Using secure instant video messages to allow users to meet with each other, blockchain-based instant dating and social network SVPER on Wednesday announced the launch of an initial coin offering (ICO) for its /SVP tokens.
Instead of a static photograph and a wordy description, SVPER uses a video posted by the user to provide an instant invitation to which other users can RSVP. Users can see what people near them are doing and meet them in person instantly. When they meet up they earn rewards in the form of SVPER tokens.
SVPER uses an ERC-721 standard to increase the app’s security, trustworthiness and transparency, the company said. Through a scoring system, users have a “digital DNA” on the blockchain thereby eliminating fake profiles and bots. The blockchain also supports SVP tokens that users earn or buy, which can be used to make purchases through the app.
“What makes SVPER unique is that it is harnessing the power of the internet and blockchain technology to encourage people to meet up in real life,” stated Jean-Baptiste Fort, the company’s co-founder and CEO. “The main benefit to the users is that it is instant. There are no silent matches, no text messaging, and no chatting before. They can chat when they meet each other in real life. The idea is to find companionship and it is even better if companionship develops into romance and lifelong friendship.”
SVPER is positioning itself in what it regards as one of the most profitable industries in the world of mobile apps. Online dating accounted for $ 1.3 billion USD of spending in 2017.
The Company plans to launch a Minimum Viable Product in October 2018, consisting of a freemium model. Further features will be added to the app as the SVPER community grows.
The pre-sale will run from 28 August until 30 September, with a public sale running through October.
The offering has a soft cap of EUR 3 million and a hard cap of EUR 35 million. Pledges of over EUR 1 million have already been received from European investors, the company said.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018