Leading provider of cryptocurrency compliance and investigation solutions Chainalysis, has secured a $30M Series B financing which will help fund strategic product development of new cryptocurrency usage and open an office in London that will act as a hub for its R&D lab and regional expansion
The round was led by venture capital firm Accel, led by Amit Kumar and Philippe Botteri, and Chainalysis’s lead Series A investor, Benchmark who also increased its investment in the company after a $16M Series A round last April. Botteri will represent Accel on Chainalysis’s board of directors.
“While other companies in our industry are pulling back, Chainalysis is investing in building foundational technology for the future of cryptocurrency,” said Michael Gronager, CEO and Co-founder of Chainalysis. “We are focused on empowering new cryptocurrency use cases like stablecoins and supporting businesses and governments globally as cryptocurrency regulation becomes more defined.”
“Thanks to its deep crypto expertise and unique technology, Chainalysis has quickly become the industry benchmark for blockchain analysis and compliance technology,” said Botteri, partner at Accel and based in London. “Chainalysis’s vision is to make cryptocurrency compliance a new standard for financial services as the ecosystem matures. “We look forward to supporting them across Europe, the U.S. and Asia,” added Amit Kumar, partner at Accel and based in Palo Alto.
Over the past year, the company has launched and deployed its real-time anti-money laundering and compliance software for cryptocurrencies, Chainalysis KYT (“Know Your Transaction”), and expanded its coverage beyond Bitcoin to include Ether, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and stablecoins. Over 100 financial institutions and cryptocurrency exchanges, including Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, have signed up for Chainalysis KYT to automate the process of screening transactions and monitoring user activity.
The latest round of funding comes on the heels of Chainalysis’s recent launch of KYT for stablecoins – pegged cryptocurrencies designed to decrease volatility and appeal to a broader audience of users – that now have a total market cap of over $3B. With this solution, firms launching stablecoins will be equipped to monitor every transaction throughout their lifecycle, from issuance to redemption. Initial named clients within stablecoins include Paxos and TrustToken.
“Chainalysis has seen significant traction over the past year, and we believe there is a steep growth trajectory ahead,” said Sarah Tavel, General Partner at Benchmark and member of Chainalysis’s Board of Directors. “We are doubling down on our conviction that the firm’s technology will build trust in the ecosystem and encourage greater participation in cryptocurrency markets.”
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019