Hong Kong-based global fintech company ATOM Group (ATOM™), has announced its AAX digital asset exchange, set to launch in H1 2019, is using institutional-grade technology from London Stock Exchange Group Technology (LSEG Technology).
“The digital asset marketplace faces a critical need for more industry best practice in order to build greater investor confidence. AAX will leverage LSEG Technology’s platform and expertise to deliver a world-class exchange that provides fair, trusted and secure digital asset trading for all,” said Peter Lin, CEO of ATOM Group.
AAX will be the first digital asset exchange to be built on LSEG Technology’s Millennium Exchange™ matching engine, which also provides technology services to London Stock Exchange and other global venues such as HKEX and SGX. This will enable AAX to deliver high performance, reliable and trusted services to investors who demand greater reassurance as digital asset markets globally face fears over security, market manipulation, and unreliable peak-period performance.
“We are delighted to have been selected by ATOM to provide a best-in-class technology solution to help power its new exchange. It underlines Millennium Exchange’s reputation for performance, scalability, flexibility and reliability and we look forward to working with the AAX team ahead of the launch in H1 2019,” said Ann Neidenbach, CIO, LSEG Technology.
With growing momentum around market regulation and the need for greater market transparency, ATOM is accelerating the development of institutional-grade platforms for investors.
The announcement follows the recent Securities and Futures Commission guidelines for cryptocurrency trading in Hong Kong. “With institutions such as Fidelity Investments entering the market and others also gearing up for entry, we predict the digital asset class is primed for entry by institutional and mainstream investors in 2019,” Lin added.
The agreement with LSEG Technology will enable AAX to provide:
- Institutional-grade technology as used by global exchanges such as LSEG, HKEX and SGX
- Scalable, compliant platform as used by world-class regulated markets
- Industry standard process and operational excellence
The AAX platform will also leverage global security leader Kroll for cybersecurity to ensure the highest levels of security are embedded throughout operational processes and technical solutions.
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019
- Facebook Allegedly Seeking USD$1 Billion VC for Cryptocurrency Project - April 9, 2019
- China to Ban Bitcoin Mining? - April 9, 2019
- Over $440M Orders Purchased – Gate.io Announces Gatechain Token (GT) Point Sale and GT Reward Distribution Results - April 9, 2019
- Bgogo Apollo Plans to Sell Algorand IOUs in an IEO, Without Permission - April 9, 2019