Decentralized IT security marketplace PolySwarm today announced an investment from leading cryptocurrency investment firm, BlockTower Capital. The company, whose objective is to incentivize information security experts to build anti-malware engines that compete to protect against threats, last Monday announced that Los Angeles-based startup studio, Science Inc. would be investing in its plans to disrupt the USD 8.5 billion cyber threat intelligence industry.
BlockTower Capital launched in August, raising $140 million from backers including Union Square Ventures LLC and Andreessen Horowitz to bring professional trading and portfolio management to emerging digital assets.
Polyswarm will join the Science Inc. portfolio alongside brands like Medium, Dollar Shave Club, and Wealthfront, and will be primarily supported by the fintech incubator Science Blockchain, said the company’s statement.
Polyswarm’s founders are also behind Narf Industries LLC, which recently completed a blockchain-based identity management and security project for the US Department of Homeland Security and DARPA, the advanced research division of the US military.
The platform aims to disrupt the existing subscription based digital security services model and instead reward users for reporting malware threats as they happen and developers for designing and implementing effective protections, making the battle against malicious code safer, faster and more cost effective, according to the statement.
The Polyswarm advisory board includes former McAfee CIO Mark Tonnesen alongside a host of cybersecurity experts including Dan Guido, Chris Eagle, Dr. Sergey Bratus, and Carl Hoffman, stated the company.
CEO of PolySwarm Steve Bassi said, in a statement: “BlockTower Capital’s support is a huge vote of confidence for PolySwarm’s mission to decentralize IT security through cryptocurrency-based incentives,” said Steve Bassi, CEO of PolySwarm, in a statement. “We look forward to building on this momentum as we prepare for our public token sale launching February 20.
Science Inc. and Science Blockchain’s investment in PolySwarm reinforces the call for disruption in the threat detection industry. We look forward to putting Science’s investment to good use as we build a global network of security experts to tackle today’s increasingly sophisticated malware.”
The PolySwarm market runs on Nectar (NCT), an ERC20-compatible utility token.
To learn more about Polyswarm, visit https://polyswarm.io/.
- Everipedia Prepares June Airdrop Supported by Multiple Crypto Exchanges - May 25, 2018
- Future of Global Trade: 250 Experts Polled on Tech, Finance & Blockchain - May 22, 2018
- KODAKCoin SAFT Launches Today - May 21, 2018
- Stratis Announces Alpha Release of Smart Contracts in C# - May 21, 2018
- Pan-African FinTech Firm Cellulant Raises $47.5 Million, Scales up Blockchain Division - May 18, 2018
- Deloitte Showcases Blockchain Projects at Consensus 2018 - May 17, 2018
- ConsenSys Teams up with Amazon to Deliver Streamlined Access to Blockchain - May 17, 2018
- Coinify to Broker Funds Raised in Blockshipping ICO - May 17, 2018
- Deloitte Survey Numbers Demonstrate Executive Faith in Blockchain - May 16, 2018
- Flyingcarpet Counts Coconuts in Papua New Guinea in ‘World First’ Demo - May 15, 2018
- Devcash Blockchain Clocks in at 2.5 Million Transactions per Second - May 15, 2018
- Verv Partners with Ocean Protocol for Improved Consumer Energy Data - May 15, 2018
- Energi Mine Launches Beta Version of Energy-Saving Rewards Program - May 15, 2018
- Shyft Whitepaper Outlines New Standards for Regulatory Compliance - May 14, 2018
- Stratis Announces Zero Fee Platform for Launching ICOs - May 11, 2018
- CG Blockchain Closes $31 Million Public Sale for Crypto Terminal - May 11, 2018
- New York Stock Exchange Owners Prepare Bitcoin Trading Platform - May 10, 2018
- QUOINE to Launch ICO Mission Control for Better Token Sales - May 9, 2018
- Pundi X to Accept Michael Owen’s Celebrity Coin at POS Terminals - May 9, 2018
- Bezant Content Sharing Platform Closes $16.8 Million Presale in Under One Hour - May 8, 2018
- Overstock.com and tZERO Refocus Management Positions as Growth Accelerates - May 8, 2018
- World’s Major Automakers Mobilize on Blockchain for New Initiative - May 7, 2018
- Winklevoss’ Gemini Exchange Partners with Nasdaq for Financial Surveillance Tech - May 4, 2018
- CoinList Announces Airdrops with Focus on US Securities Compliance - May 4, 2018
- IBM Announces Cross-Industry Initiative to Track Finished Jewelry - May 3, 2018
- FuzeX To Enable Debit Card Style Payments in Energi Mine Tokens, Fiat Coming Soon - May 1, 2018
- Eximchain Reveals YOOsourcing Partnership, Launches Supply Chain Testnet - May 1, 2018
- Nasdaq CEO Amenable to Crypto Exchange: Reaction - April 30, 2018
- DAV Secures Major Investment From Block Crafters Capital Ahead of ICO - April 30, 2018
- AdLedger, IBM & Salon Are Building a Better Digital Advertising Blockchain - April 27, 2018
- Liquidity.Network Set to Launch Off-Chain Ethereum Microtransactions - April 26, 2018
- Neufund Joins Malta in Developing Tokenized Security Ecosystem - April 26, 2018
- Fan Controlled Football League Signs New Alchemy to Manage Upcoming ICO - April 25, 2018
- Lithuania Prepares Remote LLC Registration and Management for 2019 - April 20, 2018
- Ilmatic Announces Wearable Hot Wallet For Real-World Crypto Payments - April 20, 2018
- Havven Launches eUSD Stablecoin - April 20, 2018
- Energy Web Foundation Unveils Powerful New Tools - April 17, 2018
- Myndshft Releases Blockchain-Based Machine Learning Process Automation Tool - April 17, 2018
- Crowdsourcing Blockchain Solution Dataeum Announces ICO For User Generated Data Sharing - April 16, 2018
- ShareRing Nets $3.8 Million In Seed Funding, Prepares Token Generation Event - April 16, 2018
- ELECTRIFY Sponsors NEUTRINO Coworking Space, Ethereum Community Fund - April 13, 2018
- EUIPO to Host EU Blockathon With €100K Prize to Fight IP Crimes - April 12, 2018
- Origin Protocol Partners With NuCypher to Add Security Layer to Decentralized Gig Economy - April 12, 2018
- ONEm Seeks to Bring Internet to Rural Africa via Blockchain-Powered SMS - April 12, 2018
- Live Charity Auction to put Artworks on Codex Blockchain at ConsenSys Ethereal Summit - April 11, 2018
- Virtual World Developer MARK.SPACE Secures $11M From New Strategic Investors - April 11, 2018
- Kiddie Crypto: Cubetto & Kano Learning Designers Team up for Digital Piggy Bank - April 11, 2018
- Bitfinex Adds 12 New Tokens to Trading Platform - April 10, 2018
- tZERO Unveils Prototype for Upcoming Security Token Exchange - April 10, 2018
- Bitcoin Cash Trading Added to Lykke Exchange - April 10, 2018