Charlie Shrem backed Particl has successfully developed a fully decentralized, private marketplace on the blockchain and has officially announced the availability of several product categories in the marketplace, including consumer electronics, sporting equipment (e.g., golf balls, backpacks), beauty products and much more. Expert advisor Miguel Cuneta, instrumental in building the crypto revolution in the Philippines, has also joined as an advisor.
Speaking about Particl’s advisors’ involvement in advising the Particl project, Paul Schmitzer, Particl Project Marketing & Strategy said:
“Having key advisors such as Charlie and Miguel has added real value to the Particl project, lending their vast experience and knowledge of the Bitcoin startup space to understand the target audience and assess the viability of a privacy-focused cryptocurrency shopping application.”
On Monday, August 12, 2019, the Particl marketplace was officially launched to the world. This brand-new decentralized ecosystem of merchants and buyers is centred around a native privacy-focused coin that allows people to transact in total anonymity. With the continued support and guidance of key advisors and an enthusiastic community, Particl is working on a couple of features that will enable more larger-scale vendors to join the platform and help continue to grow the number of buyers browsing for goods and services.
Particl enables merchants to create their own stores quickly and efficiently by generating market keys and sharing them with consumers. These user marketplaces are not governed by Particl, meaning that the marketplace is verifiably 100% decentralized. In turn, merchants accept full responsibility for the items they post for sale in their user marketplaces, bearing the full brunt of the law should they opt to sell illegal items.
The PART token utilizes various features that ensure complete and undeniable privacy, including RingCT and Bulletproofs. Due to the fact that the Particl marketplace doesn’t gather user data, there is no information that can ever be stolen from the network. As we’ve seen in the past, major e-commerce platforms such as Amazon and eBay are a target for hackers, thanks to the large volume of data generated and collected by these platforms.
Since its launch on August 12, merchants have been able to slash the prices of their goods and services compared to their listings on eBay and Amazon.
For instance, a customized set of 12 Titleist Pro V1 golf balls will only cost you 23.9 PART ($48.20), whereas for a customized set of the same spec balls will set you back $71.02 on eBay. Similarly, an Original Chanel perfume is only 64 PART ($129.28), whereas on Amazon.com the same bottle will cost you a rather hefty $227.90. These significant savings are thanks to the ultra-low fees that are charged to merchants on the Particl marketplace. The fee structure allows merchants to offer the same products and services at a significant discount when compared to Amazon and eBay as they’re not charged up to 45% on sales.
As new features go from concept to roadmap items, Charlie Shrem and the other key advisors will continue to have a big influence on the development of the Particl marketplace.
Particl is a privacy-focused ecosystem based on P2P/blockchain technologies. It is composed of:
- a privacy coin capable of untraceable/unlinkable transactions,
- a private, decentralized online marketplace where anyone can buy and sell goods and services for cryptocurrencies without leaving a trace, and
- a platform on which various applications can be integrated and interacted with.
Particl uses a double deposit escrow system based on the MAD game-theory. Each party adds collateral (PART coins) into a smart-contract which is released back to both users, without any fee, once they both agree the transaction is complete. This is scalable, requires no staff and ensures a mutually satisfying transaction.
- Website: https://particl.io/
- About Particl: https://particl.wiki/platform
- Telegram: https://t.me/particlproject
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/
- GitHub: https://github.com/particl/
Shrem, an American entrepreneur and Bitcoin advocate, is a founding member of the Bitcoin Association and is currently formally serving as vice-chairman.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
Also published on Medium.