On March 4, 2019, Insolar is launching the Testnet 1.1 of its blockchain platform with the participation of external nodes in its network.
The Swiss technical University ETH Zurich and Toronto’s York University have already reserved their nodes, as well as several bluechip companies, will be participating.
Insolar is a global technology company building innovative public and private blockchain solutions on the Insolar blockchain platform: the most secure, flexible and scalable blockchain for business.
In January 2019, Insolar successfully launched its Testnet 1.0 with a throughput of over 10,000 transactions per second on 20 nodes. During Testnet 1.0, all the participating nodes were hosted internally by Insolar.
Since Insolar’s platform is linearly scalable, each new active network node added to the network allows for the platform’s speed to increase. This makes the speed at which the platform can perform practically unlimited. The significance is decisive: in earlier generations of blockchain transaction speed typically becomes slower when more nodes join the network.
With its unrivalled scalability, Insolar has set a valuable milestone for achieving widespread enterprise adoption of the blockchain, a technology which can revolutionize the way the world does business. Gartner predicts that in the near future, 20% of global economic infrastructure will be running on blockchain-based systems, which will add the colossal US $3.2 trillion in annual business value.
The launch of the Testnet 1.1 coincides with recent improvements in the performance of the Insolar platform. The fixes and enhancements have allowed the network throughput to increase to over 16,000 transactions per second on just 20 nodes. This makes it the most scalable blockchain platform for enterprise worldwide. As an example, Paypal can only handle 193 transactions per second.
Running a node during Insolar’s Testnet 1.1 is free and easy, while network participants can create accounts, generate transactions, and observe network capacity and throughput.
Insolar is building an open source, enterprise-grade blockchain platform that uses distributed trust to enable seamless interactions between companies and unlock new growth opportunities. Insolar’s 4th generation architecture, which blends the best of cloud, the blockchain, and distributed tech, creates cost efficiencies, opens new revenue streams, and powers transformative business models; it is secure, scalable, interoperable, affordable, and easily deployed. In addition to the platform, Insolar offers full-service blockchain consulting and product development to accelerate companies from proof-of-concept to production. Insolar is ranked #1 among blockchain projects worldwide in development activity, according to Cryptomiso. It is a global team of 60+ people in North America and Europe, including 45 full-time engineers, 10 leading blockchain academics from major institutions (York University, ETH Zurich, Princeton), and a founding team of serial tech entrepreneurs and enterprise veterans.
To learn more, visit: https://www.insolar.io.
- OneFeather and BlocPal to Provide First Nations with Digital Financial Services - July 23, 2019
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019