In an industry where the average investor is chained by shackling exchange transaction fees, cryptocurrency exchange HitBTC has taken measures to increase the financial freedom of its users, from the bottom up. Here is a breakdown of how the new system will operate:
By expanding the lower tiers and consolidating, HitBTC has freed up movement for everyday clientele while keeping in place the maker-heavy incentives for the larger architects of market liquidity. For upgraded accounts, HitBTC utilizes a trading fee tier system, rewarding community members for high volume trading. The fees for the rest accounts are fixed at 0,1% Maker Fee and 0,2% Taker Fee.
“Maximizing liquidity and narrowing the spread on cryptocurrency markets, HitBTC employs what is called a “maker-taker” fee tier system. Maker-taker systems are fairly common in the industry and are used to reward users that create liquidity. When a user places a buy or sell order that is outside of the existing range on the order books, they are in effect making liquidity. By doing this they are paving the road for further asset movement on the exchange, whereas, if a user completes an order that already exists on the books, they are in effect taking liquidity off the board,” stated one of the team.
As part of a revamp of its trading fee tier system, the high octane cryptocurrency exchange has radically cut its user fees to market-leading lows and repositioned itself as one of the most advantageous places to trade in the cryptosphere.
With the new fee adjustment, HitBTC has enhanced the benefits all users stand to get from the tier system. At the lowest level alone — a 30-day trading activity that cumulatively adds up to a figure less than 10BTC — fees have been slashed from 0.1% for makers and 0.2% for takers to a flat 0.07% for both takers and makers.
Since its founding in 2013, HitBTC has grown into one of the most active and established markets in crypto trading, with a reputation boosted by its history of uncompromised security. Noted as the largest spot trading market in the industry, with over 800 spot instruments and 400 assets available, HitBTC has been able to carve out a place for itself among today’s exchange titans. With the best liquidity on the market and upwards of $800 million in daily transactions, the exchange draws from a massive user pool which stands to directly benefit from the new fee adjustment.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.