Digital payment and compliance platform, Alt Thirty Six, that uses blockchain technology and Dash designed to help the cannabis industry go cashless, has received $10 million in Series A funding to help accelerate company growth and enhance development capabilities.
“We are committed to revolutionizing the cannabis space by increasing access to compliant digital payments, making transactions easier and faster for all cannabis businesses,” said Ken Ramirez, co-founder and CEO of Alt Thirty Six. “This new Series A funding round provides us access to the resources we need to help facilitate our vision for one of the fastest growing industries in the country.”
The round was led by an unnamed private equity firm to support Alt Thirty Six’s digital payment solution. The startup’s innovative platform eliminates the need for cash in the cannabis industry by using blockchain technology and Dash, a decentralized digital asset, to facilitate the transfer of funds at dispensaries and cannabis businesses.
“We fully support Alt Thirty Six’s innovative payment technology and dedication to providing the cannabis industry with an alternative to cash,” says the private equity firm in a statement. “We are thrilled to lead this funding round. Alt Thirty Six brings a new, payments-focused element to our portfolio, adding tremendous value to the cannabis businesses.”
Alt Thirty Six will use the funding to further drive company expansion, advance the platform’s technical functions and abilities, expand proper licensing in target states across the U.S. while maintaining focus on compliance and regulation. Ultimately, the capital will be used to help Alt Thirty Six achieve mass consumer adoption throughout the cannabis industry.
Alt Thirty Six’s recent company announcements include a partnership with CannTrade, a leading provider of cannabis software technology, and the hiring of Chief Architect Jason Breidis, a payments expert whose work led to the acceptance of electronic payments at McDonald’s restaurants and is used to process billions of dollars in transactions.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
Also published on Medium.