On December 1, 2015, BITNATION will introduce a public notary service for Estonian e-residents. Via the international BITNATION Public Notary, e-residents, regardless of where they live or do business, will be able to notarize their marriages, birth certificates, business contracts, and much more on the Blockchain.
BITNATION is the world’s first Blockchain powered virtual nation. It provides DIY Governance Services. The international public notary will be the first service the virtual nation provides specifically for Estonian e-residents, but BITNATION has previously received international attention for pioneering marriage, land titles, birth certificates, refugee emergency response, and world citizenship ID on the blockchain.
Estonian e-Residency is an initiative that allows anyone around the world to take advantage of the secure authenticated online identity the Estonian government already offers its 1.3 million residents.
The launch of the BITNATION public notary illustrates how Estonian e-Residency can provide a platform for not only banking and corporate incorporation, but also other day-to-day governance services, that creatively address the needs of entrepreneurs and citizens around the world. If a couple get married on the Public Notary, it doesn’t mean they get married in the jurisdiction of Estonia, or in any other nation state jurisdiction. Instead, they get married in the ‘blockchain jurisdiction’.
The blockchain technology provides a worldwide legally binding proof of existence and integrity of your contractual agreements.
In Estonia we believe that people should be able to freely choose their digital/public services best fit to them, regardless of the geographical area where they were arbitrarily born,” said e-Residency Program Director Kaspar Korjus. “We’re truly living in exciting times when nation states and virtual nations compete and collaborate with each other on an international market, to provide better governance services.”
BITNATION Founder, Susanne Tarkowski Tempelhof, said she believes the Estonian government:
“…understands the dynamics of the globalization era far better than any other government” she can think of. “I’m delighted to work with Estonia’s e-Residency program to set a standard practice of competition of governance services on a global market, and to enable others to exercise Self-determination and follow BITNATION’s path to sovereignty”.
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019