Cardano Foundation, IOHK and Emurgo, the three partners responsible for the industrial-strength Blockchain Cardano today announce that Ada, Cardano’s cryptocurrency, will be tradable on Bittrex.
Cardano was designed by IOHK’s international team of leading experts, academics and cryptographers during the past two years and was inspired by the best features of existing cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum.
Of its many innovations, it is the first Blockchain to use a provably secure, proof of stake algorithm – the only one to have been academically peer reviewed by leading cryptographers through its acceptance to Crypto 2017, the world’s top cryptography conference.
Cardano is scalable and is designed in separate layers, to easily allow for future software upgrades.
The Ada cryptocurrency operates on its own Blockchain, while a second layer will run smart contracts, using a Haskell-inspired scripting language, called Plutus. The roadmap for Cardano incorporates major innovations such as a treasury and governance system to ensure future development, as well as sidechains, trusted hardware and the addition of metadata to allow for more sophisticated financial transactions so Cardano can interact with legacy financial systems.
Security has been at the forefront of design and rigorous academic and commercial best practices have been adhered to, such as peer review and formal methods used in the production of high assurance software for mission-critical systems.
From September 29th, Bittrex began accepting deposits of Ada, and from October 2nd, the almost 10,000 holders of Ada will be able to trade their tokens on one of the largest international exchanges.
Cardano is the first such cryptocurrency and Blockchain ecosystem built for the Asian market and Ada vouchers were distributed exclusively in Asia between September 2015 and January 2017. The sale event raised over $60m USD and was the first to follow compliance guidelines.
US-regulated Bittrex enables individuals and businesses to buy and sell next-generation cryptocurrencies and digital tokens. The exchanges offers fast trade execution, stable wallets and sophisticated security practices – strict compliance audits are carried on all new coin launches, ensuring that users can make informed trading decisions.
Cardano was founded by a group of cryptocurrency experts, investors and entrepreneurs in 2014. Input Output HK (IOHK), a world-class engineering and research company, was engaged to design and build the technology. IOHK is creating Cardano using the Haskell functional programming language, which is uniquely suited to underpinning a financial system thanks to its security advantages. Cardano Foundation is a Swiss non-profit and guardian of the Cardano ecosystem and community. It aims to proactively work with governments and regulatory bodies, as well as forming strategic partnerships with enterprises and other open-source projects to further global adoption of the technology. The final partner, Emurgo, will develop, support, and incubate commercial ventures that wish to build applications on Cardano.
The project is unique in addressing the need for regulatory oversight whilst maintaining consumer privacy and protections. Adoption across Asia will pave the way for Cardano to become a software stack that will provide accessible, peer-to-peer financial services services for people in developing regions who are currently excluded from traditional finance.
Extensive resources about the project are available on the Cardano Hub website and at Whycardano.com
Bittrex is the first exchange to list the Ada cryptocurrency, and will be followed by listings on other exchanges, including Bitt and Cryptopia. Additional exchanges, both international and regional will be announced in the coming months.
Michael Parsons, Chairman, Cardano Foundation, said: “The listing on Bittrex is an exciting stage in the development of the Cardano protocol and is another step towards realising a new world of decentralised applications.
“Cardano has the potential to democratise finance, particularly in emerging markets. Its Blockchain protects privacy while allowing for regulation and is built on a stable and secure platform.”
Charles Hoskinson, CEO of IOHK said:
“IOHK is proud to have provided the vision and technology for Cardano. It incorporates our groundbreaking proof-of-stake algorithm, Ouroboros, and the technology is highly innovative in the area of Blockchain. With a roadmap including many exciting features such a treasury system and trusted hardware, Cardano is uniquely placed to be sustainable and scalable.”
Bill Shihara, CEO and Co-Founder of Bittrex, said:
“We’re excited to launch the Cardano platform on our exchange. The Ouroboros Praos protocol that was developed as the basis for Cardano uses a provably secure method for the proof-of-stake protocol.”
- Sun Exchange Raises $1.6 Million Seed Investment to Catalyze Global Shift to Solar Power - October 22, 2017
- Brickblock And Nakamo.to Announce Partnership To Fuse Real-world Asset Trading With The Potential Of IOTA’s Tangle Network - October 22, 2017
- Wirex inks deal with SBI Holdings to establish Asia focussed joint venture – Japanese cryptocurrency payments card expected soon - October 22, 2017
- CrowdWiz successfully raises over $5 million in its pre sale to bring democracy to investing by cutting out the middleman - October 22, 2017
- Soma – launches ICO to tackle marketplace fraud and disrupt the $1.7 trillion global second-hand goods industry - October 22, 2017
- LiveEdu.tv Launches ICO and Announces Presale - October 22, 2017
- Yetta announces ICO of European Commission funded Blockchain Research and Development - October 22, 2017
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain - October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE - October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime - October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor - October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 - October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO - October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action - October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research - October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project - October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups - October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology - October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content - October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System - October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” - October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses - October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets - October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 - October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry - October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO - October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager - October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! - October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets - October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange - October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017