Non-profit research institution focusing on blockchain technology Wanxiang Blockchain, and PlatON, the pioneering global privacy-preserving computing network announced the launch of an open-source consortium blockchain infrastructure, PlatONE.
Yu Cheng, General Manager for Digital Insurance Innovation at Minsheng Life Insurance said:
“For years, Minsheng Life Insurance has invested in blockchain and big data solutions in the hopes of bringing greater digitalisation to the insurance sector. With PlatONE, we have been able to see the benefits to be reaped from blockchain, especially when coupled with privacy-preserving technologies. Now having seen the limitations of legacy centralised insurance solutions, we look forward to continuing our collaboration with PlatONE in order to enable progressive digital solutions for the insurance industry.”
PlatONE addresses the existing inadequacies in today’s blockchain infrastructures and provides greater security, scalability, and privacy for data sensitive industries looking to gain the benefits of blockchain. With its emphasis on privacy-preserving computing and efficient, optimised consensus, PlatONE is a next-generation infrastructure designed with the needs of enterprises in mind.
PlatONE includes several user-friendly features such as one-click contract data migration and a contract naming service (CNS). Along with with easy-to-use toolchains and components, as well as optimised user-permission models, the open-source infrastructure can be tailored to a variety of use cases and application scenarios. In order to ensure that the network is compliant with local data privacy requirements, PlatON leverages a host of cryptographic algorithms and privacy-preserving computing. PlatONE provides a mature ecosystem for blockchain application and development, allowing developers to easily migrate and create technology stacks for the wider consortium ecosystem.
Ada Xiao, Chief Strategy Officer of PlatON said:
“From the Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project to R3’s Corda, the ongoing rise of consortium blockchain solutions has provided a viable starting point for enterprises looking to experiment with distributed ledger technology. These platforms have allowed companies to significantly improve their business processes and internal operations within a secure, efficient environment. PlatONE looks to take this a step further, allowing companies to leverage both a decentralised network structure but also access easy-to-use toolsets that will allow them to implement, operate, and maintain blockchain-based solutions throughout the entire lifecycle of their businesses.”
PlatONE has also onboarded Minsheng Life Insurance, as one of its partners. Minsheng is known as one of China’s largest insurance companies with over 40,000 employees and 25 provincial-level subsidiary companies across the country. By leveraging on PlatONE’s infrastructure, Minsheng has developed a suite of decentralised applications, including an internal digital insurance record-keeping system, as well as an unspent transaction output (UTXO) model. Minsheng has also established four collaborative nodes based on PlatONE and has deployed rigorous data security measures with PlatONE’s privacy-preserving technologies.
To date, PlatONE has successfully executed proofs-of-concept (POCs) across application scenarios ranging from supply chain finance, anti-counterfeiting and traceability, points management, equity registration, logistics, and asset management for charitable trusts. Most notably, a supply chain financial platform built on PlatONE has successfully attained 56 participating companies from the technology and banking sector, with financing estimated in the tens of millions.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
Also published on Medium.