Backed by Accel, Benchmark, and other leading names in venture capital, blockchain analysis company Chainalysis is launching a new alert system for suspicious cryptocurrency transactions. Chainalysis Know Your Transaction (KYT), is a real-time anti-money laundering (AML) compliance solution for monitoring cryptocurrency transactions and it’s the first compliance alerts solution available across 15 cryptocurrencies.
“As lawmakers and regulators focus their attention on the industry, it is more critical than ever that cryptocurrency businesses demonstrate compliance best practices,” said John Dempsey, VP Product, Chainalysis. “Every minute counts when managing exposure to sanctioned entities, hacked funds, darknet markets, and other illicit activities, which is why Chainalysis is investing in fast, actionable alerts to help our customers mitigate risk across cryptocurrencies.”
Chainalysis KYT alerts are designed to help cryptocurrency businesses and financial institutions mitigate exposure to regulatory and reputational risk by helping compliance teams focus on the most urgent activity and enforce compliance policies while better allocating resources.
“As a New York Trust company we are required to monitor transactions on and off our platform,” said Michael Breu, Gemini’s Chief Compliance Officer. “Tools like KYT alerts, which provide real-time and ongoing blockchain analysis, coupled with Gemini’s own compliance policies, help us meet our regulatory obligations.”
Chainalysis KYT has always provided real-time transaction monitoring for large volumes of cryptocurrency activity to identify high-risk behaviour, and now alerts are generated whenever a transfer involves a risky counterparty and crosses a value threshold. Alert levels include Severe, High, Medium, and Low, and are based on factors such as category, service, direct versus indirect exposure, the direction of funds, and amount. Alerts are available for all 15 cryptocurrencies supported by Chainalysis, including Bitcoin, Ether, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and top stablecoins and ERC-20 tokens such as Tether, Maker, and Dai, with additional cryptocurrencies coming soon.
With alerts functionality built directly into the user interface and API, cryptocurrency businesses and financial institutions can keep track of, investigate, or take action on risky transfers. Additionally, customers can customize risk parameters based on their own business policies to help allocate resources accordingly.
Chainalysis provides data and analysis to government agencies, exchanges, and financial institutions across 40 countries. Their investigation and compliance tools, education, and support create transparency across blockchains so customers can engage confidently with cryptocurrency. , Chainalysis builds trust in blockchains. For more information, visit www.chainalysis.com.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
Also published on Medium.