SyncFab, a San Francisco-based company providing a platform that matches manufacturers with nearby machine shops that supply precision components, announced on Jan. 1 the launch of their public pre-sale of a token, called MFG, on the Ethereum blockchain.
SyncFab has developed the token in partnership with Smart MFG Tech Ltd., a UK firm that provides engineering services and software for manufacturers.
Smart MFG Tech Director Hikaru Yuki said in a statement, “Smart MFG Tech is very excited to be working together with SyncFab on this important undertaking in a lynchpin industry for blockchain. A 2017 Deloitte executive survey reported the highest number of industry leaders exploring blockchain solutions for implementation in the manufacturing and supply chain industries and we expect this trend to continue to lead in blockchain use cases both in number and business feasibility going into 2018 and beyond.”
SyncFab’s existing business aims to reduce emissions and waste in manufacturers’ supply chain. SyncFab’s MFG token is designed to incentivize manufacturers to request quotes and parts from small, local machine tooling shops as opposed to larger, more distant, and less-green providers. The MFG token mechanics are designed to enhance cost savings for large manufacturers and increase utilization and efficiency for local, small scale machine tooling shops. The MFG token will be used in order bidding and tracking to enhance transparency and the desirability of local manufacturing.
Jeremy Goodwin, founder and CEO of SyncFab, said in a statement, “We have received overwhelming support from end users and industry professionals regarding our plan to implement digital tokens to incentivize working class manufacturers to adopt our blockchain solutions. Now with our public presale, we look forward to widening the scale of our offering and boosting utilization rates in small independent machine shops and enhancing cost savings for large industrial buyers.”
An earlier, private presale was conducted during the month of December for industry participants and qualified hardware innovators, Syncfab disclosed in a press release emailed to news outlets. This subsequent presale is open to the public and requires no minimum purchase. To find out more about SyncFab and the MFG Presale, visit https://tokensale.syncfab.com/.
- KodakCoin ties up with Overstock’s tZERO Security Token Trading Platform - January 23, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Raises $30M in Presale to Add Security Tokens in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- StormX Adds New EVP of Business Development and User Acquisition Head - January 18, 2018
- Retainly Announces New Retail Partners Including Carrefour Brazil, Aliexpress - January 18, 2018
- Jibrel Network Announces jCash for Regulated, Asset-Backed Smart Contracts - January 17, 2018
- Overstock’s tZERO Announces Polymath to Advise ICO on Securities Law - January 16, 2018
- OriginTrail Launches Presale in ICO for Supply Chain Traceability - January 16, 2018
- Lykke Partners With Bangladesh Government - January 15, 2018
- DASH Joins BitINKA for Latin America Crypto Exchange and Remittance - January 13, 2018
- Shopin, iExec Partner to Enhance Retail Consumer Data Experience - January 12, 2018
- Bitnovo Partnership Brings Dash to 10,000 Spanish Retailers - January 11, 2018
- Crypto Valley Association Releases ICO ‘Code of Conduct’ - January 11, 2018
- Kodak and WENN Digital Announce ICO to Put Photo Licensing on the Blockchain - January 11, 2018
- Gibraltar Exchange Announces ICO for Regulated Token Sale and Exchange Platform - January 10, 2018
- Voatz Raises $2.2M Seed Funding With Overstock’s Medici Ventures - January 9, 2018
- BABB Names New CIO From UK’s Aldermore Bank - January 7, 2018
- OmiseGO CEO Joins Electrify.Asia Advisory Board - January 4, 2018
- Crypterium ICO Reports 50,000 Participants - January 4, 2018
- Proof of Steak: BeefCoin Wants More Organic Meat in Moscow - January 3, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Point-of-Sale Hardware Ahead of ICO - January 3, 2018
- SyncFab Supply Chain Token Presale Launches - January 3, 2018
- WINGS Launches Beta Testnet for Crowdsourcing ICO Evaluation - January 3, 2018