Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey recently participated in a $10 million raise from ICO platform CoinList.
In a statement to the Wall Street Journal on October 30, 2019, Dorsey stated that CoinList presents an honest solution for coin launches:
“Crypto needs a trustworthy platform for launching new projects. CoinList leads the industry in that role, and trading is a logical next step.”
The news comes at a testing time for fundraising in the cryptocurrency industry, which has been fledgling since the ICO crash of 2018.
Heavier regulatory controls globally – partially fueled by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission‘s reticence for the emerging ecosystem which has pushed regulators around the world to follow in their footsteps – and has helped create a ‘crypto winter’ over the past year and a half.
The SEC recently halted Russian company Telegram’s TON sale with an emergency restraining order. Telegram was started in 2013 by the brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov, the creators of VK, the largest social network of Russia. Telegram is registered as both an English LLP and an American LLC.
The SEC stated in a document that Telegram failed to register a securities issuance and was “…committed to flooding the U.S. capital markets with billions of Grams by October 31, 2019”.
Unlike in some other SEC enforcement actions that targeted crypto startups, an action against American-led Block.one, who capitalized on the hype in cryptocurrencies when it sold 900 million tokens in 2017 and 2018, raking in billions of dollars, the SEC didn’t accuse the company of fraud. Instead, the deal only said Block.one failed to register the sale with the SEC and provide U.S. investors with required disclosures and slapped them on the wrist with a mere $24 million fine.
Major projects such as Algorand, TrustToken, Blockstack, Nervos and Filecoin have used Coinlist for their token sales in the past and the company states it has helped raise over $500 million through more than 50 token sales.
Dorsey has pledged his long-term commitment to Bitcoin. Earlier this year his company Square launched Square Crypto, earlier this year with a small team to help with bitcoin and cryptocurrency development.
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board - October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs - October 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.