Cryptocurrency consortium Panxora Group has launched a Treasury Management Service (TMS) which will help founders of projects issuing token sales to manage the capital raised and ensure that it is preserved from the volatility of cryptocurrency.
Many projects who issued token sales in the heyday of 2017 have crashed as token values took a swan dive in the great crash of 2018. This coupled with financial mismanagement has led to many projects and investors with little to show for.
For young crypto companies, managing capital is a daunting task and keeping it in crypto exposes it to volatility and risks loss, while converting it immediately to fiat could mean a missed opportunity to take advantage of a rising crypto market. In response, Panxora has launched the TMS to help crypto projects face the challenge of managing the funds they raise.
Gavin Smith, CEO of Panxora said:
“Too many exciting ICO projects have fallen by the wayside due to poor financial management. With the TMS, ICO founders no longer need to worry about being able to keep the lights on and can instead focus on their ideas.”
Over Smith’s 20 years’ experience in investment banking and commodities, he saw the big players regularly using hedging strategies to tackle volatility. This not only preserves value but can also represent upwards of 50% of the commodity company’s yearly profits. Commodity markets and cryptocurrency share many characteristics so he saw an opportunity to create a competitive advantage for his ICO clients by transferring this expertise to the cryptocurrency industry.
Using active hedge strategies based on AI trading algorithms, coupled with passive hedge balancing, the TMS can create a balance between capital growth and preservation, depending on the risk appetite of each client. The client dictates how much capital they need each month, which they can transfer into their operating account, ensuring that they can finance daily operations.
Panxora’s AI models were used to manage $2.9m raised during Panxora’s Tessier-Ashpool token sale in 2017. After 15 months of trading, the company moved $2.1m profit into an operating account, invested in 5 companies, run the business for 15 months and still has the original $2.9m plus an extra $200,000 sitting in the bank. Dynamic hedge management generated an increase of 76% during a period in which Bitcoin was down 16%.
Mr. Smith concluded: “Having a plan in place for responsible management of a token’s assets is not just good for the company itself. It’s a signal to investors that says: we’re serious about making this business work, taking responsibility for the capital you’ve entrusted to us. We think this is an important step forward in the maturation of the token industry.”
Founded in 2014 under the name First Global Credit, Panxora has always aimed to provide cryptocurrency owners with the same opportunities as fiat currency holders have to generate revenue from their assets. With significant experience both in traditional financial and cryptocurrency markets, Panxora’s co-founders brought their first service – crypto backed stock and ETF trading to market, followed shortly by its currency exchange and the launch of the investment collective, AICoin which uses proprietary AI to trade the cryptocurrency markets. The company’s development team continues to innovate new products and services that will provide advantages to its customers. This includes the public launch of Panxora Crypto I, a cryptocurrency focused hedge fund. This and other services have been designed to give crypto-asset holders ever more opportunities.
With more than 30,000 customers in 35 countries, Panxora Group is the crypto-community’s trusted partner to meet financial goals and put crypto-assets to work.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019