Acronis, a global leader in hybrid cloud data protection, has announced new solutions that give businesses and IT Managers more control over company data and workloads than ever before – including where they can be backed up, stored, monitored, and recovered. Including Acronis Notary which delivers ‘tamper-proof’ data storage leveraging Blockchain technology to ensure data authenticity, privacy and control.
Acronis will apply Blockchain technology to its solutions, which provides a record of digital events distributed across different participants or entities, and opens up a broad range of new data protection use cases for businesses worldwide. With Blockchain, data and transactions can only be updated by rules of consensus between participants in the system, and when new data is entered, it can never be erased. Acronis solutions leveraging Blockchain technology are scheduled to be available in October. You can see an online demo here today.
Data is the lifeline of every business – without it businesses cannot survive in today’s digital world. Data must be protected. Acronis is helping businesses and IT Managers meet this modern day need with an expanded set of solutions – Acronis Backup 12, Acronis Backup Cloud, Acronis Monitor, Acronis Storage, Acronis Notary – that are based on the company’s new hybrid cloud architecture to support data protection and recovery in virtually any IT environment.
“Today, Acronis is launching a new era of data protection by moving from full image device protection to full image digital business protection,” said Serguei Beloussov, Co-founder and CEO at Acronis. “We’re combining the world’s fastest backup solution with the industry’s most flexible storage options and non-stop monitoring to provide complete data protection for today’s ‘always-on’ digital business.”
According to IDC, data continues to grow at a 40–50% compounded annual growth rate. At the same time, IDC notes that a company’s data may migrate from system to system, across storage platforms, and across on-premises and off-premises repositories all within the course of a normal business day. Traditional data protection methods are not well equipped to protect and recover this transient data, and IT consumers are looking for products that can more adequately do so.
“Ensuring that the right type and quality of data is preserved and available when necessary has become even more challenging in today’s digital world,” said Phil Goodwin, Research Director, IDC. “Today’s hybrid cloud IT environments and massive increase in cloud workloads are forcing IT Managers to rethink older methodologies to maintain greater control over their critical business data, while replacing current business processes with newer ones to ensure that crucial data assets are in fact preserved and available.”
New Hybrid Cloud Architecture Fuels New Generation of Data Protection Solutions
Acronis provides businesses with the ability to take back control of their data destiny by extending beyond backup solutions to provide omplete data protection across hybrid cloud IT environments. Acronis enables businesses and IT Managers to store their data anywhere and monitor activity at all times to quickly identify and resolve performance issues.
Acronis solutions feature a unified web management console that makes it easier than ever for IT managers to converge cloud and on-premises data protection with the ability to monitor and manage all data and workloads.
Acronis solutions can be deployed in the cloud, on-premises and in hybrid configurations, protecting company data across the entire business – whether it resides in the cloud or with cloud applications, on-premises, across virtual and physical systems, in remote systems, and on mobile devices.
The new Acronis solutions and technologies include:
- Acronis Backup 12 – World’s fastest backup protects the entire business, backing up data on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, and on mobile devices – available now. See related press release here.
- Acronis Backup Cloud – Built to easily fit within service provider environments with a comprehensive, yet simple, complete, and cost-effective hybrid backup and recovery solution that solves their customers’ data protection problems. Available now, click here for more information.
- Acronis Monitoring Service – Enables IT managers to monitor servers, networks, applications, and web sites with ease to identify performance problems, and make smarter IT decisions. Available now, click here for more information.
- Acronis Storage – Provides software-defined storage that supports any type and volume of data with reliable, resilient, self-healing features, enabling service providers to use cost-efficient, commodity hardware. Available in September, click here for more information.
- Acronis Notary – Delivers ‘tamper-proof’ data storage that leverages Blockchain to ensure data authenticity, privacy and control. Acronis will apply Blockchain technology to its solutions, which provides a record of digital events distributed across different participants or entities, and opens up a broad range of new data protection use cases for businesses worldwide. With Blockchain, data and transactions can only be updated by rules of consensus between participants in the system, and when new data is entered, it can never be erased. Acronis solutions leveraging Blockchain technology are scheduled to be available in October. You can see an online demo here today.
Acronis customers can select subscription-based pricing or perpetual licenses to protect any infrastructure, including physical, virtual and cloud.
For service providers and cloud resellers, Acronis delivers a set of multi-tenant, multi-tiered solutions that provide automation of services and complete control of provisioning, billing, monitoring and management, enabling partners with highly scalable solutions that can support millions of end users.
All Acronis solutions, including Backup, Disaster Recovery, File Sync & Share, Storage and Monitoring, are powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine – a set of unique, deep, and powerful data protection technologies that capture, store, recover, control, and access any data from any location. Acronis has over 5,000 petabytes of data under protection from over 500,000 business customers relying on Acronis because they just need data protection that works.
For partners and service providers that want to learn more about Acronis solutions, click here for more information.
