Most people have heard of Bitcoin at this point, and perhaps the term “cryptocurrency,” but do they know what it is? Surveys in 2018 have shown that less than 8 percent of Americans own cryptocurrencies with around 55 percent reporting that they do not plan to invest in the future. Why is that though? Perhaps there’s a lack of education on the technology for the general public.
This hypothesis is reinforced with Fanatics Media’s video in which they visit Santa Monica Beach, California, to find out how much people actually know about cryptocurrency — asking whether they know where to buy it, what kinds there are, what it looks like and more.
“Do you know who Satoshi Nakamoto is?” Fanatics Media asks.
“Someone from Japan?” one person answers.
Another answer excitedly: “I know this one! So, it was the anonymous person who made Bitcoin!”
And still another: “Sounds like somebody from ‘Karate Kid.'”
- Cryptocurrency Update from GlobalBlock - December 10, 2018
- To the blockchain and beyond: are security tokens the third wave in Fintech? - December 4, 2018
- Creating a Safer Working Environment For Freelancers With Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- Guest Post: How To Open Bank Account for Crypto Business – a Detailed Survey - October 24, 2018
- Blockchain in Africa: The next frontier - September 20, 2018
- UK’s Fastest Growing Online Pharmacy, UK Meds, to Implement Blockchain Technology with Stratis - September 5, 2018
- Will Blockchain Revive the Banner Ad? - August 28, 2018
- Blockchain Meets REIT – A New Era in Real Estate Investing - August 27, 2018
- How GXS Built the Blockcity: Own and Secure Data with 1.8 million Others - July 20, 2018
- HER Private Placement, Unlocked for the First Time - July 20, 2018
- Freelance Writer - July 16, 2018
- Artificial Intelligence System Writes and Directs Sci-Fi Film Starring Thomas Middleditch - July 13, 2018
- An Interview with Ameer Rosic, co-founder of Blockgeeks: “The Whole Point of Blockchain is to Democratize” - July 13, 2018
- Find Out How Much People Really Know About Cryptocurrency - July 13, 2018
- First Look at a Cell Phone Made Just for Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts - July 12, 2018
- How a Blog Post Can Break Silicon Valley’s Glass Ceiling - July 12, 2018
- Professional Hacker Breaks Down Scenes from “Ocean’s 8” - July 12, 2018
- Jimmy Song on Why It’s Hard to “HODL” - July 12, 2018
- Introducing Fraction/al from the Founders of CoinLaunch - July 12, 2018
- Editor-in-chief - July 10, 2018