Canada’s Graph Blockchain is to acquire fellow Canadian company Shroom Street Limited, a psychedelic focused brand that is developing a psychedelic truffle e-commerce marketplace, psychedelic lifestyle brand, and media company that covers the latest developments in psychedelic science, activism and investing, for an aggregate purchase price of $1,000,000 CAD payable through the issuance of common shares in the capital of the Company at a deemed price of $0.05 per share.
“Implementing our private blockchain solutions into Shroom Street’s online marketplace will ensure the integrity and security of all transactions on the company’s e-commerce marketplace. The growth of the Cannabis industry has been staggering and the investors who were early enough profited greatly. Investing in medicinal mushrooms in 2019 is looking to generate returns like those experienced in Cannabis 6-7 years ago and we are excited to be a part of it,” says Jeffrey Stevens, Interim CEO of Graph Blockchain.
The Proposed Acquisition is the result of the formal review announced on September 18th, 2019 whereby management and the board of directors set out to identify strategic initiatives that could complement the company’s blockchain technology in new verticals that create shareholder value.
Jeremy Prinsen of Shroom Street commented:
“I am thrilled to join Graph and am looking forward to implementing their technology to ensure we build a trusted and profitable business in the psychedelic industry.”
Shroom Street’s most distinctive strengths are its first-mover advantage and its connections to leading experts and product suppliers in the psychedelic industry. Graph Blockchain’s acquisition of the company is an ideal fit as there is a pressing need for product tracking when it comes down to selling mushrooms containing psilocybin.
Due to the strict regulations for these types of products around the world online sales of these products can prove difficult as substances containing psilocybin are currently legal only in Brazil, Jamaica, Netherlands and Samoa. Real-time visibility, verification and transparency of the supply chain can be achieved utilizing Graph Blockchain’s technology protecting consumers and the company from risk. Shroom Street plans to sell its products in all legal jurisdictions and is planning an official launch their website in early December.
The closing date for the Proposed Acquisition is on or around December 31st, 2019 and is subject to the Company and Shroom entering into a definitive agreement, receipt of regulatory approval, the approval of the shareholders of Shroom and customary closing conditions. A finder’s fee of 10% of the transaction is payable in shares on closing.
Graph Blockchain develops leading-edge private blockchain business intelligence and data management solutions. Graph leverages its proprietary integration of the AgensGraph Database engine with Hyperledger Fabric to create a transparent and immutable ledger with near real-time transactional data processing and intuitive data visualization.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019