Acronis, a global leader in hybrid cloud data protection, has announced new solutions that give businesses and IT Managers more control over company data and workloads than ever before – including where they can be backed up, stored, monitored, and recovered. Including Acronis Notary which delivers ‘tamper-proof’ data storage leveraging Blockchain technology to ensure data authenticity, privacy and control.
Acronis will apply Blockchain technology to its solutions, which provides a record of digital events distributed across different participants or entities, and opens up a broad range of new data protection use cases for businesses worldwide. With Blockchain, data and transactions can only be updated by rules of consensus between participants in the system, and when new data is entered, it can never be erased. Acronis solutions leveraging Blockchain technology are scheduled to be available in October. You can see an online demo here today.
Data is the lifeline of every business – without it businesses cannot survive in today’s digital world. Data must be protected. Acronis is helping businesses and IT Managers meet this modern day need with an expanded set of solutions – Acronis Backup 12, Acronis Backup Cloud, Acronis Monitor, Acronis Storage, Acronis Notary – that are based on the company’s new hybrid cloud architecture to support data protection and recovery in virtually any IT environment.
“Today, Acronis is launching a new era of data protection by moving from full image device protection to full image digital business protection,” said Serguei Beloussov, Co-founder and CEO at Acronis. “We’re combining the world’s fastest backup solution with the industry’s most flexible storage options and non-stop monitoring to provide complete data protection for today’s ‘always-on’ digital business.”
According to IDC, data continues to grow at a 40–50% compounded annual growth rate. At the same time, IDC notes that a company’s data may migrate from system to system, across storage platforms, and across on-premises and off-premises repositories all within the course of a normal business day. Traditional data protection methods are not well equipped to protect and recover this transient data, and IT consumers are looking for products that can more adequately do so.
“Ensuring that the right type and quality of data is preserved and available when necessary has become even more challenging in today’s digital world,” said Phil Goodwin, Research Director, IDC. “Today’s hybrid cloud IT environments and massive increase in cloud workloads are forcing IT Managers to rethink older methodologies to maintain greater control over their critical business data, while replacing current business processes with newer ones to ensure that crucial data assets are in fact preserved and available.”
New Hybrid Cloud Architecture Fuels New Generation of Data Protection Solutions
Acronis provides businesses with the ability to take back control of their data destiny by extending beyond backup solutions to provide omplete data protection across hybrid cloud IT environments. Acronis enables businesses and IT Managers to store their data anywhere and monitor activity at all times to quickly identify and resolve performance issues.
Acronis solutions feature a unified web management console that makes it easier than ever for IT managers to converge cloud and on-premises data protection with the ability to monitor and manage all data and workloads.
Acronis solutions can be deployed in the cloud, on-premises and in hybrid configurations, protecting company data across the entire business – whether it resides in the cloud or with cloud applications, on-premises, across virtual and physical systems, in remote systems, and on mobile devices.
The new Acronis solutions and technologies include:
- Acronis Backup 12 – World’s fastest backup protects the entire business, backing up data on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, and on mobile devices – available now. See related press release here.
- Acronis Backup Cloud – Built to easily fit within service provider environments with a comprehensive, yet simple, complete, and cost-effective hybrid backup and recovery solution that solves their customers’ data protection problems. Available now, click here for more information.
- Acronis Monitoring Service – Enables IT managers to monitor servers, networks, applications, and web sites with ease to identify performance problems, and make smarter IT decisions. Available now, click here for more information.
- Acronis Storage – Provides software-defined storage that supports any type and volume of data with reliable, resilient, self-healing features, enabling service providers to use cost-efficient, commodity hardware. Available in September, click here for more information.
- Acronis Notary – Delivers ‘tamper-proof’ data storage that leverages Blockchain to ensure data authenticity, privacy and control. Acronis will apply Blockchain technology to its solutions, which provides a record of digital events distributed across different participants or entities, and opens up a broad range of new data protection use cases for businesses worldwide. With Blockchain, data and transactions can only be updated by rules of consensus between participants in the system, and when new data is entered, it can never be erased. Acronis solutions leveraging Blockchain technology are scheduled to be available in October. You can see an online demo here today.
Acronis customers can select subscription-based pricing or perpetual licenses to protect any infrastructure, including physical, virtual and cloud.
For service providers and cloud resellers, Acronis delivers a set of multi-tenant, multi-tiered solutions that provide automation of services and complete control of provisioning, billing, monitoring and management, enabling partners with highly scalable solutions that can support millions of end users.
All Acronis solutions, including Backup, Disaster Recovery, File Sync & Share, Storage and Monitoring, are powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine – a set of unique, deep, and powerful data protection technologies that capture, store, recover, control, and access any data from any location. Acronis has over 5,000 petabytes of data under protection from over 500,000 business customers relying on Acronis because they just need data protection that works.
For partners and service providers that want to learn more about Acronis solutions, click here for more information.
