According to a report from its FinTech Innovation Lab Asia Pacific, Accenture is predicting strong growth in Fintech around blockchain technology.
Accenture expects to see strong growth infintech around blockchain, the underlying distributed ledger technology that supports the exchange of cryptocurrency and cryptographically secured financial assets.
Investors show particular interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology startups. Globally, US$461 million has been invested in 54 companies during the first nine months of 2015, for an average investment of US$8.53 million.
While in APAC, Singaporebased BitX, a cryptocurrency-based startup operating a wallet, several exchanges and merchant integration services, raised US$4 million in July through a Series-A round of fundraising.
And Bitspark — a Hong Kongbased company with a remittance platform that uses blockchain technology to send and receive payments in emerging markets — was one of seven startups selected for the 2015 FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific.
We forecast that blockchain investments in Asia-Pacific will continue to grow, and we see its potential in the securitization of physical assets. This is because although much of the blockchain focus has been on front-oce applications, blockchain and similar distributed ledger technologies might soon play a role in the entire lifecycle of a trade, including clearing and settlement, collateral management, payments and reconciliation.
We also expect distributed ledger technologies to become a critical part of the backbone of future capital markets. This creates multiple opportunities for startups, so banks should pay close attention and have strategies in place for working these technologies into their development roadmaps.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020