On March 4, 2019, Insolar is launching the Testnet 1.1 of its blockchain platform with the participation of external nodes in its network.
The Swiss technical University ETH Zurich and Toronto’s York University have already reserved their nodes, as well as several bluechip companies, will be participating.
Insolar is a global technology company building innovative public and private blockchain solutions on the Insolar blockchain platform: the most secure, flexible and scalable blockchain for business.
In January 2019, Insolar successfully launched its Testnet 1.0 with a throughput of over 10,000 transactions per second on 20 nodes. During Testnet 1.0, all the participating nodes were hosted internally by Insolar.
Since Insolar’s platform is linearly scalable, each new active network node added to the network allows for the platform’s speed to increase. This makes the speed at which the platform can perform practically unlimited. The significance is decisive: in earlier generations of blockchain transaction speed typically becomes slower when more nodes join the network.
With its unrivalled scalability, Insolar has set a valuable milestone for achieving widespread enterprise adoption of the blockchain, a technology which can revolutionize the way the world does business. Gartner predicts that in the near future, 20% of global economic infrastructure will be running on blockchain-based systems, which will add the colossal US $3.2 trillion in annual business value.
The launch of the Testnet 1.1 coincides with recent improvements in the performance of the Insolar platform. The fixes and enhancements have allowed the network throughput to increase to over 16,000 transactions per second on just 20 nodes. This makes it the most scalable blockchain platform for enterprise worldwide. As an example, Paypal can only handle 193 transactions per second.
Running a node during Insolar’s Testnet 1.1 is free and easy, while network participants can create accounts, generate transactions, and observe network capacity and throughput.
Insolar is building an open source, enterprise-grade blockchain platform that uses distributed trust to enable seamless interactions between companies and unlock new growth opportunities. Insolar’s 4th generation architecture, which blends the best of cloud, the blockchain, and distributed tech, creates cost efficiencies, opens new revenue streams, and powers transformative business models; it is secure, scalable, interoperable, affordable, and easily deployed. In addition to the platform, Insolar offers full-service blockchain consulting and product development to accelerate companies from proof-of-concept to production. Insolar is ranked #1 among blockchain projects worldwide in development activity, according to Cryptomiso. It is a global team of 60+ people in North America and Europe, including 45 full-time engineers, 10 leading blockchain academics from major institutions (York University, ETH Zurich, Princeton), and a founding team of serial tech entrepreneurs and enterprise veterans.
To learn more, visit: https://www.insolar.io.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019