In 2018, the price of coins such as bitcoin, ether and litecoin have steadily decreased, causing many holders to cash out in a flash of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt). Self-proclaimed crypto maximalist and developer Jimmy Song says there are three reasons it is difficult for crypto-holders to “hodl,” or keep their coins, in periods of price decreases.
For one, the government is to blame. “The reason why the government wants you to spend is because of their flawed economic models. Most of the government is Keynesian at this point,” Song says, going on to talk about how President Barack Obama and President George Bush encouraged spending following 9/11 and the recession in 2008, respectively.
As Song details, Bush and Obama did so under the ideology that an increase in spending and an increase in demand would cause employment levels to rise. According to Song, this theory is false and has led to the ingrained societal philosophy of spend, spend, spend.
Another entity behind spending habits? Businesses. “They play all sort of tricks to get you to spend your money,” says Song. “This is where business and government coming together can be so evil.”
Ultimately, though, Song says that we are to blame for spending as well, which makes it hard to hold onto tokens when we’d rather cash out to buy an expensive handbag or luxury car rather than saving for the things we need.
Song advises prayer, meditation and self-improvement practices to get through the FUD.
For more on how government, businesses and individual wants are making holding hard, check out Song’s video above.
- Cryptocurrency Update from GlobalBlock - December 10, 2018
- To the blockchain and beyond: are security tokens the third wave in Fintech? - December 4, 2018
- Creating a Safer Working Environment For Freelancers With Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- Guest Post: How To Open Bank Account for Crypto Business – a Detailed Survey - October 24, 2018
- Blockchain in Africa: The next frontier - September 20, 2018
- UK’s Fastest Growing Online Pharmacy, UK Meds, to Implement Blockchain Technology with Stratis - September 5, 2018
- Will Blockchain Revive the Banner Ad? - August 28, 2018
- Blockchain Meets REIT – A New Era in Real Estate Investing - August 27, 2018
- How GXS Built the Blockcity: Own and Secure Data with 1.8 million Others - July 20, 2018
- HER Private Placement, Unlocked for the First Time - July 20, 2018
- Freelance Writer - July 16, 2018
- Artificial Intelligence System Writes and Directs Sci-Fi Film Starring Thomas Middleditch - July 13, 2018
- An Interview with Ameer Rosic, co-founder of Blockgeeks: “The Whole Point of Blockchain is to Democratize” - July 13, 2018
- Find Out How Much People Really Know About Cryptocurrency - July 13, 2018
- First Look at a Cell Phone Made Just for Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts - July 12, 2018
- How a Blog Post Can Break Silicon Valley’s Glass Ceiling - July 12, 2018
- Professional Hacker Breaks Down Scenes from “Ocean’s 8” - July 12, 2018
- Jimmy Song on Why It’s Hard to “HODL” - July 12, 2018
- Introducing Fraction/al from the Founders of CoinLaunch - July 12, 2018
- Editor-in-chief - July 10, 2018