Binance Charity Foundation (BCF), the blockchain-enabled charity platform and official philanthropic arm of the global cryptocurrency exchange Binance, today announced the first strategic alliance of 47 companies and organizations as founding partners to introduce ‘Pink Care Token’ (PCAT). In the frame of the period poverty campaign, the alliance aims to empower 1 million women in developing countries to improve feminine health and wellbeing. The first delivery of Pink Care Token and sanitary pads is scheduled for mid-July in Uganda, graced by the minister-level politicians from Ugandan Government.
“Pink Care Token is the first social-impact stablecoin issued on Binance Chain. A part of our mission is to promote the adoption of cryptocurrencies, and I think charity is one of the most effective ways to demonstrate their value and make them available to the people in need,” said Changpeng Zhao (CZ) – CEO and Co-founder Binance.
The ‘Pink Care Token’ is a redemption-only token issued on Binance Chain that is pegged to one year’s supply of sanitary pads instead of a fiat currency. By introducing this innovative value-stable token, the alliance members hope to bring the original value of money to the crypto space. and the token will alleviate period poverty with 100% transparency, zero corruption, and minimal transaction costs.
“By forming the first alliance between cryptocurrency and traditional industry, we aim to deploy the alliance’s strength to shape a brighter future for all human beings, especially the bottom billions,” said Helen Hai – Head of Binance Charity Foundation. “After all, it all comes down to human and values. We hope the Pink Care Token Alliance will combine technology with the best parts of human nature – creativity, empathy, and stewardship, which lift humanity into a shared sense of dignity”.
The initiative reinforces Binance Charity’s existing work in Uganda where it started the “Binance for Children” initiative to help school kids get access to food via our Lunch for Children programme, as well as scholastic materials, and electricity from our solar charity initiative. Our colleagues have been working on the ground since February to structure this new initiative identified the pressing needs among the girls. Many young women in Uganda cannot afford sanitary pads, but use cassava leaves during their periods, leading to infections, general uncleanliness, and many other serious issues related to their life.
“For women living in cities, life seemed less tough; using sanitary pads during their period is a routine that most girls take for granted. However, for many African girls, there is still a major stigma that attached to their period and using sanitary pads is seen as a luxury. Let’s make period poverty become a thing of the thanks to Pink Care Token”, “said Heyi – Co founder and CMO of Binance.
While many foundations, NGOs and corporations have worked on this social problem over the years, there is tremendous inefficiency and lack of transparency in traditional ways of charitable giving that causes loss of trust and high intermediary costs. Blockchain-based philanthropy can therefore offer a new perspective and effective solutions to these issues.
Binance Charity Foundation and the members of this strategic alliance, will sponsor feminine hygiene products in form of PCAT for young women in the developing world who are not able to afford it. Binance Uganda Exchange will provide the redemption service for the Pink Care Token, and people can redeem the token for the local currency.
Justin Sun, Founder of Tron also expresses his wishes regarding this initiative:
“There are many ways that cryptocurrency will make the world a better place. Being able to help those in need using cryptocurrency could accentuate the importance of it, and I would like to thank Binance Charity for giving us the chance to be a part of it, Let’s make the world a better place.”
“I am thrilled to be part of this initiative. As a financial services provider devoted to enabling the free flow of cryptocurrencies across the world, Babel Finance firmly believes that cryptocurrency will make the world a better place. Pink Care Token is unique in that it demonstrates the advantages of blockchain technology while improving the living conditions of women. We hope this kind of innovative charitable giving can spread globally and benefit billions of people,” said Flex Yang, Founder and CEO of Babel Finance.
How can you be a part of the Pink Care Token Initiative?
So far, there have been 47 entities and companies from the crypto sector and mainstream industry have joined this alliance. We call for more partners to join this alliance to end period poverty and to support a million young women getting access to period products, to build up an ecosystem liberating value transfer, and to empower the bottom billions with the help of cryptocurrency.
Please donate your part at:
For alliance inquiries, please contact: [email protected]
47 Pink Care Token Alliance Members:
Binance, TRON, BabelFinance, Ripple, Alice, Arrington XRP Capital, Bloq, AELF, EMURGO, Blockseed Ventures, Contentos, Mithril, Machi X, Primitive Ventures, Earth Protocol, Paxful, IoTeX, Sora Ventures, Tally Capital, Pundi X, Matic Network, Harmony, BLOC Platform, Quantstamp, Celer, StormX, GXChain, Orichal, Enjin, QuarkChain, Ultrain, Zcoin, IOST, CryptoSavannah, Period.org, Fetch.AI, KIZUNA, CertiK, V Systems, AID:Tech, Fintech4Good, Nebulas, VeChain, 8 Decimal Capital, DENT, Blockshine Technology, Binance Charity.
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen - February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 - February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
Also published on Medium.