Leading provider of cryptocurrency compliance and investigation solutions Chainalysis, has secured a $30M Series B financing which will help fund strategic product development of new cryptocurrency usage and open an office in London that will act as a hub for its R&D lab and regional expansion
The round was led by venture capital firm Accel, led by Amit Kumar and Philippe Botteri, and Chainalysis’s lead Series A investor, Benchmark who also increased its investment in the company after a $16M Series A round last April. Botteri will represent Accel on Chainalysis’s board of directors.
“While other companies in our industry are pulling back, Chainalysis is investing in building foundational technology for the future of cryptocurrency,” said Michael Gronager, CEO and Co-founder of Chainalysis. “We are focused on empowering new cryptocurrency use cases like stablecoins and supporting businesses and governments globally as cryptocurrency regulation becomes more defined.”
“Thanks to its deep crypto expertise and unique technology, Chainalysis has quickly become the industry benchmark for blockchain analysis and compliance technology,” said Botteri, partner at Accel and based in London. “Chainalysis’s vision is to make cryptocurrency compliance a new standard for financial services as the ecosystem matures. “We look forward to supporting them across Europe, the U.S. and Asia,” added Amit Kumar, partner at Accel and based in Palo Alto.
Over the past year, the company has launched and deployed its real-time anti-money laundering and compliance software for cryptocurrencies, Chainalysis KYT (“Know Your Transaction”), and expanded its coverage beyond Bitcoin to include Ether, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and stablecoins. Over 100 financial institutions and cryptocurrency exchanges, including Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, have signed up for Chainalysis KYT to automate the process of screening transactions and monitoring user activity.
The latest round of funding comes on the heels of Chainalysis’s recent launch of KYT for stablecoins – pegged cryptocurrencies designed to decrease volatility and appeal to a broader audience of users – that now have a total market cap of over $3B. With this solution, firms launching stablecoins will be equipped to monitor every transaction throughout their lifecycle, from issuance to redemption. Initial named clients within stablecoins include Paxos and TrustToken.
“Chainalysis has seen significant traction over the past year, and we believe there is a steep growth trajectory ahead,” said Sarah Tavel, General Partner at Benchmark and member of Chainalysis’s Board of Directors. “We are doubling down on our conviction that the firm’s technology will build trust in the ecosystem and encourage greater participation in cryptocurrency markets.”
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020