Hong Kong-based global fintech company ATOM Group (ATOM™), has announced its AAX digital asset exchange, set to launch in H1 2019, is using institutional-grade technology from London Stock Exchange Group Technology (LSEG Technology).
“The digital asset marketplace faces a critical need for more industry best practice in order to build greater investor confidence. AAX will leverage LSEG Technology’s platform and expertise to deliver a world-class exchange that provides fair, trusted and secure digital asset trading for all,” said Peter Lin, CEO of ATOM Group.
AAX will be the first digital asset exchange to be built on LSEG Technology’s Millennium Exchange™ matching engine, which also provides technology services to London Stock Exchange and other global venues such as HKEX and SGX. This will enable AAX to deliver high performance, reliable and trusted services to investors who demand greater reassurance as digital asset markets globally face fears over security, market manipulation, and unreliable peak-period performance.
“We are delighted to have been selected by ATOM to provide a best-in-class technology solution to help power its new exchange. It underlines Millennium Exchange’s reputation for performance, scalability, flexibility and reliability and we look forward to working with the AAX team ahead of the launch in H1 2019,” said Ann Neidenbach, CIO, LSEG Technology.
With growing momentum around market regulation and the need for greater market transparency, ATOM is accelerating the development of institutional-grade platforms for investors.
The announcement follows the recent Securities and Futures Commission guidelines for cryptocurrency trading in Hong Kong. “With institutions such as Fidelity Investments entering the market and others also gearing up for entry, we predict the digital asset class is primed for entry by institutional and mainstream investors in 2019,” Lin added.
The agreement with LSEG Technology will enable AAX to provide:
- Institutional-grade technology as used by global exchanges such as LSEG, HKEX and SGX
- Scalable, compliant platform as used by world-class regulated markets
- Industry standard process and operational excellence
The AAX platform will also leverage global security leader Kroll for cybersecurity to ensure the highest levels of security are embedded throughout operational processes and technical solutions.
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020