Blockchain Platform BitMovio is celebrating their Los Angeles office opening with a deal with Endemol Shine International, the sales and distribution arm of global production and distribution powerhouse Endemol Shine Group. The deal will bring over 600 hours of its top content to the next-generation gamified video entertainment marketplace.
Simon Zhu, Co-founder and CEO of BitMovio, said:
“We recently welcomed in global audiences to join our open beta and engage with content creators and community through a variety of interactive features and payment models, including through cryptocurrency and our innovative MoviBits virtual currency and rewards product. It’s important that we continue to bring new premium content to our platform as well, while we continue to release platform feature updates. We’re looking forward to seeing how viewers respond to Endemol Shine’s collection of popular shows.”
Cathy Payne, CEO of Endemol Shine International, added:
“We are continuously looking for new ways to reach audiences around the world with our programming and BitMovio bring a new exciting approach to managing, distributing and monetizing video content. We believe that this innovative platform will enable viewers to access our content however they want, whenever they want.”
Endemol Shine Group has created dozens of iconic reality, talent and game show franchises worldwide, many of which will now be available to BitMovio audiences, including Total Wipeout UK, Charm School, Flavor of Love, For the Love of Ray J, Rock of Love, Surreal Life, The Almost Impossible Game Show UK.
BitMovio’s streaming video platform features a wide array of genres, including gaming, science fiction, fantasy, horror, paranormal/UFOs, and more. Over the past several months, the company has signed over 1,400 hours of premium video content, including content from 1200 Productions, Arrowstorm Entertainment, Black Apple Talent, Elation Media, Fourth Media, Frank Horror, Gross Film, Horror House, ImAirTV, Invictus Entertainment Group, Magic Square Films, Small Basket Studios, Mill Creek Entertainment, and the World Poker Tour.
Content creators can create personalized channels on BitMovio with pre-recorded content, programmed content and livestreams via mobile or desktop, and set flexible pricing and business rules to instantly engage with their global audience. Viewers can enjoy both free and paid content and interact directly with content creators and other members as well as support content creators by tipping and gifting.
Throughout the open beta, BitMovio plans to launch new features that help members further engage with each other and with content and provide innovative tools and methods to enable proper compensation of the value and attention contributed by content creators and consumers. Today, the company is also releasing updates to its MoviBits in-platform virtual currency referral rewards program and its reward-based video advertising service for mobile products to further enrich the platform’s interactive and rewarding experience. The latter will enable BitMovio users to earn MoviBits by viewing ads, adding another compelling gamification layer to BitMovio’s platform.
In addition, BitMovio recently launched its open beta for web browsers and Android-based devices in March of this year. Starting today, audiences can now access the open beta in the Apple iOS devices as well.
To learn more about BitMovio, visit www.bitmov.io.
BitMovio is a next-generation gamified video entertainment marketplace, connecting forward-thinking content creators and passionate consumers. BitMovio is a cross between Patreon, YouTube, Twitch and Netflix, powered by blockchain technologies and in-platform virtual currency, which enables content creators, consumers, and financiers to transparently and instantaneously exchange value and attention. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms in Silicon Valley, New York City and Boston, BitMovio is on a mission to disrupt the video entertainment industry’s centralized content distribution and financing model. For more information, visit www.bitmov.io
About Endemol Shine International
Global distributor Endemol Shine International has a portfolio of over 61,000 hours of owned and third-party programming across scripted and non-scripted genres.
The company’s international and diverse drama portfolio includes Broadchurch, Peaky Blinders, Deep Water, The Fall, Humans, Grantchester, Gunpowder, Delicious, The Good Karma Hospital, Harem, La Cathedral del Mar, Tin Star, The Tunnel, Home and Away, A Place to Call Home, Archer, Younger and Bounty Hunters
Global hits include non-scripted superbrands MasterChef, The Block, 24 Hours in A & E, Family Food Fight, Deal or No Deal, LEGO Masters, Ambulance, One Born Every Minute, My Kitchen Rules, Beat Shazam, Britain’s Best Home Cook and Mr Bean.
Endemol Shine International has regionally focused distribution hubs in London, Los Angeles, Sydney, Miami, Moscow, Singapore and Mumbai, which serve broadcasters and other platforms in every market.
Endemol Shine International is part of Endemol Shine Group. With world-class creative, production, distribution and commercial capabilities, Endemol Shine Group works on a unique local and global axis, comprised of over 120 companies across all the world’s major markets, dedicated to creating content that entertains and enthrals billions of people around the world.
In 2018, Endemol Shine Group had 700 productions on air across 270 platforms in more than 70 territories, travelling more formats than any of our peers.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019