Following on the heels of the launch of security token trading platform Cezex earlier this year, the Philippines’ Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA) has awarded the Asia Digital Asset Exchange (ADAX) with an Offshore Virtual Currency Exchange (OVCE).
The OVCE will allow ADAX to offer and list assets, utility and virtual currency tokens. ADAX plans to operate both a security token issuance platform and a security trading exchange (secondary market) focusing on the digital asset-backed token class, offering opportunities for Asia-based investors to purchase and trade asset-backed tokens.
Being one of the first regulated security token issuance and exchange platforms in the world that has a government-backed license in hand, ADAX will join major players in addressing a big part of the growing interest in the digital security token marketplace.
ADAX will also open an asset-backed token offering platform for business clients that shall service projects looking to conduct a fully regulated asset token offering. According to ADAX representatives, talks with several projects seeking to tokenize real-world assets such as real estate, corporations, and other institutional assets are underway. ADAX is expected to begin issuing security tokens Q2 of 2019 while ADAX is expected to begin trading securities in Q3 2019.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.