Leading integrated short-term financing services provider in Eastern China, Credit China Holdings Limited Vice-Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Yew Kiat Phang has recently stated in the Chinese Media that China will work with the Blockchain company BitFury to form a joint venture in China to study how to apply Blockchain technology in the country.
According to the CEO, they will start first to cover the main concepts, and then to move on to implement Blockchain into various markets in China. They must obtain approval from the People’s Bank and other regulatory bodies but they expect that to be cleared over the next year.
Phang said that the current government has begun to understand the multi-faceted Blockchain technology starting with the People’s Bank in 2014 exploring how to develop the use of electronic money of which blockchain is a key part of the technology.
In 2015, 13 per cent of all payments in China were made by mobile phone achieving over130 billion transactions, an increase of 200 per cent over 2014. The transaction amount reached 100 trillion yuan size with a growth rate of 350 per cent.
“I am optimistic about the future development,” stated Phang, who has a Masters degree in Business and Administration in International Business from the University of Bristol and a Bachelor’s degree of Engineering in Microelectronic Systems Engineering from the faculty of Technology of the University of Manchester.
See video interview with Phang here on CNBC.
BitFury is the leading, fully integrated Bitcoin infrastructure provider and Blockchain transaction processing company with offices in San Francisco and Amsterdam. The company develops and delivers both the software and the hardware solutions necessary to transfer highly secured applications on private and public blockchains.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019