Hong Kong-based global fintech company ATOM Group (ATOM™), has announced its AAX digital asset exchange, set to launch in H1 2019, is using institutional-grade technology from London Stock Exchange Group Technology (LSEG Technology).
“The digital asset marketplace faces a critical need for more industry best practice in order to build greater investor confidence. AAX will leverage LSEG Technology’s platform and expertise to deliver a world-class exchange that provides fair, trusted and secure digital asset trading for all,” said Peter Lin, CEO of ATOM Group.
AAX will be the first digital asset exchange to be built on LSEG Technology’s Millennium Exchange™ matching engine, which also provides technology services to London Stock Exchange and other global venues such as HKEX and SGX. This will enable AAX to deliver high performance, reliable and trusted services to investors who demand greater reassurance as digital asset markets globally face fears over security, market manipulation, and unreliable peak-period performance.
“We are delighted to have been selected by ATOM to provide a best-in-class technology solution to help power its new exchange. It underlines Millennium Exchange’s reputation for performance, scalability, flexibility and reliability and we look forward to working with the AAX team ahead of the launch in H1 2019,” said Ann Neidenbach, CIO, LSEG Technology.
With growing momentum around market regulation and the need for greater market transparency, ATOM is accelerating the development of institutional-grade platforms for investors.
The announcement follows the recent Securities and Futures Commission guidelines for cryptocurrency trading in Hong Kong. “With institutions such as Fidelity Investments entering the market and others also gearing up for entry, we predict the digital asset class is primed for entry by institutional and mainstream investors in 2019,” Lin added.
The agreement with LSEG Technology will enable AAX to provide:
- Institutional-grade technology as used by global exchanges such as LSEG, HKEX and SGX
- Scalable, compliant platform as used by world-class regulated markets
- Industry standard process and operational excellence
The AAX platform will also leverage global security leader Kroll for cybersecurity to ensure the highest levels of security are embedded throughout operational processes and technical solutions.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019