VeganNation, has closed on a $10 Million funding round from private investors and is ready for the global debut of the VeganNation platform on webapp, iOS, and Android. VeganNation is the first ecosystem of vegan activists working together to make a positive impact on the environment. The platform uses Blockchain technology to ensure a transparent supply chain and provide a designated coin to serve the community members in all their transactions using the VeganNation digital wallet.
“This is a major milestone in uniting all environmentally conscious consumers worldwide into a nation founded on sustainable development, generosity, and kindness towards all living beings,” said Isaac Thomas, CEO and Co-Founder of VeganNation. “And, undoubtedly, another huge step toward successfully establishing the year of the vegan.”
According to an article in Haaretz, Thomas is a former Haredi real estate developer, one of 10 siblings in a Jerusalem family. He immigrated to the United States and later returned to Israel. His three partners in VeganNation are Yossi Raybi, Netanel Giat and Shneor Shapira, who have a background in real estate, restaurants and high-tech.
“The four say they have lined up a long list of vegan and other relevant partner organizations for their undertaking and have agreed to use VeganCoin in transactions. They include People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society as well as vegan societies in Germany, Britain, Brazil, Spain and South Africa.”
This announcement follows the recent news of celebrity vegan activists Game of Thrones’ Jerome Flynn and Step Up dancer Jenna Dewan joining VeganNation’s advisory board, as well as the news of VeganNation’s partnerships with four Brazilian football teams: Remo, Paysandu, National and Iranduba, to work together on environmental projects to protect the Amazon rainforest.
The web and mobile marketplace include several components:
- Social Content Sharing: A one-stop-shop to find the latest vegan news, accumulated from user-generated content, including articles, blog posts, recipes and restaurant recommendations.
- Meal Sharing: Members are able to host vegan meals at home for other members, search and find vegan restaurants, and meet up with fellow vegans wherever they are in the world. They will also be able to cook meals for delivery purposes, utilizing existing food delivery services.
- E-commerce: A vegan and environmentally sustainable online marketplace for products and services that facilitates transactions using its transparent, safe, and blockchain-based VeganCoin currency.
Here’s a quick rundown on the VeganCoin project.
- Total Tokens Planned: 1 billion
- Underlying Blockchain: Ethereum
- Soft/Hard Caps: $10m/$60m
- Token Symbol: VCN (but should totally be VGN!)
- Website: www.vegannation.io
- Telegram: t.me/vegannation
- Twitter: @Vegan_Coin
- Whitepaper: VeganNation Greenpaper
2019 was declared the year of the vegan with meat-free burgers taking over mainstream attention, and more and more people embracing vegan diets. With the consistent growth of the vegan community over the past years, VeganNation provides a one-stop-shop that supports a fully vegan lifestyle. VeganNation is the first-ever full vegan economy equipped with its own traceable digital currency and a social marketplace which includes vegan products and food sharing marketplace.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.