On March 4, 2019, Insolar is launching the Testnet 1.1 of its blockchain platform with the participation of external nodes in its network.
The Swiss technical University ETH Zurich and Toronto’s York University have already reserved their nodes, as well as several bluechip companies, will be participating.
Insolar is a global technology company building innovative public and private blockchain solutions on the Insolar blockchain platform: the most secure, flexible and scalable blockchain for business.
In January 2019, Insolar successfully launched its Testnet 1.0 with a throughput of over 10,000 transactions per second on 20 nodes. During Testnet 1.0, all the participating nodes were hosted internally by Insolar.
Since Insolar’s platform is linearly scalable, each new active network node added to the network allows for the platform’s speed to increase. This makes the speed at which the platform can perform practically unlimited. The significance is decisive: in earlier generations of blockchain transaction speed typically becomes slower when more nodes join the network.
With its unrivalled scalability, Insolar has set a valuable milestone for achieving widespread enterprise adoption of the blockchain, a technology which can revolutionize the way the world does business. Gartner predicts that in the near future, 20% of global economic infrastructure will be running on blockchain-based systems, which will add the colossal US $3.2 trillion in annual business value.
The launch of the Testnet 1.1 coincides with recent improvements in the performance of the Insolar platform. The fixes and enhancements have allowed the network throughput to increase to over 16,000 transactions per second on just 20 nodes. This makes it the most scalable blockchain platform for enterprise worldwide. As an example, Paypal can only handle 193 transactions per second.
Running a node during Insolar’s Testnet 1.1 is free and easy, while network participants can create accounts, generate transactions, and observe network capacity and throughput.
Insolar is building an open source, enterprise-grade blockchain platform that uses distributed trust to enable seamless interactions between companies and unlock new growth opportunities. Insolar’s 4th generation architecture, which blends the best of cloud, the blockchain, and distributed tech, creates cost efficiencies, opens new revenue streams, and powers transformative business models; it is secure, scalable, interoperable, affordable, and easily deployed. In addition to the platform, Insolar offers full-service blockchain consulting and product development to accelerate companies from proof-of-concept to production. Insolar is ranked #1 among blockchain projects worldwide in development activity, according to Cryptomiso. It is a global team of 60+ people in North America and Europe, including 45 full-time engineers, 10 leading blockchain academics from major institutions (York University, ETH Zurich, Princeton), and a founding team of serial tech entrepreneurs and enterprise veterans.
To learn more, visit: https://www.insolar.io.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019