Digital payment and compliance platform, Alt Thirty Six, that uses blockchain technology and Dash designed to help the cannabis industry go cashless, has received $10 million in Series A funding to help accelerate company growth and enhance development capabilities.
“We are committed to revolutionizing the cannabis space by increasing access to compliant digital payments, making transactions easier and faster for all cannabis businesses,” said Ken Ramirez, co-founder and CEO of Alt Thirty Six. “This new Series A funding round provides us access to the resources we need to help facilitate our vision for one of the fastest growing industries in the country.”
The round was led by an unnamed private equity firm to support Alt Thirty Six’s digital payment solution. The startup’s innovative platform eliminates the need for cash in the cannabis industry by using blockchain technology and Dash, a decentralized digital asset, to facilitate the transfer of funds at dispensaries and cannabis businesses.
“We fully support Alt Thirty Six’s innovative payment technology and dedication to providing the cannabis industry with an alternative to cash,” says the private equity firm in a statement. “We are thrilled to lead this funding round. Alt Thirty Six brings a new, payments-focused element to our portfolio, adding tremendous value to the cannabis businesses.”
Alt Thirty Six will use the funding to further drive company expansion, advance the platform’s technical functions and abilities, expand proper licensing in target states across the U.S. while maintaining focus on compliance and regulation. Ultimately, the capital will be used to help Alt Thirty Six achieve mass consumer adoption throughout the cannabis industry.
Alt Thirty Six’s recent company announcements include a partnership with CannTrade, a leading provider of cannabis software technology, and the hiring of Chief Architect Jason Breidis, a payments expert whose work led to the acceptance of electronic payments at McDonald’s restaurants and is used to process billions of dollars in transactions.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.