Leading on-demand freelance platform Moonlighting announced today their first blockchain partnership with HireVibes, a blockchain jobs platform that incentivizes freelance, contract and permanent hiring via cryptocurrencies. HireVibes will be one of the first platforms to access Moonlighting’s base of 720,000 freelancer profiles.
“HireVibes shares the same vision we have for helping freelancers succeed in today’s ever-changing gig economy,” said Ritesh Johar, co-founder and Chief Technology Officer for Moonlighting. “We are excited to work with them to give our users the power, freedom and control to port their profiles using a best in class blockchain protocol, EOSIO.”
Moonlighting recently announced its partnership with Block.one and plans to transport freelancer profiles to the blockchain using the EOSIO protocol. In this new partnership, Moonlighting will give freelancers the choice to share their user profiles on the HireVibes platform so that they can be seen by more recruiters and employers. This partnership is the first of many Moonlighting will be bringing to market to save freelancers valuable time and money with a single sign-on solution.
“Over the past year, HireVibes has successfully built our token-based loyalty and rewards program using the EOSIO protocol,” commented Yohann Calpu, Head of Community for HireVibes. “We are excited to work with Moonlighting and showcase their user profiles on our platform to help them get more work and earn more money.”
Founded in 2014, Moonlighting has been helping freelancers and entrepreneurs start, build, and grow their own personal small businesses and can be found in over 150 news media sites including the Chicago Tribune, LA Times, Miami Herald, and USA TODAY.
“We are executing on our vision to be the oracle of work profiles so we can help freelancers engage any platform they choose,” added Johar. “With the EOSIO protocol powering our profile management system, we are tearing down antiquated, walled garden marketplaces and changing the way freelancers go to market.”
Moonlighting is the first mobile, on-demand solution empowering people to earn extra money and hire talented professionals quickly. Moonlighting creates a virtual marketplace for freelancers and small businesses to hire or be hired directly from mobile devices. With a blockchain supported platform, Moonlighting provides a full turnkey solution with a suite of tools to empower millions of independent workers worldwide. Moonlighting is a privately held, Charlottesville, VA-based company built from the ground up for the gig economy. For more information, please visit www.moonlighting.com
HireVibes is an open source jobs platform powered by peer to peer referrals, that will operate as a Decentralized Autonomous Community on the EOS.IO blockchain. This means the HireVibes app will be governed within the community by those holding HireVibes Tokens (HVT).
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
Also published on Medium.