Peerplays, a peer-to-peer gaming and wagering platform designed to displace traditional sportsbooks and online casinos, has raised US$4 million in donations from strategic parties in advance of its crowdfund which will begin today on Sunday, February 26, 2017.
“We’ve had a lot of proactive interest from various players since we launched our test net a few months ago,” said Jonathan Baha’i, President of the Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association (PBSA), “and Peerplays has now grown into an international multi-party effort. We decided to accept early donations from those whom we are confident will bring strategic momentum far beyond capital.”
On Peerplays, players will be able to wager bitcoin and other digital currencies on sporting events, casino games and online tournaments from anywhere in the world. Unlike traditional server-based gambling platforms, Peerplays is built on a Blockchain which allows players to securely compete against each other in a provably-fair gaming environment without the need for a casino middleman.
“Peerplays eliminates the high fees and counterparty risk of traditional gambling, and leverages smart contracts on the Blockchain to create a frictionless gaming experience.” said Baha’i.
“The token model is unprecedented,” said Michael Maloney, Director of Intelligence at PBSA, “because token holders control the Blockchain in every sense, from governance to proceeds. With Peerplays, each token holder receives reward payouts from every game played on the entire network, proportional to the amount of tokens they hold.
“This technology will compress the entire gaming industry into a single Blockchain,” said Maloney, “which is now recognized by large players in the space, many of whom we are in touch with.”
The Peerplays crowdfund starts at 15:00 UTC on February 26, 2017. All donations, which will be held by an independent third-party trustee on behalf of PBSA, will be used to encourage and support the continued development of Peerplays. Upon launch of the Peerplays Blockchain in spring 2017, players will be able to wager on games from anywhere in the world using the free downloadable app.
PBSA was incorporated in December 2016 as a non-profit association under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act) to encourage and support the development of the Peerplays Blockchain and to promote provably-fair gaming standards for the Peerplays Blockchain globally.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019