VeganNation, creators of a popular tokenized vegan ecosystem that uses the cryptocurrency VeganCoin has added three-time World Cup finalist and two-time champion, Brazilian football star – Cafu to its advisory board. He rose from poverty growing up in the Jardim Irene favela of São Paulo to go on to represent Brazil with 142 appearances for the national team. He is the most internationally capped Brazilian player of all time.
“Education is the first step towards change and I fully support VeganNation on this matter,” says Cafu.
“What’s happening in the Amazon is a huge concern, not only for us Brazilians but to anyone who cares about planet Earth. We should all care about our planet, and that’s why education is such an important step. Once we all agree on the importance of caring about how we treat our planet, we’ll start seeing real change.”
The company’s new addition aims to strengthen VeganNation’s environmental efforts for sustainability and conserving the Amazon.
“Brazil’s passion for football is well known around the world, and we believe that channeling that same energy on environmental efforts could make a huge impact,” says Isaac Thomas, CEO and Co-Founder of VeganNation.
“We’re really looking forward to working together with such an important figure in Brazilian football history such as Cafu, and having the support of the four biggest football teams in Brazil is an amazing opportunity for us to spread the word on sustainability and vegan lifestyle.”
The announcement follows the “Shalom Game” at Haifa’s Sammy Ofer Stadium on Tuesday, where Cafu and other ex-Brazilian stars played together against former Israeli professionals to promote coexistence between the two countries.
Brazilian football legend Cafu will support VeganNation’s efforts to save the Amazon rainforest and help spread awareness about sustainable activities by launching education programs aimed at educating fans on topics such as plastic utilization, recycling, food choices and more. Cafu has played more international matches for Brazil than any other player in the country’s history. Over a period of 16 years, he played in a record 142 games and three World Cup Finals – winning in 1994 and 2002.
The company has recently secured a 10-year lease to preserve 15,000 acres of the Amazon rainforest. As part of the deal, the land will be open to preservation groups and activists, while ensuring no one, including the government, can cut down trees, exploit the land, or kill any animals.
Here’s a quick rundown on the VeganCoin project.
- Total Tokens Planned: 1 billion
- Underlying Blockchain: Ethereum
- Soft/Hard Caps: $10m/$60m
- Token Symbol: VCN (but should totally be VGN!)
- Website: www.vegannation.io
- Telegram: t.me/vegannation
- Twitter: @Vegan_Coin
- Whitepaper: VeganNation Greenpaper
VeganNation is implementing change with the creation of the first-ever fully vegan economy, equipped with its own traceable digital currency and a social marketplace that includes vegan products and food-sharing marketplace. The platform uses blockchain technology to ensure a transparent supply chain and provide a designated coin that serves the community members’ transactional needs with the VeganNation digital wallet.
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board - October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs - October 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.