nWay, multiplatform developers of hit action games such as Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars and ChronoBlade, today announced a major new addition to their eagerly anticipated nWayPlay game development platform. In addition to enabling the fast and easy development and scalability of crossplay, real-time multiplayer games, nWayPlay will now offer a new frictionless prizing solution that uses blockchain technology to unlock new monetization models for developers of competitive online multiplayer games.
“Our goal is to create a game development platform that not only takes care of traditional backend needs but also provide a platform to easily adopt blockchain-based technologies to their games to make their games be more aligned with what competitive gamers want,” said Taehoon Kim, co-founder and CEO of nWay.
The new blockchain integration is comprised of three components:
nWayPlay Tokens (NPTs) and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs): nWayPlay will support NPTs as a new blockchain-based currency for nWayPlay games. Players will be able to earn NPTs in-game, as well as buy and sell with other players. nWayPlay will also enable developers to easily create NFTs as prizes for their games. These NFTs are in-game items and characters that are unique, discrete and verifiable through blockchain technology and can be bought and sold outside the game.
The nWayPlay Wallet: All nWayPlay accounts will come with a blockchain-supported wallet. This wallet will hold NPTs and NFTs that players have gathered from all nWayPlay games. Players will also be able to use the wallet to transact outside the game. Currently, most wallet systems in the market have a lot of friction. nWay is working on innovations to reduce friction and make wallets more user-friendly.
nWayPlay Marketplace: nWayPlay will support a single marketplace for nWayPlay games. The marketplace will allow players to sell and buy NPTs and NFTs from various games on nWayPlay and where players can invest on buying certain items or liquidate winnings from a tournament played on one of the nWayPlay games.
The new features solve two major challenges faced by developers of competitive online games: monetization and prizing. As competitive games must be fair, competitive gamers are particularly sensitive to the traditional pay-to-win revenue model. Blockchain technology can reshape the way competitive games are monetized. , For instance, instead of publishers only transacting with the players, nWayPlay gives developers the tools to easily create a token system and marketplace where prizes can be bought and sold, allowing players to transact directly with each other in a peer-to-peer manner and unlocking new ways for developers to monetize free-to-play games. Moreover, competitive gamers are drawn to games with in-game tournaments that payout, but fulfilling prizes on a global basis is loaded with friction and is difficult to scale. By adding a token system and NFTs, nWayPlay makes it much easier for developers to develop and service in-game tournament features that are frictionless for players to receive prizing.
“We believe this will allow games developed on nWayPlay platform to run game economies in a far more flexible way, where value can flow many ways instead of the only player-to-publisher as it has been in the past,” Kim continued. “We think it fits extremely well with the competitive gaming ecosystem, and incentives are well aligned. Players will want to invest more time and money to become good at the games that are on nWayPlay, which in turn will help nWayPlay developers to become successful.”
nWayPlay is the recently announced backend technology platform that allows game developers to easily create crossplay, real-time multiplayer games. The platform gives development teams a firm foundation on which to build their game backend and delivers everything developers need to launch a stable, scalable backend stack with support for real-time multiplayer and live data. nWayPlay’s features set, which will continuously be updated and improved, can be fully customized to match a developer’s game.
nWayPlay will launch towards the end of this year and is currently accepting alpha partners. More information on nWayPlay can be found at http://nway.com.
nWay is a San Francisco based developer, publisher & tech platform for competitive multiplayer games across mobile, PC, and consoles. nWay’s proprietary backend tech platform nWayPlay enables fast development, prototyping, and operations of cross-play, real-time multiplayer games. The company has a strong track record of developing AAA quality games on mobile and on a console such as recently launched Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, and ChronoBlade. nWay is comprised of leading developers and senior executives from Sony, Electronic Arts, WB Games, LucasArts, Kabam, Nexon and NCSoft. Collectively, the team has contributed to over a dozen hit the mobile, console, and online games, including Marvel Contest of Champions, Injustice, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Dominations, FIFA, Battlefield Online, Lineage II, and Warhammer.
For more information about nWay and nWayPlay visit http://nway.com.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.