Using their fully functioning platform, Fraction/al tokenizes existing asset-backed securities for partners and clients preparing them for public offering.
“The reality is that the majority of utility and security token offerings are nothing more than a good idea and a white paper. After seeing this up close over the past year, we came to the conclusion that the greater opportunity isn’t just in hypothetical businesses, but real-world assets.” – Reuven Cohen, Co-Founder
Fraction/al’s goal is to use modern blockchain-based technology to unlock a vast world of assets that were previously inaccessible, with an initial focus on fractional ownership of professional sports teams, real estate, corporate equities, debt, commodities and other financial derivatives.
Though these items may have inherent value, the marketplace in which they are sold often have few buyers, in comparison to those interested in the purchase of more liquid assets. Fractionalizing high-value assets, making them more liquid, has two major advantages focused on market accessibility.
If you are the owner of a high-valued asset, such as a pro sports team, the market to find a buyer is very limited. By fractionalizing your ownership in the team, you create a much larger market for your offering, making your asset more liquid. From the buyer’s perspective, high-value assets that were once out of reach, like ownership in your favorite pro football team, are now far more accessible. For investment purposes, it also allows you to more easily diversify your funds across multiple high-value liquid assets.
“We are not promising to offer these services tomorrow, we are already providing these services today, because we believe that a more open and accessible market will increase the long-term health of our financial markets.” – Randy Clemens, Co-Founder
In just a few years, the market for blockchain-based assets has gone from literally nothing into a more than $6 billion industry in the first three months of 2018. The industry is expected to be worth $690 billion in the next five years. The market for illiquid assets is potentially a multi-trillion-dollar market, as the global private equity market alone is a $4 trillion market.
With a fully functioning end-to-end platform, Fraction/al has already helped raise over $50 million for their clients in the last two months alone, before officially introducing themselves to the rest of the world.
For further information and interview requests:
- This weeks Cryptocurrency analysis from David Thomas, Director and Co-Founder of GlobalBlock - December 17, 2018
- Cryptocurrency Update from GlobalBlock - December 10, 2018
- To the blockchain and beyond: are security tokens the third wave in Fintech? - December 4, 2018
- Creating a Safer Working Environment For Freelancers With Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- Guest Post: How To Open Bank Account for Crypto Business – a Detailed Survey - October 24, 2018
- Blockchain in Africa: The next frontier - September 20, 2018
- UK’s Fastest Growing Online Pharmacy, UK Meds, to Implement Blockchain Technology with Stratis - September 5, 2018
- Will Blockchain Revive the Banner Ad? - August 28, 2018
- Blockchain Meets REIT – A New Era in Real Estate Investing - August 27, 2018
- How GXS Built the Blockcity: Own and Secure Data with 1.8 million Others - July 20, 2018
- HER Private Placement, Unlocked for the First Time - July 20, 2018
- Freelance Writer - July 16, 2018
- Artificial Intelligence System Writes and Directs Sci-Fi Film Starring Thomas Middleditch - July 13, 2018
- An Interview with Ameer Rosic, co-founder of Blockgeeks: “The Whole Point of Blockchain is to Democratize” - July 13, 2018
- Find Out How Much People Really Know About Cryptocurrency - July 13, 2018
- First Look at a Cell Phone Made Just for Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts - July 12, 2018
- How a Blog Post Can Break Silicon Valley’s Glass Ceiling - July 12, 2018
- Professional Hacker Breaks Down Scenes from “Ocean’s 8” - July 12, 2018
- Jimmy Song on Why It’s Hard to “HODL” - July 12, 2018
- Introducing Fraction/al from the Founders of CoinLaunch - July 12, 2018