Fermat, the highly anticipated decentralized and Blockchain-enabled open source project developing the Internet of People, today announced major upgrades to its technology and architecture, along with new partnerships following a productive 2016. Today, the Fermat project’s community boasts over 60 national and regional chapters worldwide, all of which have been established to mine IoP tokens in a highly decentralized way.
Launched in April 2016, Fermat’s vision is to enable direct device to device communication, independent of any entity or web server. Data will be stored on end user devices and applications will be built to interact with each other directly. This will be enabled via Person-to-Person apps as part of a new technological paradigm, referred to as the Internet of People, an ambitious vision from Founder Luis Molina.
Over the course of the last year, Fermat has successfully built and implemented the IoP token Blockchain, and distributed mining software and IoP Wallets. The key innovation at the Blockchain level is it’s unique mining scheme where mining licenses are issued to Fermat local chapters.
The latest technology to be released in Alpha is the Profile Server, the cornerstone of the Internet of People system. As a piece of the broader IoP architecture, the Profile Server will enable any user to discover another user’s profile and establish a device-to-device connection directly between them.
“Completing the development of the Profile Server is a significant milestone for the project, as it is an essential component of the Fermat infrastructure. This combined with the completion of our Location Based Network and Content Address Network puts us firmly on track to meet all of our development goals in 2017,” said Molina.
The Location Based Network (LOC NET) is the foundation for the geo-localised services Fermat will offer to entrepreneurs building IoP connected apps. Services built on the Fermat stack in the future will be able to partner with LOC NET nodes, and by doing so, these services will become geo-localized.
In 2017, the project has already attracted a number of reputable partners – Heimdall PE Partners AG, a Swiss advisory firm for investment vehicle structures and private equity; Tom Lyons, Founder of Lyons Communications, a Swiss-based communications agency specializing in Fintech; Søren Fog, CEO and Co-Founder of iprotus, a leading Blockchain consultancy; and Jeremy Epstein, CEO of Never Stop Marketing.
Based in Switzerland, Fabian Langaard and his team at Heimdall will be working to bring in additional investment for the Fermat project. Søren Fog, an established cryptocurrency and Blockchain expert based in the Crypto Valley will connect his current Blockchain projects to the Internet of People. Former UBS Communications specialist Tom Lyons has also joined the Fermat project consulting on the internal and external communications of the organization.
“One ambition of mine for 2017 was to expand our management team with world-class talent. I am delighted to welcome Heimdall PE Partners, Tom Lyons, Søren Fog and Jeremy Epstein to the Fermat project and I look forward to watching the project grow and succeed with their expertise and knowledge of their fields. The next step is to hire a full-time senior management team. The size of the project already demands it,” said Luis Molina, Founder of Fermat.
The Fermat Community is organized into local “Chapters” with currently over 60 located worldwide, including Australia, UAE, Canada, Brazil, Singapore, the UK, and within nearly all European countries. Led by a chapter president, each group is charged with advocating for the Fermat project within their country, region, or city, with tasks including running a testnet node, holding meet-ups, marketing the project, and mining IoP tokens. A mining license is shared among a chapter with additional licenses available as the chapter grows. Each chapter holding a license is entitled to run one mining node and receive IoP tokens from the IoP Blockchain as reward.
“Developing a global community is crucial to building a decentralized platform such as the Internet of People. We have seen a significant growth in interest from countries, states and metropolitan regions across the world since the Chapter network was established in November 2016 increasing our local chapters by over 20 month on month,” added Molina.
“Looking ahead into 2017, we aim to establish a successfully operating governance system, add additional members to our management team, meet our network infrastructure goals outlined in our roadmap, and further grow our community chapter network. I envision an extremely bright future for this project, where IoPs are a widely-traded token by the end of this year,” concluded Molina.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017