- Commodities Behemoth Testing Blockchain Tech with Crude Oil Cargo - January 21, 2017
- Berlin’s Neufund Blockchain Fundraising Platform Raises $2 Million - January 21, 2017
- Alibaba’s Ant Financial Aims for 2 billion Users by Bringing Blockchain Technology to Alipay - January 20, 2017
- ChronoBank Plans to Use Multiple Blockchains - January 20, 2017
- Hyperledger Welcomes New Blockchain Platform Partner Cello - January 20, 2017
- WISeKey and Stratumn Join Forces to Use Blockchain for Real-Time Accountability and Traceability in Enterprise Processes - January 20, 2017
- Blockchain Report – European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) - January 20, 2017
- FINRA Seeks Comment on New Report on the Potential Implications of Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- Finlync Designs ERP Integration to Distributed Ledger and Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- European Central Bank Considering Digital Currency – Cryptocash - January 18, 2017
- US Homeland Security Testing Blockchain To Track People, Goods Across Borders - January 17, 2017
- Israeli Tax Authorities Might Go After Bitcoin - January 16, 2017
- Senior US Regulator David Blaszkowsky Joins Canadian Blockchain Intelligence Group (BIG) Advisory Board - January 16, 2017
- Seven European Banks Cut Blockchain Deal to Facilitate Easier Cross-Border SME Commerce - January 16, 2017
- Marketforce to Host 2nd Annual The Blockchain Summit on 28th March 2017 in London - January 15, 2017
- Waves Platform Implements New Blockchain Scalability Approaches - January 14, 2017
- China’s Puerbank Group Launches Global Node for A Standardized Blockchain-Based Digital Currency in the UK - January 14, 2017
- DU and Guardtime Partner with Dubai’s NMC Hospital to Revolutionize Electronic Health Records with Blockchain Technology - January 14, 2017
- Report: Blockchain Slated to Become $8 Billion Global Industry By 2024 - January 14, 2017
- Blockchain Could Save Financial Services $110 billion over Next Three Years - January 14, 2017
- Russia Embraces Bitcoin – No Plans to Ban Cryptocurrencies - January 14, 2017
- Canadian BTL Group Completes Blockchain Pilot With Major Global Energy Company - January 12, 2017
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance and NTT DATA Cut Blockchain PoC For Insurance - January 12, 2017
- HfS Research Recognises VirtusaPolaris for Emerging Blockchain Services in BFSI - January 12, 2017
- Deloitte Launches Blockchain Lab in New York - January 12, 2017
- SWIFT launches Blockchain Proof of Concept In Hyperledger - January 12, 2017
- Blockchain VIP’s to Gather for Major Retreat This Month - January 12, 2017
- IBM Watson Health and US FDA Announce Blockchain Healthcare Data Project - January 12, 2017
- Equibit Development Corporation Sets $7 million Funding Target, Crowdsale Date - January 12, 2017
- US National Science Foundation Offers $8.5m in Funding for Blockchain Proposals for Cyberinfrastructure Security - January 11, 2017
- China Poised to Dominate Fintech and Blockchain Markets in 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Respectonomy Social Network To Tackle Censorship Using Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- South Korea Plans to Launch a Full-Scale Pilot Project on Blockchain-powered Financial Services - January 10, 2017
- Postal Savings Bank of China (PSBC) Announces First Blockchain Financial Service - January 10, 2017
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Releases Bullish Report on Blockchain for Clearing, Settlement - January 10, 2017
- Blockchain TV – TED Talk | How the Blockchain will Radically Transform the Economy | Bettina Warburg - January 10, 2017
- Alfa-Bank and S7 Airlines Close Blockchain Deal in Russia - January 10, 2017
- Life.SREDA and the Russian Republic of Tatarstan To Introduce Blockchain Technology For Public Administration System - January 10, 2017
- Union Square Ventures Leads $4M Funding Round for Blockchain Startup Blockstack - January 10, 2017
- US Department of Energy Eyeing Blockchain Solutions for Security – Seeking Proposals - January 10, 2017
- India’s Axis Bank to Use Ripple Blockchain for Cross-Border Remittances - January 10, 2017
- Georgia to Store Real Estate Documents in Blockchain System with Bitfury Group and Hernando de Soto - January 10, 2017
- US Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation Selects IBM, AXONI and R3 to Develop Derivatives Processing On Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- Grantcoin Foundation Expands Board of Directors – Distribution Rescheduled to Late January - January 8, 2017
- UNICEF, UK Home Office and BTCC to speak at London Blockchain Week 2017 - January 6, 2017
- American Company The Seam to Form Cotton Blockchain Consortium with IBM on Hyperledger Fabric - January 5, 2017
- Move over Bitcoin – MIT Cryptographer Silvio Micali and his Public Ledger ALGORAND… The Future of Blockchain? - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain to Play Role in Future of Transportation? UBS Teams up with ZF and innology SE to Make it Happen - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain Group Hyperledger Expands into China - January 5, 2017
- The Evolution Of Casinos – Next Generation Transparent Ethereum Smart Contracts Based Casino “Edgeless” - January 5, 2017