After a year and a half of hard work and hype, the VideoCoin Network project has debuted its blockchain-powered video infrastructure platform – the VideoCoin Network. The network is for distributing, encoding, and storing video content, and going into the video processing and delivery arena.
For the first time, users can now live stream video content on the VideoCoin Network enabled by the VID Token, which is now available on the KuCoin and Beaxy cryptocurrency exchanges. Content providers can start streaming today at the Videocoin Network.
“We built the VideoCoin Network from the ground up as a next-generation solution to allow anyone to stream video using our blockchain-powered video infrastructure platform,” said Devadutta Ghat, CTO at Live Planet – strategic services and technology provider to the VideoCoin project – and Principal Architect at VideoCoin Network. “I’m thrilled to officially unveil the VideoCoin Network today, marking a major milestone on our journey to revolutionizing the multi-billion dollar video streaming market.”
This release consists of several important components including:
- The VideoCoin Publisher Studio
- The open-source release of the VideoCoin protocol on GitHub
- The VideoCoin protocol ledger
- A scalable interface to the VideoCoin blockchain
- Stream Explorer
- An Ethereum-VideoCoin Bridge
The VideoCoin Network is one of the first blockchain projects to integrate a third party fiat payment processor, underpinned by a consortium of banks. The model is optimized to enhance the utility of the VID as a reputational staking token that powers the network and ensures the most qualified network operators are serving customer needs. In order to put VideoCoin contributors in an advantageous position and ensure tokenomics optimize the mechanism and the reward for stakers, the team burnt 66 percent of its total token supply. The unprecedented move allows VideoCoin to focus on the staking component of the network, where miners are paid in fiat for performing work and the balance of the functions will be driven by the remaining tokens.
“We are thrilled for the launch of the VideoCoin Network, but more importantly, we’re excited for the future,” said Halsey Minor, CEO of Live Planet. “Video is fundamental to the human experience. It’s the way we connect, the way we learn, the way we express, the way we grow. As such we believe this experience should be in the hands of everyone, and not in the control of a few. Decentralization of video infrastructure through the VideoCoin Network is how this will happen.”
This news comes on the heels of the debut of the Blockchain Virtual Reality (VR) Network (BVRN), a VR network built specifically for the blockchain industry. The Network will feature in-depth and engaging VR programming from top blockchain industry influencers including Bad Crypto Podcast, Crypto Trader, Boxmining, BLOCKTV and CoinCentral.com boasting a combined global audience of half a million blockchain enthusiasts, all shot with the Live Planet VR System. This first customer use case of the VideoCoin Network is harnessing the power of blockchain to make 4K stereoscopic 3D video cloud processing more efficient, less expensive, and more secure.
Developers interested in incorporating live or on-demand video into their projects can visit https://studio.videocoin.network.
The VideoCoin Network is a decentralized video infrastructure platform redefining the process for creating, storing, and distributing digital video content. Developed by the VideoCoin Development Association Ltd. to run on a new blockchain with a native protocol token, the VideoCoin (VID). Powered by a large-scale, distributed video infrastructure, the VideoCoin Network will usher in “the new cloud,” by marshalling underutilized computing resources from around the world to revolutionize video services with blockchain technology. The VideoCoin Network ecosystem will lower costs by deploying unused compute resources and peer-to-peer video distribution, enabling a new generation of applications via open APIs and open source-based development, with increased privacy using decentralized, end-to-end encryption.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
Also published on Medium.