Peerplays, a peer-to-peer gaming and wagering platform designed to displace traditional sportsbooks and online casinos, has raised US$4 million in donations from strategic parties in advance of its crowdfund which will begin today on Sunday, February 26, 2017.
“We’ve had a lot of proactive interest from various players since we launched our test net a few months ago,” said Jonathan Baha’i, President of the Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association (PBSA), “and Peerplays has now grown into an international multi-party effort. We decided to accept early donations from those whom we are confident will bring strategic momentum far beyond capital.”
On Peerplays, players will be able to wager bitcoin and other digital currencies on sporting events, casino games and online tournaments from anywhere in the world. Unlike traditional server-based gambling platforms, Peerplays is built on a Blockchain which allows players to securely compete against each other in a provably-fair gaming environment without the need for a casino middleman.
“Peerplays eliminates the high fees and counterparty risk of traditional gambling, and leverages smart contracts on the Blockchain to create a frictionless gaming experience.” said Baha’i.
“The token model is unprecedented,” said Michael Maloney, Director of Intelligence at PBSA, “because token holders control the Blockchain in every sense, from governance to proceeds. With Peerplays, each token holder receives reward payouts from every game played on the entire network, proportional to the amount of tokens they hold.
“This technology will compress the entire gaming industry into a single Blockchain,” said Maloney, “which is now recognized by large players in the space, many of whom we are in touch with.”
The Peerplays crowdfund starts at 15:00 UTC on February 26, 2017. All donations, which will be held by an independent third-party trustee on behalf of PBSA, will be used to encourage and support the continued development of Peerplays. Upon launch of the Peerplays Blockchain in spring 2017, players will be able to wager on games from anywhere in the world using the free downloadable app.
PBSA was incorporated in December 2016 as a non-profit association under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act) to encourage and support the development of the Peerplays Blockchain and to promote provably-fair gaming standards for the Peerplays Blockchain globally.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019