Peerplays, a peer-to-peer gaming and wagering platform designed to displace traditional sportsbooks and online casinos, has raised US$4 million in donations from strategic parties in advance of its crowdfund which will begin today on Sunday, February 26, 2017.
“We’ve had a lot of proactive interest from various players since we launched our test net a few months ago,” said Jonathan Baha’i, President of the Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association (PBSA), “and Peerplays has now grown into an international multi-party effort. We decided to accept early donations from those whom we are confident will bring strategic momentum far beyond capital.”
On Peerplays, players will be able to wager bitcoin and other digital currencies on sporting events, casino games and online tournaments from anywhere in the world. Unlike traditional server-based gambling platforms, Peerplays is built on a Blockchain which allows players to securely compete against each other in a provably-fair gaming environment without the need for a casino middleman.
“Peerplays eliminates the high fees and counterparty risk of traditional gambling, and leverages smart contracts on the Blockchain to create a frictionless gaming experience.” said Baha’i.
“The token model is unprecedented,” said Michael Maloney, Director of Intelligence at PBSA, “because token holders control the Blockchain in every sense, from governance to proceeds. With Peerplays, each token holder receives reward payouts from every game played on the entire network, proportional to the amount of tokens they hold.
“This technology will compress the entire gaming industry into a single Blockchain,” said Maloney, “which is now recognized by large players in the space, many of whom we are in touch with.”
The Peerplays crowdfund starts at 15:00 UTC on February 26, 2017. All donations, which will be held by an independent third-party trustee on behalf of PBSA, will be used to encourage and support the continued development of Peerplays. Upon launch of the Peerplays Blockchain in spring 2017, players will be able to wager on games from anywhere in the world using the free downloadable app.
PBSA was incorporated in December 2016 as a non-profit association under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act) to encourage and support the development of the Peerplays Blockchain and to promote provably-fair gaming standards for the Peerplays Blockchain globally.
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen - February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 - February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020