Visa, the world’s largest digital payment platform Visa is to launch its blockchain-based Visa Token Service (VTS) would be instituted and it’s estimated that Visa will process a combined ecommerce volume of $1 trillion with the service. The Visa simplified online checkout experience will replace Visa Checkout in the US starting in January 2020 and will continue to expand globally through the end of 2020 to additional markets.
“At Visa, one of our primary goals has always been to create the best customer experience possible. As digital transaction volume grows, there has never been more urgency to build increased confidence in the seamlessness and security of online shopping,” says Jack Forestell, Chief Product Officer, Visa. “This is why Visa is committed to the success of the click to pay experience and the added level of security that tokens bring to electronic payments.”
Starting January 21, active Visa Checkout merchants in the US will transition to a new, easy, smart and secure online shopping experience for card payments across the web and mobile sites, mobile apps and connected devices. Consumers can leverage the click to pay experience when using their Visa card to make a purchase wherever they see a click to pay button where Visa is accepted.
On sites displaying a click to pay button, consumers that have enabled their card will no longer have to enter a 16-digit primary account number, look up passwords or fill out long forms to make a purchase. Consumers paying with their Visa card where they see a click to pay button where Visa is accepted, will also be able to pay with confidence knowing Visa will be using advanced technology and authentication methods, including device binding and biometrics to protect transactions. The click to pay experience is also interoperable with the EMVCo tokenization specification and with the 3-D Secure specification to bring more of today’s most advanced security methods to emerging and existing digital payments channels.
The Visa Token Service has been in development since the middle of 2019 when Yahoo reported Visa’s intention to purchase the blockchain tokenization firm Bell ID from Rambus.
Visa’s new Blockchain-based system allows them to securely tokenize assets with bank-grade encryption in minutes and the move is the next step in Visa’s blockchain strategy which began with the tokenization of sensitive information, in particular, to remove the need to share private information with third-parties directly.
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
Also published on Medium.