Backed by Accel, Benchmark, and other leading names in venture capital, blockchain analysis company Chainalysis is launching a new alert system for suspicious cryptocurrency transactions. Chainalysis Know Your Transaction (KYT), is a real-time anti-money laundering (AML) compliance solution for monitoring cryptocurrency transactions and it’s the first compliance alerts solution available across 15 cryptocurrencies.
“As lawmakers and regulators focus their attention on the industry, it is more critical than ever that cryptocurrency businesses demonstrate compliance best practices,” said John Dempsey, VP Product, Chainalysis. “Every minute counts when managing exposure to sanctioned entities, hacked funds, darknet markets, and other illicit activities, which is why Chainalysis is investing in fast, actionable alerts to help our customers mitigate risk across cryptocurrencies.”
Chainalysis KYT alerts are designed to help cryptocurrency businesses and financial institutions mitigate exposure to regulatory and reputational risk by helping compliance teams focus on the most urgent activity and enforce compliance policies while better allocating resources.
“As a New York Trust company we are required to monitor transactions on and off our platform,” said Michael Breu, Gemini’s Chief Compliance Officer. “Tools like KYT alerts, which provide real-time and ongoing blockchain analysis, coupled with Gemini’s own compliance policies, help us meet our regulatory obligations.”
Chainalysis KYT has always provided real-time transaction monitoring for large volumes of cryptocurrency activity to identify high-risk behaviour, and now alerts are generated whenever a transfer involves a risky counterparty and crosses a value threshold. Alert levels include Severe, High, Medium, and Low, and are based on factors such as category, service, direct versus indirect exposure, the direction of funds, and amount. Alerts are available for all 15 cryptocurrencies supported by Chainalysis, including Bitcoin, Ether, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and top stablecoins and ERC-20 tokens such as Tether, Maker, and Dai, with additional cryptocurrencies coming soon.
With alerts functionality built directly into the user interface and API, cryptocurrency businesses and financial institutions can keep track of, investigate, or take action on risky transfers. Additionally, customers can customize risk parameters based on their own business policies to help allocate resources accordingly.
Chainalysis provides data and analysis to government agencies, exchanges, and financial institutions across 40 countries. Their investigation and compliance tools, education, and support create transparency across blockchains so customers can engage confidently with cryptocurrency. , Chainalysis builds trust in blockchains. For more information, visit www.chainalysis.com.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.