Commenting on the release, Lisk Co-Founder and Lightcurve CEO Max Kordek said, “Today marks the beginning of a new era for the Lisk community. The road to innovation is rarely smooth, and we have taken a methodical, measured approach to our development phase, taking no shortcuts along the way. It is with a great sense of collective pride that we officially announce the release of Lisk Core 1.0, an achievement that reaffirms our ambition to be the enablers of innovation in the fast evolving blockchain ecosystem.”
The array of technological advancements released as part of Lisk Core 1.0 also includes the implementation of a SocketCluster library, a highly scalable HTTP+ real-time server engine which enables users to build multi-process real-time servers that make use of all machine CPU cores. Other updates include a public API extension and replacement, the introduction of numerous code refactors, and a full test suite rewrite – ushering in a new phase of innovation for the platform.
Lisk Co-Founder and Lightcurve CTO Oliver Beddows said, “This is one of the most important milestones for the Lisk ecosystem to date, and stems from a rigorous phase of testing and development. At this stage we have actually developed 41 versions of Lisk Core in our relentless efforts to keep improving scalability and stability of the future ecosystem of blockchain applications. In order to take this major step forward with the release of Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet, we had to conduct a deep dive into the code, a hugely time consuming yet rewarding endeavour for our team.”
The release of Lisk Core 1.0 also incorporates a redesign of the P2P layer to maximize performance and improve the reliability of the network. Peers are now able to stay connected to each other and exchange data using a real-time framework provided by a prominent open source project, SocketCluster.
“This is the latest stage in Lisk’s mission to simplify the creation of blockchain applications, democratize blockchain, and extend the technology’s benefits to everyone. The Lisk Core codebase will be used as a template to develop new blockchains on which revolutionary new applications can be built. This is a necessary step to ensure the future stability and scalability of our protocol, supporting a vibrant ecosystem of blockchain applications,” concluded Kordek.
More information about installing a Lisk Core 1.0 node can be found in the official Lisk documentation here.
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018