Privacy coins, frequently dogged for associations with nefarious activities, may soon see a paradigm shift in their public perception with the announcement of a new privacy centered e-commerce platform today. Particl, a distributed marketplace, aims to facilitate global commerce and communication without third-party surveillance.
However, unlike marketplaces with a similar functionality, Particl will utilize a self-governance feature, similar to the voting system used on Reddit, to weed out nefarious parties within the network. Particl’s distributed governance mechanism poses a potential answer to questions of illegitimacy that have frequently plagued cryptocurrencies since their inception with Bitcoin in 2008.
Ryno Mathee, Particl’s lead developer, said that the need for confidentiality is a fundamental liberty and does not denote foul play.
“We firmly believe that privacy is a human right and want to give people across the world a means to chat and transact without being conflated with the negative actions of a few,” said Mathee. “We have poured hundreds of thousands of dollars and worked with one of the most respected law firms in the world to help realize this positive, privacy first future with Particl.”
Mathee is also the lead developer of the Shadow Project, an open source distributed privacy platform which will transition across to Particl’s marketplace alongside the majority of Shadow’s engineering team.
The Shadow Project was launched in 2014 as one of the first anonymity based marketplaces, boasting an encrypted chat room, a popular digital coin called Shadow Cash, and a cryptocurrency wallet.
According to Mathee, the Particl project is a manifestation of the Shadow Project’s innovation throughout the last two and half years. Particl will ultimately offer a more scalable and advanced privacy-centric marketplace for the community to move forward with.
Seed Round: Particl has announced its seed round, beginning Friday, March 17 and continuing one month until April 7. Owners of ShadowCash (SDC), will exchange their tokens for Particl’s cryptocoin, PART.
Shadow Cash will be the only way to become ‘part’ of the Particl network before the April launch of the blockchain. However, once the marketplace is live, it will be agnostic to all digital currencies.
Better Infrastructure: Included in his announcement, Mathee noted that his development team has finally completed the final prototype for the Umbra marketplace, the platform that is currently utilized in the Shadow Project. They will bring this model across to Particl, where it will be based on the new Bitcoin Core 0.3.12. Also integrated will be the same high-level privacy technology that is seen in the Shadow Project, with some additional unique Particl features that are soon to be launched.
Increased Resources: The team behind the Shadow Project was ostensibly part-time which put a ceiling on the long-term growth potential of the distributed marketplace. The majority of this team will now be transitioning on to Particl on a full-time basis, which will underpin the network with better conditions to mature. With financial backing, a cumulative goal of mainstreaming privacy in the most innovative way possible, Particl has a strong set of resources to move into the future with.
Go to their website to read the FAQs, where you can learn more about the movement toward privacy, the technology underpinning it, and details of the initial seed round.
- BlockMason Announces First SEC-Compliant Public American ICO - August 18, 2017
- Tightened EU Regulations Enabling Blockchain Technology in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain - August 18, 2017
- Mark Cuban Portfolio Company Unikrn Seeks to Sell $100 Million in UnikoinGold tokens - August 18, 2017
- Dash To Host Its First Ever Global Conference - August 17, 2017
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK - August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event - August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain - August 5, 2017
- 144,000 Free Spins up for grabs montly in BitStarz’s new Slot Battles! - August 5, 2017
- Stox Token Sale Raises $33 Million in 34 Hours – The Seventh Biggest of 2017 - August 4, 2017
- Swap Announces AIR Token Launch and AIRSWAP, a Decentralized, Peer-to-Peer Trading Platform - August 4, 2017
- investFeed Showcases First Version of Cryptocurrency-Based Social Investment Platform - August 3, 2017
- WePower Launches Blockchain-Powered Green Energy Platform and Token Sale - August 3, 2017
- DECENT Network introduces ATMChain - August 3, 2017
- Neufund Launches ICO Transparency Monitor to Judge ICOs Based on Smart Contract Design - August 3, 2017