Miller Lite has partnered with brand innovation company Vatom Labs, who specialise in “SmartMedia objects” that utilize Blockchain, to dole out $50,000 for Miller’s Know Your Beer program. Vatom has created a mobile “edutainment” game. What is unique about this experience is how it is leveraging NFTs (non-fungible tokens called SmartMedia Objects) to provide a robust experience including a game, social badges, rewards for virality, and ultimately to ensure that the $5 rebate coin the user receives upon winning the game cannot be counterfeited.
“We’ve been looking for new and innovative ways to reach drinkers in the bar, on-premise,” says Lucy Bloxam, associate marketing manager for Miller Lite. “Great Taste Trivia allows Miller Lite to extend the success of Know Your Beer into the digital space. It’s new, it’s different, its engaging and it’s positioned to gamify drinkers’ time on-premise, helping make Miller Lite top of mind for the rest of the night.”
Miller Lite’s Great Taste Trivia is a 12-question trivia game served to the mobile phones of legal-age drinkers in more than 230,000 bars and restaurants across the country. If a player answers all 12 questions correctly, their prize is $5 instantly transmitted via Paypal compliments of Miller Lite!
“Today, brands are looking for innovative and new ways to activate and engage their existing customers and acquire new customers,” said Tyler Moebius, Co-founder and CEO of Vatom Labs. “We have built a powerful brand activation platform that leverages a new blockchain-enabled SmartMedia object that is highly-programmable and able to deliver real tangible value from the brand to the consumer– like $5 to their PayPal account—that remains a simple mobile experience. Users see a fun, engaging game where they can kill-time, share the experience with friends, earn more ways to play and win a $5 instant prize.”
Simple and fun for users, but since the game needs to authenticate and immediately reward its players, Vatom Labs utilized its proprietary creative platform that leverages the blockchain to bring this new type of customer engagement to life. By using SmartMedia objects, Vatom Labs is able to track activations, engagements and attribute the reward based on those outcomes and to the channel where the user was originally acquired.
Launched on July 2nd and continuing through September, the program has been met with great reception and to-date a little over half of the prizes have been won.
The trivia game has appeared in social media channels, select apps and browsers via a geotargeted media buy that will serve the game to users identified inside bars and restaurants. Others can grab the game via QR codes on posters and other point-of-sale materials inside bars and restaurants.
“We believe providing brands with the ability to create engaging and immersive digital promotions and activation experiences that are backed by the blockchain is the next major upgrade required to usher in the new era of brand innovation.”
For more information on Vatom Labs, visit www.vatomlabs.com.
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019