“PlayAPI is the culmination of a life spent in the epicenter of the video game revolution. It is a dream to organize a gamer’s life in one central location, regardless of platform or publisher. We knew we had to offer significant value to the developers in order to achieve this goal and have them exclusively hand over their back end data. Our proof of concept, pre-launch partnership with Jagex is the culmination of that dream.”, stated Ted Owen – PlayAPI Founder and Chairman.
ClanBase started out at the beginning of 1998 as a war arranging site for mainly Dutch Quake2 clans but shut down in December 2013, after 15 years with over 1000 volunteers helping keep it alive. Owen’s company GGL bought it from the original owners in December of 2004 but things started going downhill, according to Clanbase.org, in 2007 when Clanbase suffered its first heart attack when GGL couldn’t deliver the prize money they put up for the EuroCup. Eventually, it petered out due to the lack of finances and deterioration of the site.
According to a recent press release, the first step on the way to Blockchain will start with a Beta version of PlayAPI, launching in 2020, that seeks to invite publishers to share in PlayAPI’s custom software development kit (SDK), which Owen says will provide unprecedented, best in class back end data and analytics to publishers, diversified revenue streams, including evolutionary leaps in highly-focused, direct-to-consumer, e-commerce transactions (both in-game and IRL) as well as fair play gambling will ‘change gaming as we know it’.
Owen will relaunch Clanbase.com, in Version 2, launching in 2021, the once massively popular, consumer-facing, video game social network, which he acquired through his premiere E-Sports league, GGL or Global Gaming League (Professional Interactive Entertainment, Inc.).
The plan is for PlayAPI and Clanbase.com to seamlessly integrate Blockchain transactions, courtesy of a custom PlayAPI token.
More from the press release:
“Blockchain as an anonymous, protected currency and financial paradigm, independent from government influence, will thrive within PlayAPI‘s symbiotic financial and cultural ecosystem, one as of yet unprecedented in the global mainstream.
“This interactive portal will allow users to definitively organize their gaming life: games, friends, leagues, competitors, while efficiently and transparently selling and trading in-game purchases and various virtual items in an online open market. This concentrated hub will take the global gaming community and the various publishers attempting to reach them to undeniable, shared critical mass.”
According to Owen:
“PlayAPI is poised to be as disruptive to the gaming world as Napster was to the music industry (and physical media as we knew it) while taking a page from contemporary media’s most successful monolithic portals, such as Spotify and Netflix.”
For those that wonder…
“Game Five of the 2017 NBA Finals — the most-watched Game Five since 1998 — was watched by 24.5 million people. But the 2015 world finals of online game “League of Legends” nabbed 36 million unique viewers, according to Riot Games.”
The release also noted that plans for Version 3 will attempt to expand E-Sports to the Olympics.
Owen brought gaming to the IOC prior to the 2008 Beijing Olympics where he tried to convince them to include gaming but it did not fly. They weren’t ready. But Owen says he sees this as an inevitability, as he hopes to reignite his campaign once more for Beijing 2022 as an exhibition sport and officially in Los Angeles in 2028 – where publishers will bid and compete to see their game utilized, just as cities bid to host the Olympics. He hopes the process will include a global, multi-country preliminary tournament, fully optimized by PlayAPI, fair play-ensured and streamed and presented by Clanbase.com.
“Gaming is the ultimate universal experience and engagement platform. PlayAPI will enable and empower massive and valuable information to multiple stakeholders from players, publishers, brands and more. Over the years, I have advised and worked with and for many startups and large companies. PlayAPI is by far the most dynamic business model I have seen that will deliver a sustainable and highly valuable set of data, metrics, and insights,” stated Ed Soo Hoo – Business Development Officer at Lenovo & PlayAPI Board Member.
“PlayAPI has created the perfect business model, both commercially and culturally, to leverage the power of blockchain. Their innovation unlocks vast latent value, elegantly aligns the vertical and horizontal stakeholders, and redraws the economic dynamics of the global gaming community. Whilst many have hypothesized on the marriage value of the two worlds, Ted has gone one step further and delivered the structure required that takes Gaming as an Asset Class to the next dimension,” added Daryn Soards – CEO/ Founder, Origin Ventures & EVP of Blockchain Development at PlayAPI.
PlayAPI has a pre-launch partnership with Plutos Sama Holdings, Inc., which was the winning bidder through its subsidiary Platinum Fortune, LP on the purchase of Jagex, a British game developer and indie publisher best known for RuneScape, one of the largest, free-to-play, multiplayer online role-player games. GGL
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
Also published on Medium.