One of the world’s most widely followed music bands has finalised a partnership in a Malta-based company as it prepares to launch a revolutionary new gaming platform.
Boyce Avenue , the American pop and rock band formed in Sarasota, Florida, by brothers Alejandro, Daniel and Fabian Manzano – have taken an equity stake and endorsement deal with Quizando, the Malta-based quiz game portal that is currently undergoing major global development.
The American band has a whopping 11.5 million subscribers on its YouTube channel. Their music videos have been viewed a staggering 4 billion times, making them the most viewed independent band on the planet. The Boyce Avenue YouTube channel alone is amongst the top 200 most followed channels worldwide across all topics while they are in the top 100 streamed artists on Spotify.
“We believed in the concept of Quizando since we were first introduced to it a few months ago. After testing the site for many months, the team are now in the process of further developing the platform and we decided this was the perfect time to get involved as shareholders,” Daniel Manzano explained.
As part of its redevelopment, Quizando will be introducing a new version of the game specifically aimed at solving a number of challenges faced by the online influencer community, namely the lack of monetisation opportunities.
“We found this element of the new Quizando to be extremely exciting. We don’t want to give too much away at this point, but it will actually revolutionise the way the world’s online influencers monetize their followings,” Daniel said.
Wesley Ellul, one of Quizando’s founders, said the deal making Boyce Avenue part of the ownership team was a natural partnership.
“From the moment we started talking to Daniel and his brothers we could see how excited they were by our project and how much belief they have in what we are creating,” he said.
“Boyce Avenue are one of the greatest examples around of how to build a solid and connected digital following. Given that this is an area the new version of Quizando will focus heavily on, their input will be invaluable.”
The beta version of Quizando has been live for more than a year during which time a variety of game types and quiz styles have been tested, ensuring the new platform will be ready to deal with the mass market. Despite virtually no marketing of the site, thousands of players have already signed up.
“We wanted to make sure that a market for this type of quiz game existed and test just how extensive it is before moving on to phase two. But even we were overwhelmed by the response,” Wesley said.
“Quizando now has subscribers from more than 50 countries as far apart as the US, Australia, Mexico, China and India as well a complete cross section of European players. Its global potential is huge.”
Quizando is owned and operated by Web Matters Limited who are currently running an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) for the platform. More information about the ICO can be found on their website www.quizando.io
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020