Fermat, the highly anticipated decentralized and Blockchain-enabled open source project developing the Internet of People, today announced major upgrades to its technology and architecture, along with new partnerships following a productive 2016. Today, the Fermat project’s community boasts over 60 national and regional chapters worldwide, all of which have been established to mine IoP tokens in a highly decentralized way.
Launched in April 2016, Fermat’s vision is to enable direct device to device communication, independent of any entity or web server. Data will be stored on end user devices and applications will be built to interact with each other directly. This will be enabled via Person-to-Person apps as part of a new technological paradigm, referred to as the Internet of People, an ambitious vision from Founder Luis Molina.
Over the course of the last year, Fermat has successfully built and implemented the IoP token Blockchain, and distributed mining software and IoP Wallets. The key innovation at the Blockchain level is it’s unique mining scheme where mining licenses are issued to Fermat local chapters.
The latest technology to be released in Alpha is the Profile Server, the cornerstone of the Internet of People system. As a piece of the broader IoP architecture, the Profile Server will enable any user to discover another user’s profile and establish a device-to-device connection directly between them.
“Completing the development of the Profile Server is a significant milestone for the project, as it is an essential component of the Fermat infrastructure. This combined with the completion of our Location Based Network and Content Address Network puts us firmly on track to meet all of our development goals in 2017,” said Molina.
The Location Based Network (LOC NET) is the foundation for the geo-localised services Fermat will offer to entrepreneurs building IoP connected apps. Services built on the Fermat stack in the future will be able to partner with LOC NET nodes, and by doing so, these services will become geo-localized.
In 2017, the project has already attracted a number of reputable partners – Heimdall PE Partners AG, a Swiss advisory firm for investment vehicle structures and private equity; Tom Lyons, Founder of Lyons Communications, a Swiss-based communications agency specializing in Fintech; Søren Fog, CEO and Co-Founder of iprotus, a leading Blockchain consultancy; and Jeremy Epstein, CEO of Never Stop Marketing.
Based in Switzerland, Fabian Langaard and his team at Heimdall will be working to bring in additional investment for the Fermat project. Søren Fog, an established cryptocurrency and Blockchain expert based in the Crypto Valley will connect his current Blockchain projects to the Internet of People. Former UBS Communications specialist Tom Lyons has also joined the Fermat project consulting on the internal and external communications of the organization.
“One ambition of mine for 2017 was to expand our management team with world-class talent. I am delighted to welcome Heimdall PE Partners, Tom Lyons, Søren Fog and Jeremy Epstein to the Fermat project and I look forward to watching the project grow and succeed with their expertise and knowledge of their fields. The next step is to hire a full-time senior management team. The size of the project already demands it,” said Luis Molina, Founder of Fermat.
The Fermat Community is organized into local “Chapters” with currently over 60 located worldwide, including Australia, UAE, Canada, Brazil, Singapore, the UK, and within nearly all European countries. Led by a chapter president, each group is charged with advocating for the Fermat project within their country, region, or city, with tasks including running a testnet node, holding meet-ups, marketing the project, and mining IoP tokens. A mining license is shared among a chapter with additional licenses available as the chapter grows. Each chapter holding a license is entitled to run one mining node and receive IoP tokens from the IoP Blockchain as reward.
“Developing a global community is crucial to building a decentralized platform such as the Internet of People. We have seen a significant growth in interest from countries, states and metropolitan regions across the world since the Chapter network was established in November 2016 increasing our local chapters by over 20 month on month,” added Molina.
“Looking ahead into 2017, we aim to establish a successfully operating governance system, add additional members to our management team, meet our network infrastructure goals outlined in our roadmap, and further grow our community chapter network. I envision an extremely bright future for this project, where IoPs are a widely-traded token by the end of this year,” concluded Molina.
