Singapore-based BitX today announced an undisclosed amount of additional funding from Venturra Capital, a leading Southeast Asian venture fund. According to Crunchbase BitX has now raised $8.8M in 4 Rounds from 4 Investors.
Venturra will join BitX’s existing investor group that includes The Naspers Group and Barry Silbert’s Digital Currency Group.
BitX is a global cryptocurrency platform, providing highly secure mobile wallets, institutional quality exchanges, and various APIs for merchant and other business integration. BitX customers around the world use the platform for faster and cheaper money transfers, buying online, and trading and storing their Bitcoin.
Venturra Capital is a US$150m Southeast Asia-focused venture fund based out of Jakarta, founded by former Rocket Internet and Monk’s Hill Ventures partner Stefan Jung, Google Indonesia CEO Rudy Ramawy and John Riady, Director of the Lippo Group, a diversified Indonesian super-conglomerate.
Stefan Jung, Venturra Capital co-founder and managing partner said:
“BitX has an exceptional team that combines deep technical expertise and commercial acumen. They have proven they can build innovative products and strong traction in a rapidly emerging industry.”
“We’re very excited to bring Venturra onboard for the next phase of BitX’s growth”, added BitX co-founder and CEO, Marcus Swanepoel. “Venturra is one of those rare funds that doesn’t just talk about adding value, but actually does it, in a consistent, relevant and tangible way. This, combined with their unrivalled expertise and networks in the Southeast Asian market, makes for an exciting partnership that will help solidify our leading position in the region.”
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020