Universal Gaming Token PlayChip, has just announced that its combined user count has hit 1 million, a milestone they had initially forecasted surpassing in December.
The PlayChip Ecosystem’s one million users are located across over 70 countries, with particularly high traction in India, Australia, United Kingdom, and the USA. When the blockchain-enabled platform goes live on December 19, each of these users will be able to easily participate in seven different online gaming platforms that include sports betting, casino games, eSports and Daily Fantasy Sports.
The success of the PlayChip is indicative of a new trend of reverse ICOs in the cryptocurrency market. Reverse-ICOs refers to existing businesses who tokenize the economy of their user base, unlike traditional token offerings that generally lack a working product and users. Following the success of the Telegram ICO, the PlayChip represents one of the first in this new wave of reverse token offerings.
“PlayChip is truly a unique token offering because while others write white papers about potential audiences and hypothetical use cases, PlayChip is well positioned with a very active global audience on multiple platforms that are already part of the PlayChip family,” Luke Lombe, Head of Blockchain with PlayChip said.
“The team at PlayChip are thrilled about hitting the million-user mark earlier than expected, and we look forward to continued strong growth. We are in the middle of our pre-sale and very much focussed on delivering a quality product that surpasses the expectations of our loyal following.”
The seven gaming platforms in the PlayChip ecosystem include PlayUp, DraftStars, Betting.Club, ClassicBet, TopBetta, MadBookie, and 123Bet. All players will be able to seamlessly move between platforms via the integrated PlayWallet and instantly cash out via the PlayXchange. In FY2018, these platforms are on track to exceed a turnover of US$430 million.
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018