As an experienced Marketing Manager, you will have overall ownership of taking a first-mover product to market, building awareness and driving user adoption and growth. You will be helping to craft differentiated market positioning and compelling brand narratives across highly sophisticated and technically complex products. Then you’ll be taking the lead in planning, executing and monitoring a multi-channel launch campaign,
You will work closely with product management and product marketing to understand product offerings, identify unique messages and produce related assets and conversion campaigns. Getting the message out and driving growth will also require strong collaboration with the creative, communications, social media and press teams to drive tailored content across multiple channels. Success in this role will also require the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with stakeholders across a remote-based business, including Product Management, Product Engineering, DevOps, Commercial, Research, Technical Services and more.
You will be comfortable working within a technical environment and excited by the potential offered by emerging technologies. A keen interest in blockchain and specifically, the opportunities and customer use cases it can offer is essential, with your finger on the pulse about the many exciting innovations that are happening within the technology space.
- Understand the competitive landscape, including regulatory, legal and user insights to influence decision making across teams
- Help define product-market fit and create compelling customer value propositions, built around real-world use cases
- Go-to-market planning: work closely with Technical Product Managers, Product Marketing and Business Analysts to help define the story
- Support ongoing strategic roadmap initiatives based on global market feedback and competitive insights
- Work closely with our brand agency, account managing their output and feedback in a timely manner
- Plan global launches for new releases in conjunction with the wider team
- Deliver and maintain product feature positioning and benefit messaging that is robust enough to be globally consistent after localisation
- Drive go-to-market tactical programmes working closely with Product Management, Communications, Engineering teams and in-region marketing teams
- Work with the Design team to create marketing assets/tools such as sales presentations, conversation guides, videos, infographics, best practice guides, how-to tips/tricks, solution sheets, internal competitive positioning guides etc.
- Identify and create business development tools and collateral that support our subject matter experts, from presentations and case studies, to competitor talking points, and more
- Pursue and deliver measurable awareness, user growth and user adoption against agreed KPIs
- Proven track record in building and executing strategic global marketing and communications plans with a strong understanding of brand
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships within remote teams
- Positive attitude, proactive and a self-starter, happy to take the initiative hit the ground running
- Adept at creating value propositions, translating technical capability into accessible and compelling customer stories
- Excellent communications skills – written & verbal with experience in engaging with customers and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong writing skills and able to distil complex, sometimes highly technical information into concise and accessible documentation.
- Good project management skills with campaign management experience
- Results-oriented; KPI focussed.
- An understanding of the open-source ethos and its community.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience marketing technology solutions in B2B and B2C environments
- Experience of creating and executing targeted marketing plans to core audiences and bring key projects to market
- Demonstrable experience in product marketing (growth marketing experience will be an added advantage)
- Demonstrable experience of taking technology solutions from early adopter stage to broader awareness, engagement and usage
- A clear understanding of blockchain technologies and familiarity with competitors who operate in this space
- Experience in startups and rapidly growing organisations
- Comfortable with remote working; ability to travel internationally