Leading on-demand freelance platform Moonlighting announced today their first blockchain partnership with HireVibes, a blockchain jobs platform that incentivizes freelance, contract and permanent hiring via cryptocurrencies. HireVibes will be one of the first platforms to access Moonlighting’s base of 720,000 freelancer profiles.
“HireVibes shares the same vision we have for helping freelancers succeed in today’s ever-changing gig economy,” said Ritesh Johar, co-founder and Chief Technology Officer for Moonlighting. “We are excited to work with them to give our users the power, freedom and control to port their profiles using a best in class blockchain protocol, EOSIO.”
Moonlighting recently announced its partnership with Block.one and plans to transport freelancer profiles to the blockchain using the EOSIO protocol. In this new partnership, Moonlighting will give freelancers the choice to share their user profiles on the HireVibes platform so that they can be seen by more recruiters and employers. This partnership is the first of many Moonlighting will be bringing to market to save freelancers valuable time and money with a single sign-on solution.
“Over the past year, HireVibes has successfully built our token-based loyalty and rewards program using the EOSIO protocol,” commented Yohann Calpu, Head of Community for HireVibes. “We are excited to work with Moonlighting and showcase their user profiles on our platform to help them get more work and earn more money.”
Founded in 2014, Moonlighting has been helping freelancers and entrepreneurs start, build, and grow their own personal small businesses and can be found in over 150 news media sites including the Chicago Tribune, LA Times, Miami Herald, and USA TODAY.
“We are executing on our vision to be the oracle of work profiles so we can help freelancers engage any platform they choose,” added Johar. “With the EOSIO protocol powering our profile management system, we are tearing down antiquated, walled garden marketplaces and changing the way freelancers go to market.”
Moonlighting is the first mobile, on-demand solution empowering people to earn extra money and hire talented professionals quickly. Moonlighting creates a virtual marketplace for freelancers and small businesses to hire or be hired directly from mobile devices. With a blockchain supported platform, Moonlighting provides a full turnkey solution with a suite of tools to empower millions of independent workers worldwide. Moonlighting is a privately held, Charlottesville, VA-based company built from the ground up for the gig economy. For more information, please visit www.moonlighting.com
HireVibes is an open source jobs platform powered by peer to peer referrals, that will operate as a Decentralized Autonomous Community on the EOS.IO blockchain. This means the HireVibes app will be governed within the community by those holding HireVibes Tokens (HVT).
- OneFeather and BlocPal to Provide First Nations with Digital Financial Services - July 23, 2019
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
Also published on Medium.