BLOCKv recently announced it has added visionary futurist Peter Diamandis and successful serial entrepreneur and prolific angel investor Gil Penchina to its Board of Advisors. The additions of Diamandis and Penchina bring the number of BLOCKv advisors to 13, including blockchain and tech pioneers; financiers and venture capitalists; marketing and media experts; and more.
Peter H. Diamandis is one of the world’s most prominent futurists and entrepreneurs, best known for being the founder and chairman of the X Prize Foundation, the co-founder and executive chairman of Singularity University and the co-author of The New York Times bestsellers “Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think,” and “BOLD: How to Go Big, Create Wealth, and Impact the World.” He is also the former CEO and co-founder of the Zero Gravity Corporation, the co-founder and vice chairman of Space Adventures Ltd., the founder and chairman of the Rocket Racing League, the co-founder of the International Space University, the co-founder of Planetary Resources, founder of Students for the Exploration and Development of Space, and vice-chairman and co-founder of Human Longevity, Inc.
Gil Penchina is a serial entrepreneur, angel and cryptocurrency investor, whose portfolio of 100+ startups includes Brave, Ripple, Filecoin, Civic, EOS and he was actually an angel investor in the first cryptocurrency startup, Paypal in 1999. He is currently a partner at Ridge Ventures. Prior to Ridge, he co-founded Fastly, was the CEO of Wikia, Inc., and spent eight years at eBay, rising to the role of vice president and general manager of eBay’s international business. Gil also worked at Bain & Co and General Electric.
“BLOCKv is thrilled to tap into the wealth of knowledge that Peter, Gil and all the rest of our advisors bring to the blockchain space, as they are all highly-regarded visionaries and leaders in their respective fields,” said Reeve Collins, CEO of BLOCKv. “As we approach our Token Generation Event, and start building a global community of developers, we know that our advisors support will instrumental in delivering this platform to the world.”
The additions of Diamandis and Penchina to BLOCKv’s board come at a watershed moment in the history of blockchain sector, and just prior to the company’s Token Generation Event on October 12. Diamandis believes that BLOCKv is the catalyst for helping the blockchain achieve its “user interface moment” – the creation and implementation of interface software that makes interactions with blockchain technology more dynamic and easy to use. He equates this moment to how the Internet went mainstream after Marc Andreessen created Mosaic, or the renaissance of the smartphone when Apple created an environment for developers to build mobile apps.
“Every great exponential technology has an ‘interface moment’ when its potential to affect humanity is unleashed. I believe that BLOCKv has created the interface moment for blockchain and, in doing so, will usher in unprecedented consumer usage, business development and revenue-generating potential for the blockchain — similar to how the browser transformed the Internet,” said Diamandis. “As an avid and active member of the bitcoin community, I have been waiting for a company like BLOCKv to come along and unlock the true potential for the blockchain as more than just a ledger technology. I am proud to join the company’s advisory board and guide them through this incredible transformation.”
“I’ve invested in numerous transformational companies over the years, and BLOCKv possesses all the the necessary assets needed to excel in terms of its seasoned executives, solid company vision, robust technology platform and outstanding market potential,” said Penchina. “BLOCKv’s approach to using blockchain technology to enhance the rapidly growing digital goods industry is truly remarkable, and I am certain the company will redefine how the world collects, owns and utilizes digital assets.”
David Drake, chairman of LDJ Capital and another high-profile BLOCKv advisor, commented:
“BLOCKv is the blockchain’s leading global platform for the creation of decentralized, secure and dynamic virtual objects. Reeve Collins has an innovator’s foresight. He is leading the advancement of the blockchain and cryptocurrency space with a hedge fund trader’s mentality, and ensuring that BLOCKv is at the forefront of creating immersive, digital asset-based virtual reality offerings.”
Diamandis, Penchina and Drake join 10 other prominent BLOCKv advisors including:
Brock Pierce: Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation; co-founder of Blockchain Capital; co-founder and Head of Strategy at Block.one; founding board member of Mastercoin.
Walter Kortschak: Executive chairman and managing member at SignalFire; senior advisor and former managing partner of Summit Partners, a private equity and venture capital firm; producer and principal at EndCue, a film production company.
Alex Lightman: CEO of Millennium Energy Corporation; CEO of Token Communities Plc.; advisor to Science, Academy for Blockchain Technology, Phireon, Passport Cities, and others.
Richard D. Titus: CEO of Andronik, Ltd.; co-founder to startups and digital agencies including; Prompt.ly, Razorfish, Schematic and Videoplaza; investor and strategic ICO advisor to AdEx, Pillar, Hive Project, PO.ET, Science Blockchain, Omega One, Experty, RevealIt, Sun Exchange, Snip and Guardium.
Joe Polish: President of Piranha Marketing Inc.; founder of the Genius Network (also known as the 25K Group) and creator of Genius Network interview series; co-founder of ILoveMarketing.com and 10XTalk.com, two highly popular free podcasts on iTunes.
Xin Chung: Technology entrepreneur and VR pioneer, founder of SofaVR and TrustCloud.
Jeff Holden: Chief Product Officer at Uber; former SVP of Product at Groupon; former SVP of Worldwide Discovery at Amazon; former CEO of Pelago, an early-stage consumer products startup.
Emmanuel Seuge: Founder of CASSIUS.Family, an early-stage VC fund; previously a twenty-year employee at Coca-Cola, including SVP for content marketing and VP of global alliances and ventures.
Sam Englebardt: Managing director at Galaxy Investment Partners; former founder at See Ventures; former partner/managing director at Lambert Media Group; co-founder and CEO of Demarest Films.
Mike Costache: Founder of the Blockchain Investors Consortium (BIC); board member of Token-as-a-Service (TaaS), the first ever tokenized, closed-end fund dedicated to investments in blockchain assets; co-chair, d10e Conference, the leading conference on decentralization; CEO & founder of TimeWare Solutions; co-founder and managing partner of KrowdMentor, a strategic investment and advisory firm for blockchain investors, funds, startups and entrepreneurs.
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale - October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology - October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy - October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign - October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens - October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry - October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers - October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced - October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance - October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency - October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response - October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence - October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand - October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs - October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board - October 10, 2017