Non-profit research institution focusing on blockchain technology Wanxiang Blockchain, and PlatON, the pioneering global privacy-preserving computing network announced the launch of an open-source consortium blockchain infrastructure, PlatONE.
Yu Cheng, General Manager for Digital Insurance Innovation at Minsheng Life Insurance said:
“For years, Minsheng Life Insurance has invested in blockchain and big data solutions in the hopes of bringing greater digitalisation to the insurance sector. With PlatONE, we have been able to see the benefits to be reaped from blockchain, especially when coupled with privacy-preserving technologies. Now having seen the limitations of legacy centralised insurance solutions, we look forward to continuing our collaboration with PlatONE in order to enable progressive digital solutions for the insurance industry.”
PlatONE addresses the existing inadequacies in today’s blockchain infrastructures and provides greater security, scalability, and privacy for data sensitive industries looking to gain the benefits of blockchain. With its emphasis on privacy-preserving computing and efficient, optimised consensus, PlatONE is a next-generation infrastructure designed with the needs of enterprises in mind.
PlatONE includes several user-friendly features such as one-click contract data migration and a contract naming service (CNS). Along with with easy-to-use toolchains and components, as well as optimised user-permission models, the open-source infrastructure can be tailored to a variety of use cases and application scenarios. In order to ensure that the network is compliant with local data privacy requirements, PlatON leverages a host of cryptographic algorithms and privacy-preserving computing. PlatONE provides a mature ecosystem for blockchain application and development, allowing developers to easily migrate and create technology stacks for the wider consortium ecosystem.
Ada Xiao, Chief Strategy Officer of PlatON said:
“From the Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project to R3’s Corda, the ongoing rise of consortium blockchain solutions has provided a viable starting point for enterprises looking to experiment with distributed ledger technology. These platforms have allowed companies to significantly improve their business processes and internal operations within a secure, efficient environment. PlatONE looks to take this a step further, allowing companies to leverage both a decentralised network structure but also access easy-to-use toolsets that will allow them to implement, operate, and maintain blockchain-based solutions throughout the entire lifecycle of their businesses.”
PlatONE has also onboarded Minsheng Life Insurance, as one of its partners. Minsheng is known as one of China’s largest insurance companies with over 40,000 employees and 25 provincial-level subsidiary companies across the country. By leveraging on PlatONE’s infrastructure, Minsheng has developed a suite of decentralised applications, including an internal digital insurance record-keeping system, as well as an unspent transaction output (UTXO) model. Minsheng has also established four collaborative nodes based on PlatONE and has deployed rigorous data security measures with PlatONE’s privacy-preserving technologies.
To date, PlatONE has successfully executed proofs-of-concept (POCs) across application scenarios ranging from supply chain finance, anti-counterfeiting and traceability, points management, equity registration, logistics, and asset management for charitable trusts. Most notably, a supply chain financial platform built on PlatONE has successfully attained 56 participating companies from the technology and banking sector, with financing estimated in the tens of millions.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.