VeganNation, creators of a popular tokenized vegan ecosystem that uses the cryptocurrency VeganCoin has added three-time World Cup finalist and two-time champion, Brazilian football star – Cafu to its advisory board. He rose from poverty growing up in the Jardim Irene favela of São Paulo to go on to represent Brazil with 142 appearances for the national team. He is the most internationally capped Brazilian player of all time.
“Education is the first step towards change and I fully support VeganNation on this matter,” says Cafu.
“What’s happening in the Amazon is a huge concern, not only for us Brazilians but to anyone who cares about planet Earth. We should all care about our planet, and that’s why education is such an important step. Once we all agree on the importance of caring about how we treat our planet, we’ll start seeing real change.”
The company’s new addition aims to strengthen VeganNation’s environmental efforts for sustainability and conserving the Amazon.
“Brazil’s passion for football is well known around the world, and we believe that channeling that same energy on environmental efforts could make a huge impact,” says Isaac Thomas, CEO and Co-Founder of VeganNation.
“We’re really looking forward to working together with such an important figure in Brazilian football history such as Cafu, and having the support of the four biggest football teams in Brazil is an amazing opportunity for us to spread the word on sustainability and vegan lifestyle.”
The announcement follows the “Shalom Game” at Haifa’s Sammy Ofer Stadium on Tuesday, where Cafu and other ex-Brazilian stars played together against former Israeli professionals to promote coexistence between the two countries.
Brazilian football legend Cafu will support VeganNation’s efforts to save the Amazon rainforest and help spread awareness about sustainable activities by launching education programs aimed at educating fans on topics such as plastic utilization, recycling, food choices and more. Cafu has played more international matches for Brazil than any other player in the country’s history. Over a period of 16 years, he played in a record 142 games and three World Cup Finals – winning in 1994 and 2002.
The company has recently secured a 10-year lease to preserve 15,000 acres of the Amazon rainforest. As part of the deal, the land will be open to preservation groups and activists, while ensuring no one, including the government, can cut down trees, exploit the land, or kill any animals.
Here’s a quick rundown on the VeganCoin project.
- Total Tokens Planned: 1 billion
- Underlying Blockchain: Ethereum
- Soft/Hard Caps: $10m/$60m
- Token Symbol: VCN (but should totally be VGN!)
- Website: www.vegannation.io
- Telegram: t.me/vegannation
- Twitter: @Vegan_Coin
- Whitepaper: VeganNation Greenpaper
VeganNation is implementing change with the creation of the first-ever fully vegan economy, equipped with its own traceable digital currency and a social marketplace that includes vegan products and food-sharing marketplace. The platform uses blockchain technology to ensure a transparent supply chain and provide a designated coin that serves the community members’ transactional needs with the VeganNation digital wallet.
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Victim’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean National in Thailand - January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Investment In Digital Securities - January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light - January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies - January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer - January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game - January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 - January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit - January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree - January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace - January 7, 2020
- The Next Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Mobile Mining is Gaining Massive Adoption - January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore - January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Exchange Engine in Telegram - December 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.