VeganNation, creators of a popular tokenized vegan ecosystem that uses the cryptocurrency VeganCoin has added three-time World Cup finalist and two-time champion, Brazilian football star – Cafu to its advisory board. He rose from poverty growing up in the Jardim Irene favela of São Paulo to go on to represent Brazil with 142 appearances for the national team. He is the most internationally capped Brazilian player of all time.
“Education is the first step towards change and I fully support VeganNation on this matter,” says Cafu.
“What’s happening in the Amazon is a huge concern, not only for us Brazilians but to anyone who cares about planet Earth. We should all care about our planet, and that’s why education is such an important step. Once we all agree on the importance of caring about how we treat our planet, we’ll start seeing real change.”
The company’s new addition aims to strengthen VeganNation’s environmental efforts for sustainability and conserving the Amazon.
“Brazil’s passion for football is well known around the world, and we believe that channeling that same energy on environmental efforts could make a huge impact,” says Isaac Thomas, CEO and Co-Founder of VeganNation.
“We’re really looking forward to working together with such an important figure in Brazilian football history such as Cafu, and having the support of the four biggest football teams in Brazil is an amazing opportunity for us to spread the word on sustainability and vegan lifestyle.”
The announcement follows the “Shalom Game” at Haifa’s Sammy Ofer Stadium on Tuesday, where Cafu and other ex-Brazilian stars played together against former Israeli professionals to promote coexistence between the two countries.
Brazilian football legend Cafu will support VeganNation’s efforts to save the Amazon rainforest and help spread awareness about sustainable activities by launching education programs aimed at educating fans on topics such as plastic utilization, recycling, food choices and more. Cafu has played more international matches for Brazil than any other player in the country’s history. Over a period of 16 years, he played in a record 142 games and three World Cup Finals – winning in 1994 and 2002.
The company has recently secured a 10-year lease to preserve 15,000 acres of the Amazon rainforest. As part of the deal, the land will be open to preservation groups and activists, while ensuring no one, including the government, can cut down trees, exploit the land, or kill any animals.
Here’s a quick rundown on the VeganCoin project.
- Total Tokens Planned: 1 billion
- Underlying Blockchain: Ethereum
- Soft/Hard Caps: $10m/$60m
- Token Symbol: VCN (but should totally be VGN!)
- Website: www.vegannation.io
- Telegram: t.me/vegannation
- Twitter: @Vegan_Coin
- Whitepaper: VeganNation Greenpaper
VeganNation is implementing change with the creation of the first-ever fully vegan economy, equipped with its own traceable digital currency and a social marketplace that includes vegan products and food-sharing marketplace. The platform uses blockchain technology to ensure a transparent supply chain and provide a designated coin that serves the community members’ transactional needs with the VeganNation digital wallet.
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
Also published on Medium.