Global cryptocurrency exchange leader and behemoth Huobi Prime, in its second Initial Exchange Offering (IEO), launched pioneering platform Project Newton selling out the first two rounds in six seconds. Some 17,863 users bought 2 billion NEW tokens (worth some USD$4,630,920) during the launch. The first two rounds of price limited trading were on a first-come, first served basis. But in a special third round, all 16,130 users got at least some of the tokens they desired.
“We’re deeply honoured that so many users see the same value in Prime and coins like NEW as we do,” said Ross Zhang, Head of Marketing for Huobi Group. “We’re also really thrilled to see how many users were able to gain access to the NEW they desired in our special community round.”
In addition to the launch of NEW, today’s launch brought with it a number of key changes for Huobi Prime. Driven by frustrations some users felt during our inaugural launch of TOP due to overwhelming demand and limited supply, for example, Huobi reserved a full 50% of its supply of NEW tokens for the special community round.
Custom-designed to spread a greater number of tokens across a greater number of users via adjusted system matching, the community round helped ensure that all qualified participants got at least some of the tokens they desired. In addition, this time around Huobi also put in place a requirement that users have an average daily holding of at least 500 Huobi Token (HT) for the 30 days leading up to NEW’s launch (though shorter amounts were possible if users held larger amounts of HT) and shortened each trading round to ten minutes each.
“We’ll be carefully evaluating the impact of the community round and our other changes over the coming days,” Zhang said. “We plan to make Huobi Prime a source of ongoing innovation and improvement and, as we’ve said throughout this process, our goal remains to make it the premier place to access premium coins for the broader crypto community.”
NEW has now been fully listed – and is freely tradable – on Huobi Global in the form of NEW/HT. NEW/BTC, NEW/USDT will be added soon.
Highlights Of NEW Launch:
- Total numbers of people who bought NEW: 17,863
- Percentage Price Increase For NEW (From First Round To 21:00 (GMT + 8): +500%
- Ceiling Price For NEW In Each Round:- First Round: 1 NEW= 0.000725 HT – Second Round: 1 NEW= 0.000870 HT – Third Round: 1 NEW= 0.001043 HT
- NEW Sold (Overall Total): all 2,000,000,000 NEW allocated for Prime trading (2.0 % of Total Token Supply)
- NEW Sold (By Round): 1st Round: 400,000,000 NEW 2nd Round: 600,000,000 NEW 3rd Round: 1,000,000,000 NEW
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019