IEEE, the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for humanity, and the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA), today announced the world’s first Advancing HealthTech for Humanity virtual Blockchain workshop, designed to enhance participants’ knowledge of Blockchain technology and platforms.
The virtual workshop, which launched on 22 September and runs through 21 October 2016, will help demystify Blockchain technology and give participants a better understanding of its capabilities, with an improved ability to address key challenges in healthcare today relating to privacy and security.
“This is a great opportunity to make a real impact and we are excited to be a part of it. By having experts involved, we decrease the time to possibly solve identified problems while increasing relevant and in-demand field skillsets”
IEEE-SA has partnered with precision medicine and patient-centric experts and platform providers to bring the first ever virtual Blockchain workshop, which welcomes healthcare practitioners, researchers, scientists, patient advocates, incentive designers, developers, students, and entrepreneurs interested in making an impact toward some of the real challenges in healthcare today.
“As a unifying force and a catalyst for advancing technology innovation and implementation, IEEE is ideally positioned to bring diverse stakeholders in the Blockchain ecosystem together to build consensus, support the standardization process, focus on education, and help advance Blockchain technologies,” said Greg Adamson, chair, IEEE Blockchain Special Interest Group, and president of the IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology.
“This event is perfectly timed as it seeks to advance the understanding, via real world usage, of the potential of distributed ledger technologies precisely when healthcare and life sciences industries are actively assessing the massive value of longitudinal health data exchange. If all goes to plan, outcomes and learnings from this collaborative event will make a real impact on the efficacy of its adoption curve,” said Michael Dillhyon, CEO of YouBase, Inc., creator of a Personal Health Information eXchange Layer (PIXL) that utilizes distributed ledger technologies.
“We’re delighted to participate in the IEEE Virtual Blockchain Workshop for HealthTech. We see Blockchain as a valuable general purpose technology, whose applications go far beyond the current focus in the finance sector,’ said Dr. Gideon Greenspan, Founder and CEO, Coin Sciences Ltd. “Blockchain is suitable for creating shared immutable databases in any field, and healthcare is undoubtedly an area with deep potential.”
Participants in the IEEE-SA’s Advancing HealthTech for Humanity virtual Blockchain workshop will gain a better understanding of several of the key challenges related to healthcare, develop a base level understanding of Blockchain technologies, and receive support to leverage participating Blockchain platforms available on the market today. Workshop challenges focus on areas such as patient anonymity, addressing the problem of counterfeit medicines, and patient-driven interoperability. Specific challenges for the first virtual workshop include:
- How can we use Blockchain-related technologies to drive patient-driven interoperability?
- Can Blockchain technology facilitate incentivization of data sharing between patients and researchers?
- Exploring the use of Blockchain technology to secure the drug supply chain against counterfeit medicines
- Can the healthcare Blockchain be used as a platform to aggregate the many different data stores patient data may live on?
“This is an innovative event that increases both awareness of a potentially game-changing technology in the context of real issues that the industry faces,” said Professor Kevin Clauson, PharmD and Associate Professor at the College of Pharmacy at Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN.
“This is a great opportunity to make a real impact and we are excited to be a part of it. By having experts involved, we decrease the time to possibly solve identified problems while increasing relevant and in-demand field skillsets,” added Professor Timothy Mackey, PhD, Director of GHPi and an Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Global Public Health at University of California, San Diego School of Medicine.
Selected submissions demonstrating progress toward achieving challenge statements will be recognized at the IEEE Computer Society’s Rock Stars of Emerging Technology event taking place on 2 November 2016 in El Segundo, CA.
To join, sponsor or learn more about this innovative event, visit Blockchain.ieee.org
Individuals interested in IEEE Collabratec™ Blockchain learning more about the IEEE’s Blockchain Special Interest Group, can visit: https://ieee-collabratec.ieee.org/app/community/102/activities
The IEEE Standards Association, a globally recognized standards-setting body within IEEE, develops consensus standards through an open process that engages industry and brings together a broad stakeholder community. IEEE standards set specifications and best practices based on current scientific and technological knowledge. The IEEE-SA has a portfolio of over 1,100 active standards and more than 500 standards under development. For more information visit http://standards.ieee.org.
IEEE is the largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities, IEEE is the trusted voice in a wide variety of areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers, and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power, and consumer electronics. Learn more at http://www.ieee.org.
- AB-CHAIN’s Cryptocurrency Makes Advertising Easy - September 25, 2017
- Gibraltar Jumps on Regulatory Bandwagon – Issues Consumer Warning on ICOs – Token Sales – But Gives Green Light - September 24, 2017
- From the Creator of ICOs – J.R. Willett Designs Uptoken – To Accelerate Expansion Of Global Crypto ATM Network - September 23, 2017
- Art Provenance Platform ARTEX Launching Token Sale - September 23, 2017
- Students Train for Blockchain Jobs at Coding and Cryptocurrencies Summer Course in Greece - September 23, 2017
- Central Banks are Trialling Blockchain, Cambridge Study Shows - September 23, 2017
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017