- OpenLedger’s Apptrade (www.apptrade.io), the platform creating “Kickstarter for Apps on the Blockchain”, has received a $100,000 USD boost from OpenLedger ApS, the world’s first blockchain powered conglomerate. Powered by the digital token APPX, Apptrade creates portfolios, or groups, of apps, where if one of those apps becomes the next Instagram or Angry Birds, then the value of the portfolio rises. Ronny Boesing, CEO of OpenLedger ApS, explained that Apptrade’s initial token offering (ITO) changed its valuation in the middle of its crowd sale as an immediate response to the result of its preliminary offering. Boesing said, “The Apptrade platform is much too important to not succeed, and it was clear that we needed to adjust the valuation to make it more appealing to anyone deciding to participate. In addition, we wanted to show our belief in this project, and felt that there was no better way to show this than putting our money where our mouth is. OpenLedger will be adding a total of $100 000 USD to the Crowdsale over the next 7 days.” The minimum fundraising goal is $1M USD with a cap of $5M USD. With a total of 8.25M APPX tokens on offer, OpenLedger’s Apptrade ApS will back these tokens with 20% of the future revenue from the Apptrade platform, and any unsold tokens will therefore be distributed proportionally to all participants. All early bird participants, as well new participants, will receive the extra tokens according to the published Stage 1 structure, plus benefit from the additional tokens to be divided. Daniel Pineda, Founder of Apptrade says, “After listening carefully to feedback from public and private supporters, and with great consideration, we decided to update our master token valuation. We firmly believe that our platform, built on the ecosystem of OpenLedger and powerful BitShares financial trading technology, is a strong Blockchain project that will be a success for years to come. We feel that this is the right action to ensure a satisfactory outcome for all.” Apptrade’s final valuation is going to be based on the amount raised, whether $1M USD as its threshold or money back guarantee, or the maximum of $5M USD. The valuation of the Apptrade platform will be determined on what is raised. The deadline according to the escrow agreement is set to end on April 30 2017. Boesing continued, “This approach and change of valuation resulted from requests from within the community, and we hope to accommodate many more participants. But one thing is clear to all of the Early Birds – this is your lucky day!” - March 27, 2017
- Factom Launches Revolutionary Blockchain Suite of Mortgage Products - March 24, 2017
- Qtum Shatters ICO Records Raising $15.6 Million - March 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Sphre Announces ICO (Crowdsale) for Digital Identity Platform Called Air - March 22, 2017
- Kestrel sign ups to MTI’s blockchain driven solutions to deliver global growth - March 22, 2017
- The G20 Countries Should Investigate Blockchain Technologies to Build an Inclusive, Transparent, and Accountable Digital Economy for All - March 21, 2017
- Particl, a Distributed Marketplace Rethinking Privacy’s Future – Announced Seed Round - March 21, 2017
- ZrCoin To Do Initial Coin Offering (ICO) to Crowdfunds Commodities Option - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s Scotiabank and AlphaPoint Announce Successful Blockchain Trial - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s SecureKey taps IBM to put identity on the Blockchain - March 21, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Humaniq Launches London Office - March 21, 2017
- QRL Recruits Testers for High Security Quantum-Resistant Blockchain - March 20, 2017
- Blockchain of Things, Inc. Releases Paw Advanced REST Client Integration - March 19, 2017
- ConsenSys Named Official Blockchain City Advisor for the City of Dubai - March 16, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Connect Enterprises with Open Source Blockchain Innovations - March 16, 2017
- Multi-Million Dollar Research Institute Launched to Explore Blockchain Use Cases, Opportunities and Challenges - March 16, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce Forms the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council - March 16, 2017
- Orebits & Symbiont Deploy Blockchain Technology to Digitize Gold Ownership - March 16, 2017
- Blockchain Capital to Raise its Third Fund via a Digital Token Offering in The First Liquidity-enhanced Venture Capital Fund - March 16, 2017
- The Exscudo Channels App Is A New Mobile Wallet And Secure Messenger - March 14, 2017
- Dao.Casino – Decentralising the Gambling Economy - March 14, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds American Internet Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver to Board of Advisors - March 14, 2017
- Nasdaq Releases NYIAX – A Blockchain-Enabled, Cloud-Based Media Trading Platform - March 14, 2017
- Lunyr Announces Crowdsale for the First Decentralized World Knowledge Base on Ethereum - March 14, 2017
- Coinsource, World’s largest bitcoin ATM network, Completes Historic Bulk Installation on US West Coast with 35 ATMs - March 14, 2017
- Bitwala Offers Bitcoin to M-Pesa Services in Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, and Tanzania - March 12, 2017
- US SEC Regulators Reject Bitcoin ETF, Price Plunges, Recovers - March 11, 2017
- Google’s DeepMind plans Blockchain Health Record Tracking for Hospitals - March 10, 2017
- Coalition Forms to Address Digital Asset Taxation Uncertainty - March 10, 2017
- Livecoin, the Fourth Largest Altcoin Exchange Is Now Available in Eight Languages - March 9, 2017
- Australia Releases Blockchain Standards Roadmap - March 6, 2017
- Hyperledger Fabric Graduates with Honours – It’s Live! - March 4, 2017
- TaaS, the First Fully Transparent Closed End Fund Dedicated to Blockchain Assets, Adds International Banking and Marketing Experts as Advisors - March 2, 2017
- Kraken Acquires Cryptowatch and Launches New Trading Platform - March 1, 2017
- Switzerland’s Crypto Valley Association Founded To Build World’s Leading Blockchain and Cryptographic Ecosystem - March 1, 2017
- Massive Launch by Blockchain Industry for New Enterprise Ethereum Alliance - March 1, 2017
- Monax Joins Hyperledger Project, Brings Ethereum Technology - February 28, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds Internet Pioneer and iPayYou Founder Gene Kavner to Board of Advisors - February 27, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce and Structured Finance Industry Group Partner to bring Blockchain to Securitization - February 27, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bloq Acquires Blockchain Analytics Pioneer Skry - February 27, 2017
- Edgeless.io Launches its ICO to become the first fully transparent Casino, Offering 0% Edge - February 27, 2017
- Storj Labs Raises $3 Million in Seed Funding - February 26, 2017
- Northern Trust And IBM Pioneer Use Of Blockchain Technology To Help Transform Private Equity Administration - February 26, 2017
- 0x – An Open Protocol for Decentralized Exchange on the Ethereum Blockchain - February 26, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 26, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Peerplays Raises $4m Before ICO Even Kicks Off - February 26, 2017
- Numerai Launches Cryptocurrency and New Hedge Fund Built By Data Scientist Network - February 26, 2017
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017