Following a successful token sale of SNT raising more than $100M in less than three hours, Status, the first ever mobile Ethereum client built entirely on peer-to-peer technologies, is currently making three big announcements at DevCon3.
Status is announcing the beta for Status Hardwallet for wireless wallet transactions, introducing a new COO who joins Status from Google, and also launching an open bounty with $1M bounty fund dedicated to open source projects.
Status is an open source mobile platform that serves as a gateway to decentralized apps (DApps) and services built on Ethereum. The base offering enables access to encrypted messages, smart contracts, digital currency, and more.
Status Hardwallet Beta Invites Available
Existing crypto-wallets require a wired connection to perform currency transactions. As cryptocurrency becomes mainstream, there’s a need for seamless and secure crypto transactions. Status Hardwallet is in development and will allow users store, send, and receive cryptocurrencies contactlessly with built-in NFC.
Status Hardwallet offers a highly secure, flexible transaction platform that is:
- Mobile-ready: Simply use NFC with the Status Wallet
- Engineered for security: Status Wallet isolates your private keys for more security
- Compatible with all major cryptocurrencies: Status Hardwallet works with virtually everything, including ERC20 tokens and much more
- Open source: Users can edit the code so Status Hardwallet meets their specific needs and requirements
New COO Nabil Naghdy Joins From Google
Before the successful token sale Status had a 11 team members, now three months later the team has grown to nearly 40 and is still hiring.
Today, Status announces that after successfully leading Google Maps and Google Flights products, long-time “Googler” Nabil Naghdy is joining the team as Chief Operating Officer. With experience creating products built for over a billion users, Nabil’s mission will be charting the vision, roadmap, and execution of the Status product as it moves into beta and beyond.
“As part of an explosive, nascent product category, Status and the Ethereum ecosystem are at an inflection point,” said Nabil. “Fortunately, there’s an exceptionally active community pushing blockchain and Ethereum toward a bigger stage. We’re leading the space and making headway in bringing blockchain to the mainstream.”
Status Open Bounty and $1M bounty fund dedicated to open source projects
Status Open Bounty launches as a bounty-based, open source collaboration tool that gives users the power to find, contribute, and receive rewards for code contributions—and provides a useful method for organizations to source talent by creating bounties.
Created with the primary goal of making it easier and more convenient to participate in bounty-based projects, Status Open Bounty:
- Rewards code contributions on chosen projects
- Pays rewards in the cryptocurrency of one’s choice (Eth and ERC20), without the exchange rates or third-party fees
- Provides quick setup and bounty payouts as it plugs directly into GitHub
Starting today, Status is making a pledge of $1M dedicated to open source projects that will be released over the coming months. Get started on the latest bounties at Status Open Bounty.
“Status is fully committed to making decentralization a reality,” said Carl Bennetts, Status Co-Founder. “We are aware that there are challenges and there is a lot of work to be done, but our goal remains to create an Ethereum-powered world for all. We will continue to invest ourselves in the future of blockchain and push to build a strong open source community.”
Status is a decentralized browser, with built in chat and wallet functionality that makes it easy for anyone to access the decentralized web. With the high-level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017