Marley Gray, Director, BizDev & Strategy – Cloud and Enterprise at Microsoft has blogged that nine new partners have joined up in their Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) platform – Jambucks, Bitswift, Storj, Vcash, Shadow, Blocknet, Blitz, Gamecredits and Okcash – all of which can be tested out in Azure DevTest labs.
The Blockchain team as been beefed up with two new BaaS bloggers as well – Yorke Rhodes, global business strategist, focused on our partner blockchain ecosystem will be providing updates for new and existing partners (BaaS updates) into the program as well as industry business insights. As well as Jason Albert, assistant general counsel at Microsoft focused on distributed ledgers from a legal, regulatory and compliance standpoint will be blogging about activities regarding our work with the Digital Chamber of Commerce, legislation, regulations and compliance issues in this space.
And Gray also announced that they have joined the Chamber of Digital Commerce.
The Digital Chamber is a new trade association focused on the possibilities and potential of distributed ledgers.
Companies small and large are increasingly exploring the potential of distributed ledgers, aka blockchains. Distributed ledgers, as their name suggests, consist of multiple online registers in which transactions can be recorded. Each transaction is tied to the previous one and verified through use of cryptography. This series of transactions comprises the blockchain. Blockchains provide tamper proof ledgers that multiple parties can agree upon creating a system of verified transactions and ownership.
Distributed ledgers have multiple potential uses. The virtual currency Bitcoin is the most famous at present, with the ownership and supply of Bitcoins controlled and verified through distributed ledgers. But, it is only the tip of the iceberg. Imagine real-time instantaneous direct transfers of money, smart contracts that can be entered into, verified, and performed online or decentralized patient record management. Distributed ledger technology can make all of these possible, as well as other forms of distributed applications.
At Microsoft, we’re focused on providing the best platform and home for distributed ledgers, bringing together the technological promise of blockchain with the power and capabilities of Azure, such as Azure KeyVault, multi-factor authentication, and more. We brought Blockchain as a Service to market with Ethereum in November of last year and since then have added over a forty partners. Most recently, the R3 consortium of over 40 major banks chose Microsoft Blockchain as a Service as their preferred platform to experiment and develop new blockchain-related offerings.
As we work with others in the industry to explore the promise of this technology, it is equally important to engage with regulators and policymakers as they think about distributed ledgers. Virtual currency is already the focus of regulatory interest at both the state and Federal level in the US as well as in other markets around the world. We welcome this, as it is vital that users be protected and virtual currencies not become a haven for criminal activity. But even as this particular application of distributed ledgers is regulated, it is important to recognize that other uses are still evolving or nascent, and need the freedom to develop and grow.
The Digital Chamber provides a vital and needed voice as regulatory frameworks develop. By bringing together companies at the forefront of the industry to share their experiences and plans, the Digital Chamber will help provide input into important public debates about the uses of distributed ledger technology and how to enable it to flourish while protecting the public. The Digital Chamber is also working on establishing training, education, and self-regulatory schemes to assist new entrants, helping to grow innovation across the industry. We look forward to working with the Digital Chamber and its members as use of distributed ledgers grows and evolves.
- Spotify acquires Blockchain Startup Mediachain Labs - April 29, 2017
- Trusted Identities in Blockchain Apps Shown to Work To Benefit Healthcare and Pharma - April 28, 2017
- Ten More Banks Join Ripple’s Global Payments Network - April 28, 2017
- Token.FM, First Blockchain-Based Direct-to-Fan Music Platform, to Launch Initial Trial in May, Opens Series A Round - April 28, 2017
- Mysterium To Build Blockchain-based VPN for Secure, Anonymous Internet Connection - April 28, 2017
- TaaS token crowdsale concludes with $7.7 million raised - April 28, 2017
- Humaniq Humanitarian Blockchain ICO breaks the $5 million barrier - April 28, 2017
- Exscudo, Blockchain Financial Services Provider Launches ICO - April 27, 2017
- Kibo Platforms’ Beta Version Be Launched in the Beginning of May - April 25, 2017
- Distributed Cloud Platform iEx.ec attracts $12M in Three Hours in ICO - April 25, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Working Group – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) – The Way Forward - April 25, 2017
- Blockchain App Humaniq’s HMQ Token to be Traded on Six Exchanges - April 24, 2017
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017