The Litecoin Foundation has teamed up with Bibox Exchange and Ternio to release a special edition Litecoin BlockCard – which will give crypto holders the ability to spend cryptocurrency with the same ease as traditional credit cards. The soon to be released debit card will enable users to spend the value of their cryptocurrency either online or in physical store locations, anywhere in the world where major credit cards are accepted. This special edition card will leverage the existing BlockCard platform Ternio has released.
“This is an exciting partnership for us as it furthers the Litecoin Foundation’s mission to create more use cases for spending Litecoin in everyday life,” said Charlie Lee, creator of Litecoin and Managing Director of the Litecoin Foundation. “Leveraging Ternio’s BlockCard platform with Bibox’s exchange engine gives Litecoin holders unparalleled access to use their LTC at merchants around the world.”
“Bibox has always positioned ourselves as being on the forefront of crypto adoption,” said Aries Wang, Co-Founder of Bibox. “By partnering with the Litecoin Foundation and Ternio we are able to leverage Bibox’s robust exchange platform to help bring consumers more options to spend cryptocurrency with unprecedented ease”.
Bibox Exchange will act as the custodian of users funds and leverage its $200+ million worth of crypto trading volume to help route the deposits and spending for users. The special edition debit card will first be released to United States residences and soon after for Non-US customers. Bibox Exchange and the Litecoin Foundation will integrate the debit card directly into the Bibox Exchange and LoafWallet – the official Litecoin wallet. Users will be able to access their cards directly within these ecosystems, giving them instant access to spend.
In the coming weeks, the Litecoin Foundation and Bibox Exchange will notify its US-based users on how to register for access to their card. Download LoafWallet today for iOS or Android today to receive updates for when registration goes live.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.