Backed by Accel, Benchmark, and other leading names in venture capital, blockchain analysis company Chainalysis is launching a new alert system for suspicious cryptocurrency transactions. Chainalysis Know Your Transaction (KYT), is a real-time anti-money laundering (AML) compliance solution for monitoring cryptocurrency transactions and it’s the first compliance alerts solution available across 15 cryptocurrencies.
“As lawmakers and regulators focus their attention on the industry, it is more critical than ever that cryptocurrency businesses demonstrate compliance best practices,” said John Dempsey, VP Product, Chainalysis. “Every minute counts when managing exposure to sanctioned entities, hacked funds, darknet markets, and other illicit activities, which is why Chainalysis is investing in fast, actionable alerts to help our customers mitigate risk across cryptocurrencies.”
Chainalysis KYT alerts are designed to help cryptocurrency businesses and financial institutions mitigate exposure to regulatory and reputational risk by helping compliance teams focus on the most urgent activity and enforce compliance policies while better allocating resources.
“As a New York Trust company we are required to monitor transactions on and off our platform,” said Michael Breu, Gemini’s Chief Compliance Officer. “Tools like KYT alerts, which provide real-time and ongoing blockchain analysis, coupled with Gemini’s own compliance policies, help us meet our regulatory obligations.”
Chainalysis KYT has always provided real-time transaction monitoring for large volumes of cryptocurrency activity to identify high-risk behaviour, and now alerts are generated whenever a transfer involves a risky counterparty and crosses a value threshold. Alert levels include Severe, High, Medium, and Low, and are based on factors such as category, service, direct versus indirect exposure, the direction of funds, and amount. Alerts are available for all 15 cryptocurrencies supported by Chainalysis, including Bitcoin, Ether, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and top stablecoins and ERC-20 tokens such as Tether, Maker, and Dai, with additional cryptocurrencies coming soon.
With alerts functionality built directly into the user interface and API, cryptocurrency businesses and financial institutions can keep track of, investigate, or take action on risky transfers. Additionally, customers can customize risk parameters based on their own business policies to help allocate resources accordingly.
Chainalysis provides data and analysis to government agencies, exchanges, and financial institutions across 40 countries. Their investigation and compliance tools, education, and support create transparency across blockchains so customers can engage confidently with cryptocurrency. , Chainalysis builds trust in blockchains. For more information, visit www.chainalysis.com.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.