Privacy coins, frequently dogged for associations with nefarious activities, may soon see a paradigm shift in their public perception with the announcement of a new privacy centered e-commerce platform today. Particl, a distributed marketplace, aims to facilitate global commerce and communication without third-party surveillance.
However, unlike marketplaces with a similar functionality, Particl will utilize a self-governance feature, similar to the voting system used on Reddit, to weed out nefarious parties within the network. Particl’s distributed governance mechanism poses a potential answer to questions of illegitimacy that have frequently plagued cryptocurrencies since their inception with Bitcoin in 2008.
Ryno Mathee, Particl’s lead developer, said that the need for confidentiality is a fundamental liberty and does not denote foul play.
“We firmly believe that privacy is a human right and want to give people across the world a means to chat and transact without being conflated with the negative actions of a few,” said Mathee. “We have poured hundreds of thousands of dollars and worked with one of the most respected law firms in the world to help realize this positive, privacy first future with Particl.”
Mathee is also the lead developer of the Shadow Project, an open source distributed privacy platform which will transition across to Particl’s marketplace alongside the majority of Shadow’s engineering team.
The Shadow Project was launched in 2014 as one of the first anonymity based marketplaces, boasting an encrypted chat room, a popular digital coin called Shadow Cash, and a cryptocurrency wallet.
According to Mathee, the Particl project is a manifestation of the Shadow Project’s innovation throughout the last two and half years. Particl will ultimately offer a more scalable and advanced privacy-centric marketplace for the community to move forward with.
Seed Round: Particl has announced its seed round, beginning Friday, March 17 and continuing one month until April 7. Owners of ShadowCash (SDC), will exchange their tokens for Particl’s cryptocoin, PART.
Shadow Cash will be the only way to become ‘part’ of the Particl network before the April launch of the blockchain. However, once the marketplace is live, it will be agnostic to all digital currencies.
Better Infrastructure: Included in his announcement, Mathee noted that his development team has finally completed the final prototype for the Umbra marketplace, the platform that is currently utilized in the Shadow Project. They will bring this model across to Particl, where it will be based on the new Bitcoin Core 0.3.12. Also integrated will be the same high-level privacy technology that is seen in the Shadow Project, with some additional unique Particl features that are soon to be launched.
Increased Resources: The team behind the Shadow Project was ostensibly part-time which put a ceiling on the long-term growth potential of the distributed marketplace. The majority of this team will now be transitioning on to Particl on a full-time basis, which will underpin the network with better conditions to mature. With financial backing, a cumulative goal of mainstreaming privacy in the most innovative way possible, Particl has a strong set of resources to move into the future with.
Go to their website to read the FAQs, where you can learn more about the movement toward privacy, the technology underpinning it, and details of the initial seed round.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017