Global cryptocurrency exchange leader and behemoth Huobi Prime, in its second Initial Exchange Offering (IEO), launched pioneering platform Project Newton selling out the first two rounds in six seconds. Some 17,863 users bought 2 billion NEW tokens (worth some USD$4,630,920) during the launch. The first two rounds of price limited trading were on a first-come, first served basis. But in a special third round, all 16,130 users got at least some of the tokens they desired.
“We’re deeply honoured that so many users see the same value in Prime and coins like NEW as we do,” said Ross Zhang, Head of Marketing for Huobi Group. “We’re also really thrilled to see how many users were able to gain access to the NEW they desired in our special community round.”
In addition to the launch of NEW, today’s launch brought with it a number of key changes for Huobi Prime. Driven by frustrations some users felt during our inaugural launch of TOP due to overwhelming demand and limited supply, for example, Huobi reserved a full 50% of its supply of NEW tokens for the special community round.
Custom-designed to spread a greater number of tokens across a greater number of users via adjusted system matching, the community round helped ensure that all qualified participants got at least some of the tokens they desired. In addition, this time around Huobi also put in place a requirement that users have an average daily holding of at least 500 Huobi Token (HT) for the 30 days leading up to NEW’s launch (though shorter amounts were possible if users held larger amounts of HT) and shortened each trading round to ten minutes each.
“We’ll be carefully evaluating the impact of the community round and our other changes over the coming days,” Zhang said. “We plan to make Huobi Prime a source of ongoing innovation and improvement and, as we’ve said throughout this process, our goal remains to make it the premier place to access premium coins for the broader crypto community.”
NEW has now been fully listed – and is freely tradable – on Huobi Global in the form of NEW/HT. NEW/BTC, NEW/USDT will be added soon.
Highlights Of NEW Launch:
- Total numbers of people who bought NEW: 17,863
- Percentage Price Increase For NEW (From First Round To 21:00 (GMT + 8): +500%
- Ceiling Price For NEW In Each Round:- First Round: 1 NEW= 0.000725 HT – Second Round: 1 NEW= 0.000870 HT – Third Round: 1 NEW= 0.001043 HT
- NEW Sold (Overall Total): all 2,000,000,000 NEW allocated for Prime trading (2.0 % of Total Token Supply)
- NEW Sold (By Round): 1st Round: 400,000,000 NEW 2nd Round: 600,000,000 NEW 3rd Round: 1,000,000,000 NEW
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020