“PlayAPI is the culmination of a life spent in the epicenter of the video game revolution. It is a dream to organize a gamer’s life in one central location, regardless of platform or publisher. We knew we had to offer significant value to the developers in order to achieve this goal and have them exclusively hand over their back end data. Our proof of concept, pre-launch partnership with Jagex is the culmination of that dream.”, stated Ted Owen – PlayAPI Founder and Chairman.
ClanBase started out at the beginning of 1998 as a war arranging site for mainly Dutch Quake2 clans but shut down in December 2013, after 15 years with over 1000 volunteers helping keep it alive. Owen’s company GGL bought it from the original owners in December of 2004 but things started going downhill, according to Clanbase.org, in 2007 when Clanbase suffered its first heart attack when GGL couldn’t deliver the prize money they put up for the EuroCup. Eventually, it petered out due to the lack of finances and deterioration of the site.
According to a recent press release, the first step on the way to Blockchain will start with a Beta version of PlayAPI, launching in 2020, that seeks to invite publishers to share in PlayAPI’s custom software development kit (SDK), which Owen says will provide unprecedented, best in class back end data and analytics to publishers, diversified revenue streams, including evolutionary leaps in highly-focused, direct-to-consumer, e-commerce transactions (both in-game and IRL) as well as fair play gambling will ‘change gaming as we know it’.
Owen will relaunch Clanbase.com, in Version 2, launching in 2021, the once massively popular, consumer-facing, video game social network, which he acquired through his premiere E-Sports league, GGL or Global Gaming League (Professional Interactive Entertainment, Inc.).
The plan is for PlayAPI and Clanbase.com to seamlessly integrate Blockchain transactions, courtesy of a custom PlayAPI token.
More from the press release:
“Blockchain as an anonymous, protected currency and financial paradigm, independent from government influence, will thrive within PlayAPI‘s symbiotic financial and cultural ecosystem, one as of yet unprecedented in the global mainstream.
“This interactive portal will allow users to definitively organize their gaming life: games, friends, leagues, competitors, while efficiently and transparently selling and trading in-game purchases and various virtual items in an online open market. This concentrated hub will take the global gaming community and the various publishers attempting to reach them to undeniable, shared critical mass.”
According to Owen:
“PlayAPI is poised to be as disruptive to the gaming world as Napster was to the music industry (and physical media as we knew it) while taking a page from contemporary media’s most successful monolithic portals, such as Spotify and Netflix.”
For those that wonder…
“Game Five of the 2017 NBA Finals — the most-watched Game Five since 1998 — was watched by 24.5 million people. But the 2015 world finals of online game “League of Legends” nabbed 36 million unique viewers, according to Riot Games.”
The release also noted that plans for Version 3 will attempt to expand E-Sports to the Olympics.
Owen brought gaming to the IOC prior to the 2008 Beijing Olympics where he tried to convince them to include gaming but it did not fly. They weren’t ready. But Owen says he sees this as an inevitability, as he hopes to reignite his campaign once more for Beijing 2022 as an exhibition sport and officially in Los Angeles in 2028 – where publishers will bid and compete to see their game utilized, just as cities bid to host the Olympics. He hopes the process will include a global, multi-country preliminary tournament, fully optimized by PlayAPI, fair play-ensured and streamed and presented by Clanbase.com.
“Gaming is the ultimate universal experience and engagement platform. PlayAPI will enable and empower massive and valuable information to multiple stakeholders from players, publishers, brands and more. Over the years, I have advised and worked with and for many startups and large companies. PlayAPI is by far the most dynamic business model I have seen that will deliver a sustainable and highly valuable set of data, metrics, and insights,” stated Ed Soo Hoo – Business Development Officer at Lenovo & PlayAPI Board Member.
“PlayAPI has created the perfect business model, both commercially and culturally, to leverage the power of blockchain. Their innovation unlocks vast latent value, elegantly aligns the vertical and horizontal stakeholders, and redraws the economic dynamics of the global gaming community. Whilst many have hypothesized on the marriage value of the two worlds, Ted has gone one step further and delivered the structure required that takes Gaming as an Asset Class to the next dimension,” added Daryn Soards – CEO/ Founder, Origin Ventures & EVP of Blockchain Development at PlayAPI.
PlayAPI has a pre-launch partnership with Plutos Sama Holdings, Inc., which was the winning bidder through its subsidiary Platinum Fortune, LP on the purchase of Jagex, a British game developer and indie publisher best known for RuneScape, one of the largest, free-to-play, multiplayer online role-player games. GGL
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
Also published on Medium.