Decentraland, a distributed platform for a shared virtual reality world in which participants navigate, discover, and interact with others, has today announced three strategic partnerships ahead of the token launch for ERC-20 token MANA, commencing August 17, 2017 and capped at $25 million USD.
Leading Chinese wallet imToken by ConsenLabs will offer Decentraland tokens for direct purchase via its app while also allowing users join the virtual world on mobile devices, Connext will enable supporters to purchase Decentraland tokens by credit card, while regulated financial service provider Bitcoin Suisse AG will offer KYC/AML services and a discount to purchasers.
In a related announcement, Decentraland has added Xiaolai Li, Founder of Blockchain-focussed venture capital company INBlockchain Inc, to its Board of Advisors.
Decentraland Project Lead Ari Meilich said:
“Decentraland is proud to partner with industry leaders imToken, Bitcoin Suisse, and Connext ahead of our highly-anticipated token launch. With strong global demand for our MANA tokens, Decentraland is confident that these partnerships will give our supporters easier access to participate in the token launch and more convenient trading along with enhanced services.”
Decentraland’s new partnership with leading Chinese mobile Ethereum wallet imToken will let imToken users safely participate in the Decentraland token launch directly through the ICO Pro DApp in the digital wallet. As one of the few mobile wallets compatible with Ethereum-based ICO tokens, imToken users can view the progress of the Decentraland ICO, including funds raised, amount of MANA tokens issued, and the number of contributors.
Following the token launch, Decentraland will be fully integrated as a DApp within imToken, letting supporters purchase MANA tokens via the wallet’s easy-to-use interface as well as store and trade their newly-purchased MANA tokens in the assets tab of their wallet.
In addition, imToken users will be able to access and engage in the Decentraland virtual world on their mobile devices, utilizing the DApp to create, experience, and monetize content and applications on the Decentraland platform.
Ari Meilich said:
“Decentraland has seen great interest from Chinese supporters and we are delighted that our partnership with imToken, the first Chinese Ethereum-based wallet, will enable them to safely participate via their PC, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. The partnership will also support Decentraland’s expansion into more markets due to the global popularity of the imToken wallet.”
ConsensLabs CEO Ben He:
“imToken defines itself by the value of its digital assets. As such, imToken is delighted to announce that it has selected to add Decentraland MANA tokens to its ecosystem of over one hundred-thousand discerning users.”
Through Decentraland’s partnership with Connext, MANA tokens will be available to purchase with credit cards. Connext will process credit card transactions and issue MANA tokens directly to users via a smart contract, helping to protect against fraud and charge reversal.
Ari Meilich said:
“We are focused on increasing accessibility to Decentraland’s virtual world and providing users with the best experiences possible. By avoiding the high friction associated with buying cryptocurrencies, Connext will help Decentraland better reach a wider audience that is unfamiliar with the cryptocurrency industry.”
Decentraland’s partnership with Bitcoin Suisse AG, a regulated financial service provider specializing in the decentralized financial markets and in crypto-assets, involves the company being entrusted with and ensuring an allocation of MANA tokens equivalent to $3,000,000 USD. Tokens allocated through Bitcoin Suisse will have a 40% discount included in the allocation rate of 24 USD/1000 MANA. These tokens will be offered and distributed to the public through Bitcoin Suisse AG on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Developers can build and monetize applications on the Decentraland platform and use MANA to buy LAND and other in-world goods and services. The value of LAND is based on its proximity to high-traffic hubs, and its ability to host in-demand applications. Decentraland has partnered with district0x, a collective of decentralized marketplaces and communities, to give users the ability to trade land in the secondary market. Although unclaimed LAND can be purchased at the same exchange rate (1,000 MANA = 1 LAND), differences in positions and traffic could potentially see LAND parcels trade at different prices on a secondary market.
Funds raised in the token launch will be distributed as follows: 50% will be reserved for development, 20% for research, 15% for marketing and community development, 10% for operations and business development, and the remaining 5% for legal costs. A Continuous Issuance stage will follow the conclusion of the token launch event, allowing a decreasing percentage of the initial supply of MANA to be bought from the smart contract each year, with limited supply over time. Decentraland intends to protect the token from inflation by making users burn MANA to claim LAND.
Decentraland has added INBlockchain Inc Founder and industry leader Xiaolai Li to its Board of Advisors. INBlockchain Inc is China’s premiere Blockchain venture firm offering consultation on Blockchain adoption, integration, technology, law, and software development. Xiaolai is also the Co-founder of Yunbi, one of the top five largest cryptocurrency exchanges, and Press.One, a decentralized publishing platform. Prior to INBlockchain Inc, Xiaolai was also an early investor in EOS, Sia, and ZCash.
Decentraland’s Board of Advisors also includes some of the industries’ most respected figures including Project Lead of Aragon Luis Cuende, Founder of CoinFund Jake Brukhman, and The Web Electric Corp Founder Diego Doval.
Ari Meilich said:
“Decentraland has seen a strong demand from the global community for participation in its token launch and virtual world. Our partnerships with industry leaders like imToken, Connext, Bitcoin Suisse, Aragon, and Zeppelin Solutions have positioned us firmly in the lead to becoming the first fully decentralized virtual economy that revolutionizes the gaming industry.”
Supporters can participate in the token launch directly via the Decentraland website on August 17, 2017 at 8pm EDT.
Further information and the Decentraland whitepaper is available at decentraland.org.
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017
- Arna Genomics Introduces A Revolutionary Solution For Cancer Diagnostics And Treatment Biotechnologies – Blockchain Ecosystem Arna Panacea. - September 14, 2017
- Vietnam’s largest smart vending machine operator Dropfoods plans to raise US$9 mil through Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - September 13, 2017
- The City of Boise and ULedger Enter Into Agreement - September 13, 2017
- DigitalTown Introduces Blockchain Platform for Smart Cities - September 13, 2017
- BlueCoin 2.0 Incorporates Bluetooth Transactions & Cold Staking on Bitcoin Code - September 13, 2017
- Algebraix Data, The Company Enabling Consumers to Own and Monetize Their Own Data, Announces SAFT for ALX Tokens, a New Cryptocurrency - September 13, 2017