VeganNation, creators of a popular tokenized vegan ecosystem that uses the cryptocurrency VeganCoin has added three-time World Cup finalist and two-time champion, Brazilian football star – Cafu to its advisory board. He rose from poverty growing up in the Jardim Irene favela of São Paulo to go on to represent Brazil with 142 appearances for the national team. He is the most internationally capped Brazilian player of all time.
“Education is the first step towards change and I fully support VeganNation on this matter,” says Cafu.
“What’s happening in the Amazon is a huge concern, not only for us Brazilians but to anyone who cares about planet Earth. We should all care about our planet, and that’s why education is such an important step. Once we all agree on the importance of caring about how we treat our planet, we’ll start seeing real change.”
The company’s new addition aims to strengthen VeganNation’s environmental efforts for sustainability and conserving the Amazon.
“Brazil’s passion for football is well known around the world, and we believe that channeling that same energy on environmental efforts could make a huge impact,” says Isaac Thomas, CEO and Co-Founder of VeganNation.
“We’re really looking forward to working together with such an important figure in Brazilian football history such as Cafu, and having the support of the four biggest football teams in Brazil is an amazing opportunity for us to spread the word on sustainability and vegan lifestyle.”
The announcement follows the “Shalom Game” at Haifa’s Sammy Ofer Stadium on Tuesday, where Cafu and other ex-Brazilian stars played together against former Israeli professionals to promote coexistence between the two countries.
Brazilian football legend Cafu will support VeganNation’s efforts to save the Amazon rainforest and help spread awareness about sustainable activities by launching education programs aimed at educating fans on topics such as plastic utilization, recycling, food choices and more. Cafu has played more international matches for Brazil than any other player in the country’s history. Over a period of 16 years, he played in a record 142 games and three World Cup Finals – winning in 1994 and 2002.
The company has recently secured a 10-year lease to preserve 15,000 acres of the Amazon rainforest. As part of the deal, the land will be open to preservation groups and activists, while ensuring no one, including the government, can cut down trees, exploit the land, or kill any animals.
Here’s a quick rundown on the VeganCoin project.
- Total Tokens Planned: 1 billion
- Underlying Blockchain: Ethereum
- Soft/Hard Caps: $10m/$60m
- Token Symbol: VCN (but should totally be VGN!)
- Website: www.vegannation.io
- Telegram: t.me/vegannation
- Twitter: @Vegan_Coin
- Whitepaper: VeganNation Greenpaper
VeganNation is implementing change with the creation of the first-ever fully vegan economy, equipped with its own traceable digital currency and a social marketplace that includes vegan products and food-sharing marketplace. The platform uses blockchain technology to ensure a transparent supply chain and provide a designated coin that serves the community members’ transactional needs with the VeganNation digital wallet.
- Block Lattice Architecture Or Blockchain? DLT or DAG? Europeans Rally on GDPR-Compliant, Open Source, Cross-Border Framework for Phone Application Development - April 9, 2020
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
Also published on Medium.