- Liberland to Launch Online Startup Contest to Kick Off Smart Nation - February 23, 2017
- Blockchain Intelligence Group Launches QLUE Version Codename Deep Cove - February 23, 2017
- Lykke Crowdfunding – One -year Lykke Forward Offering - February 22, 2017
- Daimler AG Joins Hyperledger Blockchain Consortium as Premier Member - February 21, 2017
- Voatz and Clear Ballot to Explore Blockchain Technology for Remote Voting - February 20, 2017
- New Blockchain Smart Contract Token Developed By GameCredits - February 20, 2017
- Blockchain Could Be a New Operating System for the Planet Says Jeremy Wilson, Vice Chairman of Barclays Corporate Banking - February 20, 2017
- JAAK and the Guardian Initiative Announce MΞTA: A Blockchain Pilot for The Media & Entertainment Industry - February 18, 2017
- The StabL Project – Hadrien Charlanes Plans Stable Tokens and Derivative Products For Ethereum Blockchain - February 17, 2017
- Blockchain Energy Trading Trials Kickoff with Canada’s BTL Group and Austria’s Wien Energie - February 16, 2017
- Smart Dubai Office (SDO) and 1776 Launch Blockchain Challenge - February 16, 2017
- BOScoin, a New Cryptocurrency, Introduces “Trust Contracts” to Overcome the Shortcomings of Ethereum Smart Contracts - February 16, 2017
- European Commission Working on Blockchain – Plans Actively Seeking Pilot Partners - February 16, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Company SecureKey Awarded U.S. Department of Homeland Security Grant - February 16, 2017
- Microsoft and KPMG Cut Deal and Kickoff Blockchain Nodes in Frankfurt and Singapore - February 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 16, 2017
- Russian Blockchain Startup Exscudo Aims to Bridge Traditional Finances And The Cryptocurrency Market - February 15, 2017
- Active Year Ahead for Blockchain Solutions in Financial Services, says Corporate Insight - February 14, 2017
- BlockApps and Red Hat Cut Deal to Deliver Hybrid Cloud Solution for Blockchain Applications in the Enterprise - February 14, 2017
- Hyperledger Blockchain Turns One – Director Brian Behlendorf Updates - February 14, 2017
- The State Bank of India Initiates National Blockchain Bank Consortium - February 14, 2017
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) Introduces Real-Time Cross-Border Blockchain Payments - February 14, 2017
- China Turning Hard to Blockchain – Focus on Fraud Reduction - February 13, 2017
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to Kick Off Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon - February 13, 2017
- Hexayurt Capital presents the Internet of Agreements at the World Government Summit - February 13, 2017
- EquiChain – Blockchain for Emerging Markets Post-Trade - February 13, 2017
- UK Government Approves Tramonex Labs to Issue Currency on Blockchain - February 12, 2017
- US Congress Buckles Down With Blockchain – Launch Congressional Blockchain Caucus - February 11, 2017
- Nick Szabo: Some Private Blockchains Qualify as Bona Fide Blockchains - February 10, 2017
- Bitfury Group and Government of Georgia Expand Blockchain Land Titling Project - February 10, 2017
- Expanse Project Announces Launch of the Expanse Bond System (EBS) - February 10, 2017
- WISeKey to Establish IoT Blockchain Center of Excellence in New York - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Coinfirm Gets $700k Growth Equity Via VC Funding - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Health Startup Hashed Health Raises Nearly $2 Million in Initial Funding Round - February 10, 2017
- IBM Kicks Off Blockchain Initiative with Dubai Government - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Pioneer Medici Ventures Invests in Factom, Inc. - February 7, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Startup Equibit Raises Quarter Million Dollars in Day One of Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Grantcoin Foundation Distributes Universal Basic Income (UBI) Grants To 1,132 People In 79 Countries - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Chronobank partners with NEM to create ChronoNEM wallet - February 3, 2017
- dotBlockchain Music Project Announces Partners - February 2, 2017
- Switzerland Promises to Ease Rules for Fintech and Blockchain Startups - February 2, 2017
- Netherlands’ ING Bank Completes 27 Blockchain POCs - February 2, 2017
- South African Blockchain-Based AR Game nears $1 Million in ICO Funding Goal - February 2, 2017
- The Wall Street Blockchain Alliance Announces New Blockchain Assets Working Group - February 2, 2017
- Tel Aviv’s Colu Launches Local Digital Currency for Liverpool – East London Next - February 2, 2017
- South Africa Mulling Over Blockchain Digital Currency - February 2, 2017
- Nine in Ten Governments Investing in Blockchain by 2018 Says IBM Study - February 2, 2017
- NATO Awards Estonian Blockchain Company Guardtime Contract for Next-Generation Cyber Range - February 2, 2017
- Microsoft and Tierion Collaborate on Attestations and Blockchain Proofs - February 2, 2017
- Irish Funds and Deloitte Trial Blockchain Proof-of-Concept - February 2, 2017