Decentralized IT security marketplace PolySwarm today announced an investment from leading cryptocurrency investment firm, BlockTower Capital. The company, whose objective is to incentivize information security experts to build anti-malware engines that compete to protect against threats, last Monday announced that Los Angeles-based startup studio, Science Inc. would be investing in its plans to disrupt the USD 8.5 billion cyber threat intelligence industry.
BlockTower Capital launched in August, raising $140 million from backers including Union Square Ventures LLC and Andreessen Horowitz to bring professional trading and portfolio management to emerging digital assets.
Polyswarm will join the Science Inc. portfolio alongside brands like Medium, Dollar Shave Club, and Wealthfront, and will be primarily supported by the fintech incubator Science Blockchain, said the company’s statement.
Polyswarm’s founders are also behind Narf Industries LLC, which recently completed a blockchain-based identity management and security project for the US Department of Homeland Security and DARPA, the advanced research division of the US military.
The platform aims to disrupt the existing subscription based digital security services model and instead reward users for reporting malware threats as they happen and developers for designing and implementing effective protections, making the battle against malicious code safer, faster and more cost effective, according to the statement.
The Polyswarm advisory board includes former McAfee CIO Mark Tonnesen alongside a host of cybersecurity experts including Dan Guido, Chris Eagle, Dr. Sergey Bratus, and Carl Hoffman, stated the company.
CEO of PolySwarm Steve Bassi said, in a statement: “BlockTower Capital’s support is a huge vote of confidence for PolySwarm’s mission to decentralize IT security through cryptocurrency-based incentives,” said Steve Bassi, CEO of PolySwarm, in a statement. “We look forward to building on this momentum as we prepare for our public token sale launching February 20.
Science Inc. and Science Blockchain’s investment in PolySwarm reinforces the call for disruption in the threat detection industry. We look forward to putting Science’s investment to good use as we build a global network of security experts to tackle today’s increasingly sophisticated malware.”
The PolySwarm market runs on Nectar (NCT), an ERC20-compatible utility token.
To learn more about Polyswarm, visit https://polyswarm.io/.
- bitJob Teams With Dutch Government for 2018 Pilot Scheme - February 16, 2018
- Arise Travel Launches Decentralized Hotel Distributors Network, in Beta - February 16, 2018
- IVEP Announces Whitelist for Interactive Video Advertising Protocol - February 15, 2018
- Blockchain in OTT Video Advertising: IAB Whitepaper - February 13, 2018
- Po.et Releases Frost API for Easy Timestamping of Creative Assets - February 13, 2018
- BlockTower Capital and Science Inc. Invest in Polyswarm - February 12, 2018
- BerkleeICE’s Open Music Initiative to Host Music and Rights Management Blockchain Events - February 9, 2018
- CVProof.Com Leverages Blockchain to Cut Job Application Fraud - February 9, 2018
- Halsay Minor and All-Star Cast Launch Decentralized VideoCoin Network - February 8, 2018
- Trustabit Launches Token Sale to Take the Frustration out of Airline Vouchers - February 8, 2018
- Energy Web Foundation Adds 27 New Strategic Partners, £17m Raised to Date - February 7, 2018
- IEEE to Host Blockchain for Clinical Trials Forum - February 6, 2018
- Bee Token and Decentralized Insurance Platform WeTrust Join Forces - February 2, 2018
- Cloud Computing Platform aelf Lists on Bitfinex Exchange - February 1, 2018
- Jose Lindo to Head up Climatecoin - February 1, 2018
- Ripple Gains More Remittance Partners, Highlights Strongest Quarter Ever for XRP - January 31, 2018
- Earn.com Airdrops to aid Token Launches - January 30, 2018
- Codex Launches Art Market Blockchain Protocol - January 29, 2018
- OriginTrail ICO Reaches Hard Cap in Presale, Raises $22.5m in Just 18 Minutes - January 26, 2018
- Anthony Di Iorio and big Name Cast at Polymath’s First Security Token Conference - January 25, 2018
- Faceter Announces Surveillance ICO - January 24, 2018
- Wanchain Launches Mainnet: World’s First Platform for Private, Cross-chain Smart Contracts - January 24, 2018
- Arbitrage set for a Shake-up? Arbidex Platform Launches ICO After $6m Presale - January 23, 2018
- Cryptocurrency giant NEO invests $3m in PikcioChain - January 23, 2018
- KodakCoin ties up with Overstock’s tZERO Security Token Trading Platform - January 23, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Raises $30M in Presale to Add Security Tokens in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- StormX Adds New EVP of Business Development and User Acquisition Head - January 18, 2018
- Retainly Announces New Retail Partners Including Carrefour Brazil, Aliexpress - January 18, 2018
- Jibrel Network Announces jCash for Regulated, Asset-Backed Smart Contracts - January 17, 2018
- Overstock’s tZERO Announces Polymath to Advise ICO on Securities Law - January 16, 2018
- OriginTrail Launches Presale in ICO for Supply Chain Traceability - January 16, 2018
- Lykke Partners With Bangladesh Government - January 15, 2018
- DASH Joins BitINKA for Latin America Crypto Exchange and Remittance - January 13, 2018
- Shopin, iExec Partner to Enhance Retail Consumer Data Experience - January 12, 2018
- Bitnovo Partnership Brings Dash to 10,000 Spanish Retailers - January 11, 2018
- Crypto Valley Association Releases ICO ‘Code of Conduct’ - January 11, 2018
- Kodak and WENN Digital Announce ICO to Put Photo Licensing on the Blockchain - January 11, 2018
- Gibraltar Exchange Announces ICO for Regulated Token Sale and Exchange Platform - January 10, 2018
- Voatz Raises $2.2M Seed Funding With Overstock’s Medici Ventures - January 9, 2018
- BABB Names New CIO From UK’s Aldermore Bank - January 7, 2018
- OmiseGO CEO Joins Electrify.Asia Advisory Board - January 4, 2018
- Crypterium ICO Reports 50,000 Participants - January 4, 2018
- Proof of Steak: BeefCoin Wants More Organic Meat in Moscow - January 3, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Point-of-Sale Hardware Ahead of ICO - January 3, 2018
- SyncFab Supply Chain Token Presale Launches - January 3, 2018
- WINGS Launches Beta Testnet for Crowdsourcing ICO Evaluation - January 3, 2018