hard Fork – What is it and How Might it Affect Prices? - January 15, 2019
- Weekly cryptocurrency analysis from David Thomas, Director and Co-Founder of GlobalBlock - January 10, 2019
- Bitcoin and Crypto’s Year Ahead – What does 2019 Have in Store? - December 21, 2018
- This weeks Cryptocurrency analysis from David Thomas, Director and Co-Founder of GlobalBlock - December 17, 2018
- Cryptocurrency Update from GlobalBlock - December 10, 2018
- To the blockchain and beyond: are security tokens the third wave in Fintech? - December 4, 2018
- Creating a Safer Working Environment For Freelancers With Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- Guest Post: How To Open Bank Account for Crypto Business – a Detailed Survey - October 24, 2018
- Blockchain in Africa: The next frontier - September 20, 2018
- UK’s Fastest Growing Online Pharmacy, UK Meds, to Implement Blockchain Technology with Stratis - September 5, 2018
- Will Blockchain Revive the Banner Ad? - August 28, 2018